• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

TheMike

Smash Lord
yep, i can think
but i am not a wario main, and i would like to know the BESTS follow ups for it, just this!

i want this because i am going to writhe something about trips :D

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
uhhhhh bike breaking only works if you are hit from the left side of the stage to the right blast zone. that gives you enough time to pull out your bike. Usually, just DIing will save you, but at some point, DI won't save you and the bike will. Even then, it might only save you up to like 10% more, it's not going to work till like 300% or anything.

also, if you trip them at high %age, try f-smash or waft. At low %s, i guess bite might work but im pretty sure you can follow up with some more aerials or just **** it and use an f-smash for the damage

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Hi I"m new to Wario. l need alot of questions answered.

1. What's Warios general role in doubles?

2. How big is the learning curve to use Wario in doubles?

3. What's Warios usual options once hes inside someones range?

4. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225579 According to this thread, DDD is his 4th best partner in doubles, how do they do in doubles? Like whats their both of their roles and team straegy. Also they say luigi is 5th best to be with Wario who l main which is amazing lol, how do they do in teams as well?

5. How hard is it to beat MK, D3, Snake, in doubles?

6. Is it wrong to use PX's videos as reference? (<3 PX)

kthx sry if this was rly long.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
1. Wario's role in Doubles is to Tank, and to play hit and run. He is also used to draw an opponent off from your partner, kinda like bait, which will save him from a lot of 2 vs 1 situations. However, once your partner DOES get into a 2 vs 1, you're not gonna be able to really save him if you are far off. This means Wario cannot usually successfully team with a character who is prone to 2 vs 1 situations (Snake, Dedede, Diddy, Peach, even Marth sometimes).

2. His learning curve for doubles is tiny. However, to use him at the top level, the curve becomes ridiculously steep. Becoming as good of a Wario as Me, Fiction, PX, etc in teams might not be a reachable goal, but you can still be extremely valuable to your partner.

3. Inside someones range, he has a plethora of options. Usually in teams, you want to use either the safest or second safest option depending on how much "free time" you really have with the opponent. If your opponent is clearly open, but his partner is right around the corner, you might have to settle for a quick aerial instead of a grab or Fsmash or more damaging option. So you hit them, then you back off UNLESS you REALLY think you can keep on the pressure and get a 2-3 hit string. THEN you would back off.

4. Best partner for Wario hands down is MK. Then is is G&W. Then, it might be either Marth, Dedede, or possibly Snake/Diddy.

5. MK in teams is a lot easier to beat than in Singles, mostly because of the fact that he becomes a LOT more punishable if he tries laggier attacks (for example if he slightly charges or uses Fsmash to zone your partner, you can go behind him and Fsmash/Fart where as in a 1 vs 1 he can get away with using those attacks at the proper range because of his range.) MK also will die early if you kill him with a surprise fart (I've almost killed M2K a few times with one of the weaker ones around 70% because he didn't see it until it was too late). MK will be a hassle if you are the one who has to face him 1 vs 1, you better hope your partner comes around sometime and puts some pressure on him so you can sneak by and hit him. Otherwise he will probably beat you.

Dedede in teams is fairly easy to beat because of some of the same problems MK has with laggier choices being more punishable, and the fact that if Dedede randomly gets tossed your way, he's usually gonna have to try and outright dodge you since you can put a beating on him and knock him back and forth a lot. Dedede also has issues where your partner puts pressure on him, he shields, and you come by and chomp him where he can't do much about it. If you are facing Dedede in teams, pick a partner that can quickly come by and save you should you get CG'd, and also one who is preferably not CG'd himself. MK fits the bill excellently since he can tornado from across the stage if need be to stop a CG, and he is not CG'd himself. He can also play ping pong with Wario using Dedede as the ball lol.

Snake is in the same boat as Dedede, but 1 vs 1 he's kinda annoying since you have less room to work with usually. If you get him offstage in a bad spot, you can count his stock gone if your partner covers one area and you cover the other. If you have MK, you can threaten to Shuttle Loop/Nair/Dair him back out or with Wario threaten to Fart, Uair, or even Chomp him and kill him. Snake might give you problems if you have G&W or Diddy or someone who might have a bit more trouble with him one on one. Marth in teams does a bit better than he does in singles vs Snake, so if you can try Marth and Wario if the other team has a Snake, if you cannot use MK of course.

6. It's wrong to use his videos because he camps funny and his name is Juan (Not legitimate reasons, but I don't care :p)

Padô

Smash Lord
This is a question.

Why don't you guys share your matchup experience on our Weekly Matchup discussion?
Everything will be considered.
GAY EXPIRIENCE ALLOWED (Do you copy Mr. DMG?)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wario and DDD is a solid team, just be careful and make sure to support him when he starts getting 2v1ed... b/c It will happen as he's a giant target.

My preferred order of partners is MK, a good Snake/Diddy, GW, another Wario. We'll see if this order changes whenever I team with Zac.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to point out that in teams Wario doesn't necessarily have to be a support character. I team with a Toon Link and he plays support and I play aggressor. I pretty much only use Wario's Dair, Upair, FSmash and wafts to build damage as quickly as possible while toon link camps hard with projectiles. He can use bombs and such to get me out of gang up situations if someone gets tired to chasing Tink.

Tink's upsmash, uptilt, and upair are excellent kill moves fresh. Once someone is in kill range I start trying to throw or bite them into any one of those moves.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
What can we do to refresh our kill moves?
Bike pummels only? Or there is something else?
I think you're best bet is to just learn to utilize all of Wario's moves so that you don't stale anything too much. Use your tilts more where appropriate. All of his moves have an application, just think about them a bit.

If you do stale Fsmash or upair, then your best bet (if I'm reading the frame data correctly) is to jab cancel the bike. Just jab, buffer a crouch, jab repeat. It's not a huge deal if you don't jab cancel, but it looks like you could get hits in faster than any other method. Plus I think the jab does the least damage of any of his ground moves, so the bike will last long enough to give you a good refresh.

Popertop

Smash Champion
if you break it at low percents, do

full hop rising Dair > falling Uair > Bite/Uair

then after, if you wanna follow up, to chase airdodge (if bite doesn't connect b/c they are not a big char)
you can Nair(2nd hit) into Fsmash (if they are near ground lvl after nair)
or you can nair if you hit them in the air
grab would probably be better than Fsmash because position

if they don't airdodge a Uair would probably hit them

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Breaking someone's shield is the last thing we want someone to do. Personally I WANT people to cower in their shield, b/c that lets me grab and bite ****. We don't really have any good shield eating moves anyway, outside of full waft, which is wasted on a shield anyway.

Also, in doubles I play hard carry. My ideal partner camps and holds stocks for me like a monster while interruping gay stuff, and they let me run rampant.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If you break a shield at low %, Clap to Clap or Clap to Dair to follow up is better. If they really are trying, they will SDI out of the first Dair. So you might as well peg them with clap and hopefully get another one off.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If you have a waft, use it. If you are near the edge and aren't fighting someone with 10k jumps and they're at mid-high percents, charge a dsmash, if they're at low percents, go for an upair combo or just charge a fsmash. Basically every time I break a shield with Wario i do a triple taunt > fsmash, b/c I usually break it with the super waft.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I don't see how Wario vs Ice Climbers is even. Isn't Wario one of the hardest characters in the game to grab? Wouldn't that put it in his favour?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I don't see how Wario vs Ice Climbers is even. Isn't Wario one of the hardest characters in the game to grab? Wouldn't that put it in his favour?
Ice Climber matchups aren't based off of "if they get a grab", that's not all they can do. Otherwise, every matchup would be in their favor.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Ice Climbers don't fight vs Wario with grabs (unless they get them, of course), but with desynchs and brickwalling. Of course on any counterpicks Wario ***** them.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Eh, who cares? They're going the way of most of the other people that don't want to have even or bad matchups against us and saying "we can do one move over and over again and win."

There are much better brickwallers than D3 out there that we go even with or beat, but apparently him brickwalling means we lose.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
question..

what da **** does Wario say when he uses his final smash?

Like, I just asked a respected Wario main and he doesn't even know

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I have no idea, to be honest.

Go into Sound Test -> Sound Effects -> Wario -> Number 9.
Sounds like he says "He-da-ho", but that wouldn't make much sense.

Top Bottom