• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Almost always Up is best answer, that or straight down.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Lol thanks for helping me out twice DMG.
I'm guessing if I shield Dair it's best to hold the shield up as well?
Dair most likely shield stabs. If you smash DI sideways Wario can follow your SDI. Don't try to shield dair unless your shield is fresh, it will go through the shield.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I like Yoshis.

The uneven ground helps against the spam somewhat and the platform is great for aircamping him.

I find most falcos are actually comfortable on Frigate and usually have a cp ready for Rainbow.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I like Yoshis.

The uneven ground helps against the spam somewhat and the platform is great for aircamping him.

I find most falcos are actually comfortable on Frigate and usually have a cp ready for Rainbow.
Well it was kind of my fault because I banned Rainbows because I wasn't comfortable there forget about final D got wrecked then he banned brinstar and I procedded to go frigate. I have another question. If wario gets spiked on the edge of frigate will he be able to travel to the other side of the stage with bike against falco ?

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Hello all, I was hoping I could get more updated information on Wario as a Wolf main.

We've discussed the MU and said what we could, but I was wondering, what are the official details on the CG Wario has on Wolf? These are pretty difficult to do, correct?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
No, they really aren't. The only hard part is finding the window when you can do any of these CGs at all, once you've found that, the timing for every character is exactly the same and it's hella easy to rack up damage with it.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
nair DOES

Bite does NOT

also dsmash beat illusion

ALSO any character can grab falco out of it although the timing is a bit difficult :\

its sooo cool to nair falco's illusion xD

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Chomp only works on Falco's Illusion efficiently if you were to bite him during the last quarter of his illusion frames. Midair, that's usually when Falco's illusion loses the ability to equalize Wario's bite.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, but that's pretty much how I've been spacing my chomps against Falco to get the full bite in. I'm not too knowledge on the exact frame data between the two attacks. lolol

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Is DACUS important to Wario's meta game?
Ive been playing Wario for a while now
and just now learned how to do it lol
I wouldn't say it's "important", but it's very useful in some situations. Some characters like Toon Link, its the second best approach you really have besides the air. You'll only want to use it when a situation calls for it though, or else it will get highly predictable and you'll most likely get punished for it.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Toon Link: it's mainly a good approach when they're backing down from most "ZAIR Shield Pokes". Whenever they space backwards after using Zair (which most Professional Toon Link users consistently try to intimidate opponents with), that is the best chance to launch a DACUS. I won't say that they can't shield it, but if you've got good timing, it's possible to sweep them up into it before they actually land. Punishing Toon Link isn't a simple task due to him being a projectile based character who has a fairly lagless set of options on his move set.

Now, another way you could put Wario's DACUS to use is to quickly slide across the stage to avoid incoming projectiles. It would be easier just to go into the air, but that's what most players would expect from a Wario. So on occasions I just use a retreating DACUS to avoid certain attacks. I don't know, I just like putting underused moves to good use. lol.

I'm not sure how beneficial that will be to others though.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
How should I play with Wario in Battlefiled ? I don't know how to play there due lack of space there.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
i use the dacus and the upsmash cancelled dash attack pretty frequently. Using these tricks a couple times per match will definitely keep your opponent guessing.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You should drop Wario for Wario. They have similar character strengths and play almost the same IMO.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
How should I play with Wario in Battlefiled ? I don't know how to play there due lack of space there.
Since this wasn't replied to;

Aerials are the main key. Since the Platforms give Wario so much air space and range, your options are almost endless to how you can air camp there.

Fastfalling through platforms with a UAIR is win. Dropzoning off a platform to an aerial is win. Short hopping and punishing people with an aerial (most preferably Uair) is great when they're on a platform or about to land on a platform. Battle actually work pretty decently for Wario, considering it's favorably difficult to KO Wario, where he can put all of his aerials to good use and kill fairly easily on the stage.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Dropping a steaming hot pancake house for a pretty boy with a sword? That doesn't sound too appealing. Second Marth if you need to, but I say you should stick with though Wario. :C

Padô

Smash Lord
You drop = you gay
You stay = you fart and win

Simple Warimathics.

But I wonder hunger1, what kind of this have you been eating hunger to main Marth instead of Wario.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
i dont really have any matchup problems =P

marth is just fun.

and whoever does a pun off my name. i hate.
Hunger, you should totally wreck Haz and Near at the upcoming tournament with Marth. They're expecting, and have been practicing, against Warios because you're supposed to go. :)

Top Bottom