• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
LOL @ the vid.

Mewtwo for SSB4. They could of finished making him at least.

Darkurai

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=191189
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=191160
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190606
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190083

Can somebody please explain why these threads got closed and not this one? They all had to do with edits or hacking of characters in Brawl, but they were locked (and the latter was just remade a few days later in tactical discussion).

Wait. Nevermind. I forgot. The person who made this has a red name. Sorry for bothering you guys.
The thread was in the Back Room first, where his red name doesn't really carry that much weight.

Lighten up. With all the **** they have to deal with here on a daily basis, they deserve to have some fun.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The thread was in the Back Room first, where his red name doesn't really carry that much weight.

Lighten up. With all the **** they have to deal with here on a daily basis, they deserve to have some fun.
It's still spam. I have to deal with a lot of **** in my life, but I'm not going around creating spam threads. Mod or not, it's a spam thread through and through. From what I can see it's a bunch of people saying "ZOMG I KNOW HOW 2 UNLOCK MEW2!" "NO NO, THIS IS HOW YOU UNLOCK HIM" "LULZ HIS FINAL SMASH IS AWZOME!"

It's not even that funny if you ask me, and it's spam, through and through. Don't mean to offend anyone, but I'm honestly quite surprised that a mod would create something like this.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=191189
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=191160
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190606
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190083

Can somebody please explain why these threads got closed and not this one? They all had to do with edits or hacking of characters in Brawl, but they were locked (and the latter was just remade a few days later in tactical discussion).

Wait. Nevermind. I forgot. The person who made this has a red name. Sorry for bothering you guys.
Yeah. DEFINITELY should learn the history behind this thread before you go spouting off on what constitutes a moderator's duties and what should or shouldn't be locked. Because you know better, right?

EDIT:
...If you STILL need it spelled out for you more...

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5223188&postcount=39

Darkurai

Smash Master
It's still spam. I have to deal with a lot of **** in my life, but I'm not going around creating spam threads. Mod or not, it's a spam thread through and through. From what I can see it's a bunch of people saying "ZOMG I KNOW HOW 2 UNLOCK MEW2!" "NO NO, THIS IS HOW YOU UNLOCK HIM" "LULZ HIS FINAL SMASH IS AWZOME!"

It's not even that funny if you ask me, and it's spam, through and through. Don't mean to offend anyone, but I'm honestly quite surprised that a mod would create something like this.
Again.
Back room.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
dont they change they character every week? if they didnt feel like doing one this week its kinda obvious they would put a joke one in. Calm down, SPanda is really serious about this game, i know he's in my crew and actully one of the mods who actually cares about what you say. So unless your a moron you'll stop flaming.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Isn't it blatantly obvious that this thread was created as a HUMOROUS TRIBUTE to Mewtwo? They were just being true M2 fans, that's all...

Anyway, Mewtwo's smashes come out on frame ZERO, right? Any experienced Mewtwo player has realized that this means that Mewtwo smashes before you even press the button or C-Stick, so thus all you have to do is THINK about smashing in a certain direction. This is because Mewtwo can read minds. A true expert doesn't even have to THINK about it to cause instant 999% damage to anyone foolish enough to come within range of Mewtwo's buffed-up D-Smash...

JLynn943

Smash Ace
when facing mewtwo, the only logical strategy is to unplug your controller and cry

and just PRAY that you still can have babies

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Yeah. DEFINITELY should learn the history behind this thread before you go spouting off on what constitutes a moderator's duties and what should or shouldn't be locked. Because you know better, right?
I know that mods should not be spamming. I assumed that that went without saying. If you're going to say that I should learn the history, then please tell me where. Of course, I'm guessing that everybody will say 'Back Room' and not provide anything beyond that.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

EDIT:
...If you STILL need it spelled out for you more...

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5223188&postcount=39
Pardon me for asking, but how does it being in the BRoom initially make it any less spam? Doesn't that just mean the BRoom is full of spam?

If there's more history to it than that, then tell me because all I've heard is that it's from the BRoom.

Isn't it blatantly obvious that this thread was created as a HUMOROUS TRIBUTE to Mewtwo? They were just being true M2 fans, that's all...
How is a ton of people saying how broken his moves are and how to unlock him when he's not in the game a tribute him at all? It seems like a more appropriate way to tribute to him would be to discuss hopeful movesets, final smashes, storylines, etc. for him, ways to be implemented, instead of ridiculously stupid things about how broken Mewtwo "is".

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Firus, your points are made invalid by the stickied, mod only spam thread Master cheif in brawl(which I cant seem to find....)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Firus, your points are made invalid by the stickied, mod only spam thread Master cheif in brawl(which I cant seem to find....)
Invalid? Hardly. It just means there's even more spam.

In any case, it's a mod party. Mod parties are different.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Mewtwo In my opinion deserves a tribute . He isn't a clone that got taken out. He was a character with a fresh, cool moveset. There wasn't a good reason for him getting taken out. If he can get 1 thread like this, I don't see a problem.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Mewtwo In my opinion deserves a tribute . He isn't a clone that got taken out. He was a character with a fresh, cool moveset. There wasn't a good reason for him getting taken out. If he can get 1 thread like this, I don't see a problem.
I wouldn't have a problem if the thread had a different nature. If you look through the thread it's full of posts just saying how broken Mewtwo "is". It's not even as if that's a logical conclusion if he were in Brawl, considering he was bottom of bottom tier in Melee.
If it were a true tribute, I'd be fine with it. This is only an insult to Mewtwo, if anything.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I wouldn't have a problem if the thread had a different nature. If you look through the thread it's full of posts just saying how broken Mewtwo "is". It's not even as if that's a logical conclusion if he were in Brawl, considering he was bottom of bottom tier in Melee.
If it were a true tribute, I'd be fine with it. This is only an insult to Mewtwo, if anything.
The thought of a good mewtwo was a big hope for us mewtwo mainers. This thread shows the greatness of Mewtwo, not what we got in melee.

It was sakurai who insulted us by not including him ;)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The thought of a good mewtwo was a big hope for us mewtwo mainers. This thread shows the greatness of Mewtwo, not what we got in melee.

It was sakurai who insulted us by not including him ;)
Well yeah, I myself love Mewtwo and he's sort of my secondary (along with Marth), I'm just saying it's not even sensible or reasonable, it's just random shouting of how broken one thing would be. Which isn't intelligent nor does it tribute him very well, if you ask me.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by KishPrime
I cant wait till we can release that custom stage to the masses. Back Room Stage Designer rocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KishPrime
I'm still totally pumped about that stage. It's too bad everyone but the characters with flying ability fall to their doom immediately.

What was with this stuff?
More info please.
Still waiting for someone to explain more..

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥Wow.... I'm not really sure what to say here....

Errrmm... go Mewtwo? ;)

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Its really sad how this has become standard conversations at tourneys:
"I'll MM you in a Mewtwo Ditto."
"FD, no items, Mewtwo only."
"Who ever breaks the wii first wins."
The Wii wasn't built to handle that kinda power. =/

Oathblivion

Smash Apprentice
Possible New AT

This might be old information, so I'm sorry if it is. I was playing with Mewtwo yesterday (plz don't call me a noob) and I did something that made him fly behind the stage. I can't recreate it, and I don't know if it will be useful or not. Can someone help me?

PS: Here's a link to the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgNZkMJSedw

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
how do u unlock mewtwo?? anyone
Become very experienced with programming, or find someone who is. Find someone else who's very good with making 3D models. Get them both to work on Mewtwo's coding and his model. Put the data on the Brawl disc and you've got Mewtwo.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Become very experienced with programming, or find someone who is. Find someone else who's very good with making 3D models. Get them both to work on Mewtwo's coding and his model. Put the data on the Brawl disc and you've got Mewtwo.
Actually, Mewtwo's model is already in the game, as well as some partial coding and classic mode image . So all you would have to do is fill in the coding, animate the model, and maybe make his character-select screen image...

...However, that is the long way around of doing it. LIKE I SAID: Making GiantPunch, FalconPauwnch, WarlockPunch, and Pound (as well as a few others) connect would induce so much awesomeness it would instantly fill in Mewtwo's code and have is icon replace that ******** random button...

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Actually, Mewtwo's already model is in the game, as well as some partial coding and classic mode image . So all you would have to do is fill in the coding, animate the model, and maybe make his character-select screen image...
True.

In any case, it ain't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom