• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We got a challenge!

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Yeah man that was crazy.

I have a question though. Has Ganon always had the potential to dair Fox 2 times before I land? Because my mouth dropped when I was like daired twice in the face jump. I like crapped myself in fear.

I'd say Ganon wins on ONLINE NO MATTER WHAT! Like however I am still skeptic about offline.

Kosk, in our games did you notice when I was coming down I barely got any shine stalling off and you usually hit me with the up air? It was because it just wasn't coming out. I was mashing down b so fast and I was getting an epic Ganon foot to the face instead. Fox's spacing game is completely shot in every way because you can Dash Cancel at all because you end up getting hit no matter what. No laser camp because the lag won't allow anything other than a mistimed sh single laser or the dreaded standing lasers.

Nonetheless though Ganon is effing amazing online and I bet good Ganon's are gonna start making some noise in the offline tourneys.

Kosk where do you live? Come down to MD/VA and play at Chu Dat's bi-weeklys!

Kosk really is the king of evil.

note: I think after this, I am definitely gonna drop out of the DK vs Fox wi-fi matches. Fox just needs too much precision to play online.

Duo55

Smash Ace
Thats it, kosk I want see what you can do. Fight me online sometime *dies alittle inside* (I cant believe I just said that.) Im free tomorrow, which, technically in my time is today.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
Thats it, kosk I want see what you can do. Fight me online sometime *dies alittle inside* (I cant believe I just said that.) Im free tomorrow, which, technically in my time is today.
It's gonna be pretty laggy, you know.

Duo55

Smash Ace
It's gonna be pretty laggy, you know.
Ofcourse, I used to play around on wi fi a good while ago, but I'd like to give it a shot anyway, for old times sake lol. I'm actually ready to bet money it'll be a red. Ray_Kalm, I'll warm up vs you if thats ok, I'll be on.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
I have a question though. Has Ganon always had the potential to dair Fox 2 times before I land? Because my mouth dropped when I was like daired twice in the face jump. I like crapped myself in fear.
Yes Ganon does have that potential, Ganon's DAir has enough hit stun to lead into many comboes or setups. On fast fallers or heavy characters he's basically guaranteed two DAir's if he connects with the first and in turn a instant 40+%. But its not like he can just do that only, he can actually also do a grab out of the first DAir into a DThrow and SH UAir. Or a Tipman UAir which will always guarantee a trip and can be auto cancelled into something else like FTilt or DTilt.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
^ How are Ganon's doing in the tournament scene?
Getting ***** by Shiek, Falco, Dedede, and MK. Not to mention lolimar. Some matchups, you just have to CP. That and Kosk has apparently never been to an offline tourney. Makes sense, him being in Arizona and all.

How are you Foxes doing in tournaments?

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
^Bleh that sucks for you guys. Kosk told me like last night the is going to one in January.

I will keep my fingers crossed for Ganon!

I still believe Ganon is out play by Fox offline but ***** UTTERLY online.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
^Bleh that sucks for you guys. Kosk told me like last night the is going to one in January.

I will keep my fingers crossed for Ganon!

I still believe Ganon is out play by Fox offline but ***** UTTERLY online.
Ganon suffers more then Fox online. Kosk doesn't. There's a difference.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
i'm up for sum matches klam or kosk. ive been busy a little. iblis u live in Ga now? what part?

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
kosk never been to a tourny what is this :O what part of B.C you in we have bi weeklies that just started up down here in victoria and there is tournies in port alberny(?) once in a while

Royale

Smash Journeyman
Any videos up? I just love seeing good Ganon's play. It makes the inner evil in me squirm wildly.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Most of these Fox players just have no idea how to approach the matchup. Even some of the tournament Fox players were like WTF HAXORS! Ganon tries to bait you a lot with all of his auto cancels and IASA frames. As long as you have an understanding of the matchup, Fox has no problem with Ganon.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
This thread is hilarious, simply because it's Foxes getting trashed and Ganons going "HAHA WE RULE WHAT NOW TAUNT TAUNT THE FOXES SOME MORE."

<3

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
Haha comon Fox boards 2-7 is pretty garbage but it still is wifi ,but we cant get destroyed like this. Kalm i can fight now or later.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Fox boards failed? State the obvious.

Scores are 7-2.
Personally I do believe we have failed online. But I don't think we have failed offline.

I believe that just because of your placing in tourneys. And I am about 95% sure we have the advantage offline because we can actually play like we are suppose to play.

Hey Ganon mains? Do you have any east coast Ganon players I can try?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Personally I do believe we have failed online. But I don't think we have failed offline.

I believe that just because of your placing in tourneys. And I am about 95% sure we have the advantage offline because we can actually play like we are suppose to play.

Hey Ganon mains? Do you have any east coast Ganon players I can try?
If thats what you mean to say, then we could say the same. We could play more efficiently offline aswell.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
If thats what you mean to say, then we could say the same. We could play more efficiently offline aswell.
O I agree with you 100% with that but the thing is, I just believe we are able to beat Ganon's easy just because we have better control in the spacing and camping department due to our speed. You can try to lure us and try to use your magically awesome Ganon traps but they won't mean a thing if the Fox is able to throw out RAR SHDLs. Like the majority of my games I played over Wi-Fi, I literally just RAN INTO DAIRS. I didn't even attack. I just ran into them repeatedly because I had the button lag wouldn't allow me to defend. I would try to shine stall and it wouldn't come out. I would try to time everything perfectly only to realized it won't happen. Like the lag allows you to auto-cancel your Dair leaving you with basically a happy hopping Ganon dealing massive damage able to kill easy. Fox only has the up smash to land which it's near impossible to land with the button lag.

Kalm are there any east coast Ganon's around?

Top Bottom