• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We R Bottom Tire!!!1

sasook

Smash Champion
while DDD does **** link with bair and grab ... you can lay down some hefty beatings on him with well timed projectiles and zair spacing. i know everyone hates to hear this .. but yea dont get grabbed lol, i just try not to fall for shiled grab set ups. usually a Zair while jumping backwards keeps me well spaced from his grab attempts .. DDD is tricky and does indeed coutner link
Well yes, but as we know what a DDD will do, likewise, a DDD player will know what we will do (zair spacing, projectile spamming, etc.). As you can see in Legan's match, a skilled DDD isn't fooled by zair spacing and so other moves are required, which are more risky.

D

Deleted member

and mua.

I would like to play you guys during the weekend if someone is available to play during the day Saturday and Sunday.

I havent met a Link I couldnt handle. :)
you live near kansas city?

O.T.L

Smash Apprentice
No :( I'm in Texas, D-town. I was hoping for an online match, I dont feel like driving to kansas city :)

I know lag is gay, but I'll put up with it if you do.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
I live near chicago (no1 asked? k whatevs) and I'm hoping to play one of you during the tournament, even if it's just for friendlies. Any big midwest tournaments coming up?

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
just a general question for any midwest tournaments (within reason of course). Because you live in texas its doubtful I'll ever play you in person. When I said "you guys" I meant arikive, dolphinns, and Legan. I would play you online but with lag it won't really be legit.

O.T.L

Smash Apprentice
just a general question for any midwest tournaments (within reason of course). Because you live in texas its doubtful I'll ever play you in person. When I said "you guys" I meant arikive, dolphinns, and Legan. I would play you online but with lag it won't really be legit.
Nothing online is legit, I use online for fun/bored reasons.

and I signed up for the Link online tourney yay! I <3 link dittos

D

Deleted member

i guess i'll play you online....

i get back the 20th so sometime around there pm me or something

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
No :( I'm in Texas, D-town. I was hoping for an online match, I dont feel like driving to kansas city :)

I know lag is gay, but I'll put up with it if you do.
Are you serious? I live in Mansfield/Arlington/Ft. Worth.>>> D-town.wow I should come over and we could brawl sometime. Seriously, I could play you personally. It's not much of a drive for me.
And here I thought I might be the only Link in Texas, at least in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area. Hey, PM me.

Finns7

Smash Ace
When I get my wii back and my eyes stop bleeding Ill play you (im dolphins22). D3's chaingrab is the only thing that gets me. His waldaslaves can be beaten by your zair and if you have a bomb you can throw it at him, just watch your approach against d3 and when you get an opening just **** him because he is heavy, why do a fsmash when you can utilt>utilt>upsmash, or utilt >jab cancel to ugh to many inapropriate things...just be creative.

How many GOOD link players actually go to tourneys (respectable ones) consistently. Legan and Deva and Arkive are the only ones I know of who go to tourneys but they dont seem to go to as much as m2k or Azen. If we had an army of Link players that where all over the sayain levels we could ravish the tourney scene and make a name for link.

Link has combo abilities if you use his projectilse correctly and he has pretty good KO moves. His recovery is bad but with the proper DI Link can survive. Ive survived snakes tilts by DI upwards, Foxes upsmash by DI to the left or right and doing dair (this move stops upward momentum really well most links I watch dont seem to use this though).

Hey I have no Wii right now so I cant try this idea out, ok Link has bombs right...well say if a char was trying to gimp you with a fair and you pulled out a bomb and hit the z button to drop it right when the hit connects or a little before, wouldnt that make both of you explode(say if shieks hand on her fair hit the bomb before hitting you making you both explode upwards)? Can someone test this out.

Leon945

Smash Apprentice
I'd be willing to help cause Link is awsome but can someone brawl me tommorow and tell me how to improve cause I know I could use the help and I'd really appericiate it. And Finns I could try it tommorow.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
Hey I have no Wii right now so I cant try this idea out, ok Link has bombs right...well say if a char was trying to gimp you with a fair and you pulled out a bomb and hit the z button to drop it right when the hit connects or a little before, wouldnt that make both of you explode(say if shieks hand on her fair hit the bomb before hitting you making you both explode upwards)? Can someone test this out.
I'll test this out tommorow, but it sounds like a good idea. It also sounds like it can be used with the other aerials like Dair and Bair as well...

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
How many GOOD link players actually go to tourneys (respectable ones) consistently. Legan and Deva and Arkive are the only ones I know of who go to tourneys but they dont seem to go to as much as m2k or Azen. If we had an army of Link players that where all over the sayain levels we could ravish the tourney scene and make a name for link.
Heck ya, army of Link players (beastly ones) to be a force to be reckoned with.

Leon945

Smash Apprentice
Finns I tried that bomb thing but I may have messed something up but if I did it right then it doesn't work. What happened was either the other guy caught the bomb, it exploded on me, or the other time, and this only happened once out of about 15 trys, the bomb completely disappeared

Finns7

Smash Ace
Wierd, yes I wasnt thinking the player who is going to gimp links attack will probably grab the bomb. I dont have brawl I forgot that mechanic.

Leon945

Smash Apprentice
It might be better if you could do it when you get your wii back because you know exactly what you want to do but that's what I got from trying it

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
Gtfo aurashade your jokes are man corny and u aint got the balls to say any of this in some1s face.
No. Such talk will anger Aurashade, and force him to vaporize you with the laser beams that he shoots from his eyes.

P.S. Aurashade is quite funny. "Half Life 2 is the best LoZ game" 'Nuff said.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
I'm no Link mainer and I probably never will be, but... you guys are giving up WAY to easily!

We'll NEVER be able to rasie Link's tier position...

Link will ALWAYS be low/bottom...

Come on, have some faith... try to use him more. Try. I want to see a whole bunch of characters rise on the Tier list. look at ganondorf. he's higher than link, but only by a bit. the people on those boards are trying their hardest to learn every advantage he could have and raise his tier position. And they're even trying to bring him to more tourneys.

The link mainers should be the same.

Leon945

Smash Apprentice
I want to help but SOMEONE tell me how. I've been trying to get someone to tell me for 2 days

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
I want to help but SOMEONE tell me how. I've been trying to get someone to tell me for 2 days
Start placing with Link in tournaments.

Any tournament really, find one being held by your local Gamestop or something. Or go to bigger tournaments and use Link. Or find some other way to help, like finding new strategies or something. Anything you think is contributing to Link as a whole, no matter how minor, is helping.

Deva

Smash Lord
aight, I'm goin to GC nationals tomorrow, expect some Link vs MK Deva vs DSF MM's on youtube soon ^_^.

TriforceMaster5282

Smash Apprentice
Here's one thing people ALWAYSSSS forget... they are based on statistics... not just whose better, who wins more often, just because MetaKnight is Top and Link is Bottom, doesnt mean meta is any better than link, all it says that in the competitions, MetaKnight is more likey to win, so if your good with Link, and you can pwn any character, then get your butts in tourney's or something, but dont say tiers dont exist cuz they do, its just the definition that people r stupid about

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I need to find a tourney first -___- And I'm never gonna give Link up, never gunna let the boards down! Never gonna- ok I'll stop. (I ran out of stuff to say lmao) Online tourneys don't count so I need to find one at my local game stop or something. :/ I really want to find a tourney to have Link place in XD

He's got crazy dance moves! @_@ (Look at my new sig)

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
I need to find a tourney first -___- And I'm never gonna give Link up, never gunna let the boards down! Never gonna- ok I'll stop. (I ran out of stuff to say lmao) Online tourneys don't count so I need to find one at my local game stop or something. :/ I really want to find a tourney to have Link place in XD
I'm looking for a tourney to join myself. Unfortunately, I doubt I'm good enough to place anywhere near the top 3, but I figure by the time a Brawl tourney arises in my region, I'll have gotten better.

And I could have sworn Blu Link was about to Rick Roll us at any moment...
Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you dowwwn...
Never gonna turn arouuund, and hurt youuu.

Anyways, yeah. Tourneys. I should start practicing if I ever hope to have a popsicle's chance in hell. Anyone who knows of tournaments starting around the Seattle/Bellevue area, that'd be awesome.
Any one willing to add me on Wi-Fi and help me out, that'd be even better. :D

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
I don't undersand why melee players don't flock to Link. He falls the fastest, wavedashes the farthest, and his short jump is low to the ground. I know that's why I like him.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Because pros prefer the furries, gay swordsmen, he/she/it/potato ninjas, and Bleeding Nipples Man.

Quite the crowd!
xD Rofl! Potato Ninja... xD

Anywhoo, next saturday there is a tourney with the grand prize of a Wii in my town. I'm hoping I'll be able to attend, and **** it up like I did at the State Fair where I 3stocked the other kid in the finals. >_>

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
I don't undersand why melee players don't flock to Link. He falls the fastest, wavedashes the farthest, and his short jump is low to the ground. I know that's why I like him.
Have you ever done a wavedash with Luigi? Try it. Link's doesn't go that far.

Top Bottom