• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We R Bottom Tire!!!1

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Sorry about the whole overly "!" But we are bottom tier. We can always change it right? :D Right? :( So all we need is to rank in tourneys. -___-
EASIER SAID THAN DONE!!!

So meh, here's the list.

Metaknight
Snake
King DDD
Mr G&W
Falco
ROB

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
DK
Diddy
Pikachu
IC
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zamus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Shiek

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokemon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Cptn. Falcon
:(

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I'll say what I said before on the Mario forums.
No one cares. :p It's just an announcement. We should know where our own characters rank. This just kind of encourages us to become better. So I don't need "TR4Q." I don't care if you think TR4Q, it's just for anyone who is interested.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It wasn't an insult towards you. =P

It was an insult to the list.

EDIT: Besides, the Mid/Low list is all over the place.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
It wasn't an insult towards you. =P

It was an insult to the list.

EDIT: Besides, the Mid/Low list is all over the place.
Oh sorry -___- And you're right but I don't think Link deserves second to bottom. :p Not being a LoZ fanboy, but he's a good character. If he was lighter and had a better recovery and a good second jump, he'd be mid.

Link_hero_Tubs

Smash Rookie
this is slightly depressing but us loyal link boys will keep fightin for a higher position on the list right ???? ... also a shame to see our rival ganon above us lol dam. anyways guys when i actually get recording equipment and time im gonna start doin tourneys down here in florida and try to record matches .. and yea just contribute more.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Well I've only been to a couple of tourneys, but I'd love to see some more Links in tournaments...I felt like I was the only one playing Link at the last one I went to...

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Hes low tier because he has one of the crappiest recoveries in the game, and hes slow-ish.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
tier lists will do what they wish, but we can win tournaments regardless. As for the recovery, it is easily gimped and terrible, but that doesn't stop Legan from beating an exceptional R.O.B. So, who says we can't beat MK or any of the other high tier characters?

Just sayin.....

D

Deleted member

I'll say what I said before on the Mario forums.

Good thing tiers are for queers.
i hereby state that you are never allowed on the link boards again

"TR4Q" was made by a whole bunch of f*ggety little kids that think that they are the best in the world just because they can beat their younger brother. The only people that use that phrase are on the exact same level.

link will always be bottom/low tier for the rest of sbb's lifespan, get used to it or change mains.

/thread

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
i hereby state that you are never allowed on the link boards again

"TR4Q" was made by a whole bunch of f*ggety little kids that think that they are the best in the world just because they can beat their younger brother. The only people that use that phrase are on the exact same level.

link will always be bottom/low tier for the rest of sbb's lifespan, get used to it or change mains.
*shrugs*

Quite generalizing don't you think? Don't you think I just use the phrase just to state that I don't really like to judge characters by tiers alone? I know Link has always been low/bottom (where IS bottom tier anyway?) ever since Smash64, and I still play him cause I find him as a fun character, not because I want to make his tier placement better.

Sure, I like to discuss tiers, but people who live by them I don't really like, and to say that I'm on the same level as a "***gety little kid" cause of a (in)famous phrase (that I find funny) is quite unsatisfying.

Please never state such a narrow-minded post ever again, cause I respect you quite well as a Link mainer.

D

Deleted member

instead of saying TR4Q you could of used the just as stupid quote tiers don't exist

TR4Q = competitive smash is taking the fun out of my game because people want to use the best characters and play on final destination to beat me

Tiers Don't Exist = i'm in denial of how bad/good a character is.

imo both statements are on different levels of stupidity but Tiers don't exist is much better than fcking TR4Q.

Learn from tiers, don't live by tiers.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
instead of saying TR4Q you could of used the just as stupid quote tiers don't exist

TR4Q = competitive smash is taking the fun out of my game because people want to use the best characters and play on final destination to beat me

imo both statements are on different levels of stupidity but Tiers don't exist is much better than fcking TR4Q.

pretty much this, Link's a terrible character (quite obvious) but I play him because I like him.

Since brawl came out I've drifted away from competitive brawl and looked upon it as a fun game, and in doing so it hasn't displeased me yet. I hate the tiers, but it's a character system that works very very efficiently whether I like it or not.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Just as ArkiveZero and Aurashade have said, Link is always going to be a low tier nothing we could do can possibly change it.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738

Not trying to start a fight, but I'm not going to limit myself to what I wanna say because a person, or a few more who just aren't as blunt, finds it "stupid" or it came from "******** people". I'll say what I wanna say, and if you don't like me for it, then I can accept that.

And I don't care if Link is the 2nd worst character in Brawl. Tiers never had a negative impact on my character choices (I've always mained Mario and Link, who are usually always in low/mid tier), and they never will. I'll still play as Link, and I'll still put effort into him.

Dragonslayer9

Smash Cadet
One of the best tier lists on here, but it still seems Pokemon trainer and Jigglypuff are under used.

Royale

Smash Journeyman
pretty much this, Link's a terrible character (quite obvious) but I play him because I like him.

Since brawl came out I've drifted away from competitive brawl and looked upon it as a fun game, and in doing so it hasn't displeased me yet. I hate the tiers, but it's a character system that works very very efficiently whether I like it or not.
Thats kinda what i've done with my game in general. I'll get better at the characters i wanna main because i like them. Tiers dont mean ****, its all about the heart and devotion of the player thats willing to play them.

Deva

Smash Lord
Aww, Falcon is worse than Link XD, I wanted Link to be the worst character in the game..... oh well.

Ok, now that the tier list is finally up, I can finally go **** with Link. Watch the confusion at tournaments as Link takes first at every major tournament from here on out =P. I just needed him to be at the bottom for my plan to succeed ^_^.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Thats kinda what i've done with my game in general. I'll get better at the characters i wanna main because i like them. Tiers dont mean ****, its all about the heart and devotion of the player thats willing to play them.

Says the guy with a Metaknight as him main.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Well this thread went the wrong way -___- yeah Arkive basically summed up what I was about to say. XD I made the thread to tell people who didn't know where Link stood in the 1st list, not to make a flame war. I wish this thread was closed...

Izaw

Smash Ace
Actaully this is awesome, poeple will rather see Link the zomg so called bottomtier play in matches and get more impressed by it. lulz @ me

But yeah. Nothing we can do about it.

Legan

Smash Lord
I really dont understand why we care that hes low tier. A lower tier usually means that you are less likely to see that character in competitive play. The less played a character is, the less people will know how to play against it. They've made this tier list way to early and that is what were going to use to our advantage. Alot of people think they have played good links, but many have never seen what a link can do that uses and knows how to apply almost all of his AT's. Just keep building up your game guys and well inevitably see link make his way up the tier list.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Aww, Falcon is worse than Link XD, I wanted Link to be the worst character in the game..... oh well.

Ok, now that the tier list is finally up, I can finally go **** with Link. Watch the confusion at tournaments as Link takes first at every major tournament from here on out =P. I just needed him to be at the bottom for my plan to succeed ^_^.
Soon Link shall be proven to be a counter character to all the top and high tier characters. BWAHAHHAHA!

<_<

D

Deleted member

Watch the confusion at tournaments as Link takes first at every major tournament from here on out =P.
yea i was confused on Norfair when your link started SHDLing and dair spiking me.

I really dont understand why we care that hes low tier. A lower tier usually means that you are less likely to see that character in competitive play. The less played a character is, the less people will know how to play against it. They've made this tier list way to early and that is what were going to use to our advantage. Alot of people think they have played good links, but many have never seen what a link can do that uses and knows how to apply almost all of his AT's. Just keep building up your game guys and well inevitably see link make his way up the tier list.
this

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Meh. They can say Link is that bad all they want. They'll be wrong.

For some reason, no one listens to the Link mains. Anywhere. Except other Link mains. It's rather frustrating.

Whatever. The answer = what Legan said.

I don't really care for the list, but I do feel the Link was placed the most innacurately of all the characters by a longshot. Or clawshot. *hint hint*

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Well, maybe Link will be better the next time around, right?

....Right?....

....*Sob*

Oh well, Link's bottom tier. That shouldn't stop anyone from using him. If anything, it'll only drive me to use Link more now.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Well, maybe Link will be better the next time around, right?

....Right?....

....*Sob*

Oh well, Link's bottom tier. That shouldn't stop anyone from using him. If anything, it'll only drive me to use Link more now.
The "drive me to play him more" is exactly why I made this thread! To get responses like that. I am also driven to keep Link up and get him above Ganon, at the least. So lets keep on fighting with Link! XD Oh and I have minutes before I have to go to school :'( Wish me luck in 8th Grade.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Meh. They can say Link is that bad all they want. They'll be wrong.

For some reason, no one listens to the Link mains. Anywhere. Except other Link mains. It's rather frustrating.

Whatever. The answer = what Legan said.

I don't really care for the list, but I do feel the Link was placed the most innacurately of all the characters by a longshot. Or clawshot. *hint hint*
Speaking to the choir

Yep 22 tournament ranking yet 33 spot on the tier list.
At least Sonic had tournament rankings @_@

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
**** im sorry lol
i tried link i think he has potential but no one will do it like i did in melee with GW. GW had no shield, **** off if you dont wanna make Link the best

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I think he was trying to brag. >_>

Yep 22 tournament ranking yet 33 spot on the tier list.
At least Sonic had tournament rankings @_@
It's a good reason why this list shouldn't be taken seriously yet. There's still a lot of mastering to deal with for all characters. I expect the list to be completely different (except for maybe Metaknight being up top) in about a year, maybe sooner.

Wolfandike

Smash Apprentice
look people I know how it feels In melee I used roy but It was inposimble 2 beat people for me then I switched and I realized tiers mean stuff Im twice as good as before when I changed. I personally though think its not the tier that makes the player good its the player

Top Bottom