• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westminster, May 5th Biweekly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Hey Mana/Ken just a general question
a few fans of us Vegas players want to come and show support.
If they pay entry for the biweekly will they be allowed in?
Of course they will get the rundown of the rules and how they must behave, they will all most likely play in the tournament as well.
Think of it as free money for you guys haha.

Also as far as the 5v5, would you consider a larger crew battle? just a question thanks
larger crew = too good =)

10 v 10?

20 v 20 =)

manacloud1

Smash Champion
vicko

Hey Mana/Ken just a general question
a few fans of us Vegas players want to come and show support.
If they pay entry for the biweekly will they be allowed in?
Of course they will get the rundown of the rules and how they must behave, they will all most likely play in the tournament as well.
Think of it as free money for you guys haha.

Also as far as the 5v5, would you consider a larger crew battle? just a question thanks
the vegas fans can play 10 bucks to enter, and the money will go towards the electrical bill for my parents.

10 vs 10 crew is quite large. We wont even have time to run the tourney. I suggest we have the crews first then run the tourney. So heres how it might work. Perhaps a 7 vs 7 or a 5 vs 5. Chances are people are going to camp in crews and the longer the delay the longer the tournament time lasts which is bad.

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
7v7 sounds fair, and for the $10 thats just to watch or to enter the biweekly as well?

and again, vegas players that aren't in the crews or biweekly can pay to watch right?
is there a limit on how many people we can bring because for some reason a large entourage is developing haha

zeta

Smash Journeyman
first off there is not gonna be a 7v7 thats just not gonna happen

at most 5v5

vegas doesn't have enough good players to do a 7v7 and we barely make a 5 team

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
ok looks like a 5v5 after all haha

so is there a limit to how many people total we can bring?

Kin0

Smash Rookie
There actually are 7 good players

Danny, Kyle, Keith, Vicko, Leo, Gus , Sean, Kelsey

But five would probably be a better idea.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
well

7v7 sounds fair, and for the $10 thats just to watch or to enter the biweekly as well?

and again, vegas players that aren't in the crews or biweekly can pay to watch right?
is there a limit on how many people we can bring because for some reason a large entourage is developing haha
its ten bucks to enter the bi weekly, however, people who are just watching are just filling space meaning we charge them the cost of entering the tournament even though they dont play. Hope this explains it. So ten to watch or ten to play they can decide.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

what i dont get is people dont know the level of skill from other areas, but they already think they aren't good.

Vegas has some good players. Note that the amount of time this games been out just because people dont travel anymore doesnt mean they dont know anything about the game. Traveling just allows people who already have insight on the game to learn more about different mind sets etc.

im pretty sure after this bi weekly is over people will say wow! and go on these boards and say vegas your pretty d@mn good.

Btw, i suggest hugs you post your list sometime this weekend so so cal can atleast start strategizing.

nublet06

Smash Lord
your right...we should all be depressed and think about how we are going to get owned by vegas.........wait a minute

SOCAL RAPESIES ON VEGAS.

nobody thinks that vegas sucks. we just all think we are good. i think everyone loves being a part of socal and would try their best to defend it from dirty gamblers who dont pay sales tax(lol does nevada have sales tax?). and why not feel confident going in to things?

i might say..."wow vegas is pretty good.......but it was still rapesies."

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
so rather than bet on a win/loss would you rather bet on how much stock vegas will take/have left?

and we are all from vegas

zeta

Smash Journeyman
hey mike just wondering if any matches will be recorded. i don't know if you normally record any matches but for us this is a special occasion. if you normally don't, would it be alright if we recorded or own matches. If needed i'm sure we could provide a couple of vcrs and tapes.

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
so rather than bet on a win/loss would you rather bet on how much stock vegas will take/have left?

i think if u lose to e40 and i 4 stock e40 and im not even ranked top 20 in socal lol thats kinda saying something iono though evans too good

E40 OUT THIZ HIZITICH!!!!!

emerican

Smash Ace
oh cause i have friends from Henderson that i play counterstrike with, but they were telling me about their friend that wins all the gamestop smash tourney's out there... i didnt get to play him last visit so i dont know his name or what he looks like or anything though...

small world huh?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
umm

hey mike just wondering if any matches will be recorded. i don't know if you normally record any matches but for us this is a special occasion. if you normally don't, would it be alright if we recorded or own matches. If needed i'm sure we could provide a couple of vcrs and tapes.
yeah i was planning on recording this , but im not giong to make the video and post it online. Can someone bring a vcr and some blank tapes?

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
i guess we'll provide, no biggie

andrew: he said gameSTOP

emerican: couldn't tell you. gamestop/eb tournaments are far and wide and they're usually over before i hear about them, if at all. so I wouldn;t even know who you're talking about unless the store name was wrong like kin0 suggested.

ezyn: i'm pretty hot and cold on matches, but evan's messed up in the head with his win loss record against me.

emerican

Smash Ace
emerican: couldn't tell you. gamestop/eb tournaments are far and wide and they're usually over before i hear about them, if at all. so I wouldn;t even know who you're talking about unless the store name was wrong like kin0 suggested.

The dude's name is Andre and i guess it wasnt a gamestop tourney or whatever.... u guys know him?

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Don't stop keeping the bi-weeklies coming!! I'll have a brand new car when I get my tax return!! Hang tight SoCal!! ThomaSexy will be back!!

February 17th is my birthday....... Too bad I'll miss it.... unless someone wants to give me a ride......

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
After much deliberation I've come up with a team to play vs Vegas. I'd like to know everyone's opinion on my decision. Not that I will change my team because of popular opinion, but It may influence my choice.

1. DSF
2. Wolf
3. Mike Y
4. Edreese
5. HugS

Alternates in no order (incase one of my 5 doesn't show up). I'll choose a replacement player based on who fits the new roster better.

Arash
ROFL
Rome
David C
Boa

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
After much deliberation I've come up with a team to play vs Vegas. I'd like to know everyone's opinion on my decision. Not that I will change my team because of popular opinion, but It may influence my choice.

1. DSF
2. Wolf
3. Mike Y
4. Edreese
5. HugS

Alternates in no order (incase one of my 5 doesn't show up). I'll choose a replacement player based on who fits the new roster better.

Arash
ROFL
Rome
David C
Boa
Didn't i say that i wanted top 5 on the socal power rankings not to be able to participate vs vegas? top 5 people in socal has already had their spot light, it's time for others to shine and represent and show that not only a couple of players are good but overall **** good :)

Of course hugs can still coach and be captain, but yes, those are the rules

Edit: basically, i want socal's Team B not their Team A

nublet06

Smash Lord
well there goes DSF (he cant come anyway :ohwell: ) wolf, and i guess you cant play hugs :(

and i was told that romeo is dissapearing for a while again...so he might not be a possibility for secondary. all of these circumstances would leave.

mike y
edrees
arash
rofl
David C (unless romeo could come)

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Didn't i say that i wanted top 5 on the socal power rankings not to be able to participate vs vegas? top 5 people in socal has already had their spot light, it's time for others to shine and represent and show that not only a couple of players are good but overall **** good :)

Of course hugs can still coach and be captain, but yes, those are the rules

Edit: basically, i want socal's Team B not their Team A
No, actually you didn't say you wanted the top 5 to stay out of the crew battle. I checked your posts from feb 3rd and I saw nothing like that. Unless you posted it before Feb 3rd, or you posted it under someone else's name.

Either way, I personally think it's a bit insulting to give vegas our B team when they may very well want to play our A team. And after Manacloud's rant, I would think that I was being encouraged to select some players with actual OOS experience. But I guess he was being sarcastic?

And I understand that it's your home and you make the rules for the crew battle, but when you tell me who I can or can't pick, it kind of takes the fun out of being captain.

I'll only accept this new "rule" if Vegas accepts it and if Socal feels the same way.

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
**** that we should use our A team. The team hugs picked is rapesies, why should socal NOT pick our best 5? If its a REAL showdown, its vegas' best agianst our best. not vegas' best against our semi best. Sure i understand our other players should get spot light and all, but i believe we could very well lose with our b team and if we do then wut?

Are we gonna john it an say "we used our b team, that isnt our best"? come on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom