• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WATO14.5 - WOLFGANG and Tyler Obliterate

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
WATO14.5
WOLFGANG and Tyler Obliterate

An Orlando Melee Tournament

This is a Melee biweekly tournament! Come out to it and have a good time. WATO15 will still be held on the 30th. SUP

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

rules and details and chipotle

1. cost
  2. time
  3. ruleset
  4. numers
  5. etc

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

COST

$5 Door Fee*

Melee Singles = $5
Melee Doubles = $10 for each Team ($5 a person)

Door fee must be paid or you'll be asked to leave.

Now with Project: M Side event!
$3 to enter double elimination bracket.
Side tournament will occur whenever ENOUGH players enter the event.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

TIME

Registration and Friendlies start at 11 AM.
Melee Doubles begins at 12:30 PM.

Melee Singles begins no later than 4:30 PM.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

RULESET

The WATO Tournaments, as usual, implements the Pound 4 Ruleset.

Melee:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
ADDRESS and NUMBERS

The WATO venue is my house.

3418 Amaca Circle
Orlando, FL 32837

My phone number is 407-488-0510

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ETC

I am offering food and drink at my house, as I mentioned earlier; It comes with paying the five dollar door fee.

For those who don't necessarily want pizza:

I love Chipotle. Near my house is a plaza called THE LOOP. It has lots of stores and restaurants and places to enjoy yourself. Chipotle, Wendy's, Burger King, McDonalds, Subway, 5 Guys Burgers, Taco Bell, KFC, Little Caesars, and much more are less than 5 minutes away.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I hope you guys can make it out to these. I made the price nice and low so everyone could enter events. I encourage players to bring just $25. This covers all the events, gives you food and drink, all day smashing and chilling at my place, and a chance to win easy money back.

SETUPS
BRING THEM

[/LEFT]

Linguini

Smash Master
Good stuff juan on taking my advice for melee-only. That being said this will be the 1st wato i've ever attended.

worddddddd

Everlasting Laughter

Smash Cadet
I think i'll be able to make it to this with my brother for vacation.

H of the box i wanta play some serious smash with you, You're the closest thing to my smash hero.

Everlasting Laughter

Smash Cadet
Nah if that was me I wouldn't be so predictable but either way i'm winning this thread away from you h of box you'll understand all in due time kind sir.

Also what kind of toppings will there be? I'm fine with cheese but i'd love to tell everyone how to eat little saltly fiah the RIGHT way by getting a half order and letting the other guy eat the fish as you eat the amazing favoring affects on the other side. Win win

Zoro

Smash Champion
Didn't put a date if its the 16th I'll go. I dont think I'll be here the week after

Pengie

Smash Lord
Yooooooooo after going to a No Johns in New York I'm pretty hyped to go to this!!! It was mad fun and this better not disappoint! Everyone get hype!!!

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yo I'm looking forward to the vids if you guys record, especially Linguini :)

Pengie

Smash Lord
I get back to FL tomorrow and this is pretty high up on the expectations list for when I get back!!! I wanna see representation from all over FL at this! When was the last time that happened? NOOB3? It's been too long since we've had a decent size tournament in FL!!!

Hype this **** up!!!

Everlasting Laughter

Smash Cadet
I'll try to see if I can get my dad to let me go he hates the fact it's at a house I wanta play you so bad h of box been waiting since pound4 to play you

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Why is this the same day as NLL??

Bleh I woulda went to NLL but I'm not driving 45 mins to this sorry. =[

Pengie

Smash Lord
Why is this the same day as NLL??

Bleh I woulda went to NLL but I'm not driving 45 mins to this sorry. =[
90-ish minutes seems kind of insignificant when put in the context of a day long tournament doesn't it? If you're set on not going that's fine but I can't help but think that commuting time seems somewhat insignificant.

Also hype for NC at WATO 15!!! We should do an FL vs NC crew battle for Melee!

:phone:

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Doubles:

1 Colbol + Rx-
2 Hbox + DarkSonic
3 Linguini + GreenMario
4 zoro + action

Singles:

3 DarkSonic
4 GreenMario
5 Zoro
5 Hiroshi
7 Me
7 kuya
9 Rx-

I lost to Zoro (0-2) and Linguini, gg's guys :) left when linguini and Hbox were in GFs

Top Bottom