• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We got a challenge!

Zhamy

Smash Champion
This is the worst, most unorganized challenge ever. Someone please tell me the DK one will be better than this. Please.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
we should reopen the ganon matchup thread, theres more stuff i know about the matchup after playing kosk

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
Beat Chaindude 3-1.

We have 4-1 now, correct?
oh well... thanks for the games some were pretty close, changed my opnion of ganon for the better **** he has long legs and hits worse then ike :mad:

sorry guys :(

we should reopen the ganon matchup thread, theres more stuff i know about the matchup after playing kosk
also i agree with him only difference is i didnt get to play kosk :laugh:

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
ganny was so different and unexpectly strong i may pick him up >.>

well,as said im out still up for friendlies now if anyone is bored =/

-Mars-

Smash Hero
This is the worst, most unorganized challenge ever. Someone please tell me the DK one will be better than this. Please.
Lol, I know it's supposed to be the best 5 players from both boards....yet kalm and Kosk are the only ones playing. Lol, and I didn't know chaindude and some of these other guys were even on the Fox boards.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ATTENTION ALL:
We need a "BoardWar 1"

i may make a thread suggesting this.
if the gannon and fox thing works out and settles matters, i propose we have a GIANT faceoff of the smash boards.
itll take organizing and I sure as hell wont organize it but if someone finds it interesting we should get the 5 best players of all 37? charecters.
once we figure that out we will make a tournament bracket of the charecters and simply have a HUGE single elimination tournament over Wifi to find out which charecter board gets bragging rights.

:]

i know im being crazy but this would be SO DOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Lol, I know it's supposed to be the best 5 players from both boards....yet kalm and Kosk are the only ones playing. Lol, and I didn't know chaindude and some of these other guys were even on the Fox boards.
ROFL! QFT. I had no idea other people play Fox. The only people I know play Fox are Marsulas, Fenrir, Mav, Rookie, Duo, myself, Snowballbob, Zhamy, Iblis, A6M, Toronto Joe, Kheldar, and Monkey.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know chaindude and some of these other guys were even on the Fox boards.

meh to be expected i've been a lurker for the longest time only started posting in this board bout 3 weeks ago

bright side is i didnt fail miserably well...second match i did:bee:

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
ATTENTION ALL:
We need a "BoardWar 1"

i may make a thread suggesting this.
if the gannon and fox thing works out and settles matters, i propose we have a GIANT faceoff of the smash boards.
itll take organizing and I sure as hell wont organize it but if someone finds it interesting we should get the 5 best players of all 37? charecters.
once we figure that out we will make a tournament bracket of the charecters and simply have a HUGE single elimination tournament over Wifi to find out which charecter board gets bragging rights.

:]

i know im being crazy but this would be SO DOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sounds good to me lol although very complicated

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
i agree. arent yall best ganon ppl beatin sum random ppl who wanna play yall? can we have a vote to see who should play. in that case i might as well have my friend play me as ganon and post i beat one of yall.
so yea, i volunteer to beat a ganon, as long as they are east coast.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
**** bob, i havent seen you on here in a while, good to have ya back....this is dazed incase i forgot to tell you my swf accounts name

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
ok, thats who this is, lol. yea, i been readin sum of the things but my internet was acting up and not letting me post. its fixed now so i can actually post.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
sounds good to me lol although very complicated
no not that much. organizing the times to fight would be the most complicated.
see, each board would just make a thread where they debate who the best 5 are, and that isnt THAT hard to do because it's pretty much know who is.

then we go t o the tourney boards and make a thread with a randomized bracket and just do one set of matches between 2 charecters a day.
it will take mabey 2 weeks to get through the first round.
then a week for the second.
and so on.
it may take a month at the most.

and on that thread just have the 10 people that are facing that day discuss amongst each other when to play one another and who plays who.

lol that is assuming everyone cooperates and doesnt just sleep all day or die the day of their matches.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
And also what was it suppose to be out of? Because I thought it was a best of 3 like usually tourney so when I was 4-1 I was pretty happy because I was sure I won.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
No like I won the first one against you on FD, then lost to you on BF, and beat Kosk on something, and then beat you on FD, and then again on BF. I remember it because I panicked when I saw we were on BF again because you thrashed me on BF but luckily I won.

BTW I hate your Ganon traps. They are mad confusing. I wish I could shine stall online but it gets me killed.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
This is... quite the odd "war".
Frankly, I'm not going to be counting it as official. I see this as more of the practice rounds, tbh. Once we've finalized our roster (and you guys have done the same), that's when we can randomly match people and then have it out.

In other words, meh to this topic.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
I'm pretty sure I didn't play you NeverKnowsBest, and if I did, I won, because I have yet to lose any sets on the Fox boards.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
You guys do realize that this basically means nothing, and that it's just for ****s and giggles, right?

Other than that, I hope you guys have fun with this, and that it doesn't start a huge war over nothing.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
You guys do realize that this basically means nothing, and that it's just for ****s and giggles, right?

Other than that, I hope you guys have fun with this, and that it doesn't start a huge war over nothing.
Yeah I pretty much agree. The lag on Wi-Fi doesn't allow me to play like I want. It is almost impossible for me to camp. I end up running across the stage and do STANDING LASERS *quivers*. The most important part of my game IMO Shine Stalling is impratical so basically I find myself doing dash attacks, up tilts, and the PWG/DCSG, and then praying I can time the lag with an upsmash.

Nonetheless though, it is EXTREMELY fun fighting good Ganon's.

OO and I did not lose to Kosk nor did I play him. I played Teronist09. I'd probably beat Kosk though! ROFL! jk. I wouldn't mind seeing if I lag to you though Kosk.

I hear you are the King of Evil =3.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Yeah I pretty much agree. The lag on Wi-Fi doesn't allow me to play like I want. It is almost impossible for me to camp. I end up running across the stage and do STANDING LASERS *quivers*. The most important part of my game IMO Shine Stalling is impratical so basically I find myself doing dash attacks, up tilts, and the PWG/DCSG, and then praying I can time the lag with an upsmash.

OO and I did not lose to Kosk nor did I play him. I played Teronist09. I'd probably beat Kosk though! ROFL! jk. I wouldn't mind seeing if I lag to you though Kosk.

and hear I was thinking that Teron was Kosk.

Anyways, NeverKnowBest it went like this: I won the first match. We disconnected the second match. You won the second, third, fourth and fifth. So far the scores were 4-1. I won the sixth, seventh, eighth. 4-4, then we had around 4 more matches. It ended as a draw.

Your Fox was impressive though.

Duo55

Smash Ace

Tell me about it man. I'd say a good 80% of my connections are reds :/ or I would fight these guys myself. If anyone wants to determine the match up for real, come to an east coast tournament, and I'll be happy to show you why fox has the advantage :) a good ganon cannot win vs an equally good fox. Sorry, it wont happen. Ganon is slow, easily spaced, easily comboed, easily camped, and easily punished. Everything fox accels in. Now don't get me wrong, Ganon can pull of a 60% ko on fox if the curcumstances are right, but it will be extremely difficult for ganon to land any sort of power move on a fox that has the basic concept of spacing, DCS, and punishing. All this is offline analysis ofcourse. I try not to play fox online anymore, but thats because Fox loses oh say... 60% of his fighting prowess in lag, so trying to determine a match up online is kind of redundent don't you think?

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
and hear I was thinking that Teron was Kosk.

Anyways, NeverKnowBest it went like this: I won the first match. We disconnected the second match. You won the second, third, fourth and fifth. So far the scores were 4-1. I won the sixth, seventh, eighth. 4-4, then we had around 4 more matches. It ended as a draw.

Your Fox was impressive though.
Thanks a million for the props on my Fox man! But technically did I win because I assumed it was a best of 3 set and I thought we were having some friendlies like everyone else was saying after you ***** the other Fox's.

Once again though your Ganon is awesome and so fun to play.

Tell me about it man. I'd say a good 80% of my connections are reds :/ or I would fight these guys myself. If anyone wants to determine the match up for real, come to an east coast tournament, and I'll be happy to show you why fox has the advantage :) a good ganon cannot win vs an equally good fox. Sorry, it wont happen. Ganon is slow, easily spaced, easily comboed, easily camped, and easily punished. Everything fox accels in. Now don't get me wrong, Ganon can pull of a 60% ko on fox if the curcumstances are right, but it will be extremely difficult for ganon to land any sort of power move on a fox that has the basic concept of spacing, DCS, and punishing. All this is offline analysis ofcourse. I try not to play fox online anymore, but thats because Fox loses oh say... 60% of his fighting prowess in lag, so trying to determine a match up online is kind of redundent don't you think?
Agreed. Duo knows his Foxy =D To be honest, yeah it is pretty redundent but it's sooooo fun to fight Ganon's who know what they are doing instead of randomly throwing out warlock punches and non-AC dairs.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
yo i'm up fro sum matches. Kalm or kosk. it's best 3/4 right? so if i/you win 3 an we keep on goin those extra matches doesnt count so there wont be any confusion.

ps: Kalm if we fight today i'm goin to be fox an keep score so be ready

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I go away for Christmas and this happens? No organization or nothing, I agree on the DK match thing with Zhamy. Oi maybe the 2 best Foxes willing to play WIFI should play vs Ray and Kosk.

Top Bottom