• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Does the Wario CG on Falco have to be stale after a certain percent?
It only goes up to 120% if it's correctly staled. If you pummel or use any pokes or attacks in between CG attempts, it will shorten the CG.

You can start it between 53-70ish even if it's a little staled, the CG will just be shorter, as I mentioned before.

Jupz

Smash Master
I'm having trouble landing it, I think its because I'm not buffering it correctly. Any tips on when to input turn and grab?

Also, do you hold sideways the whole way through the Dthrow animation and press grab at the correct time or do you have to press turn and grab at the same time?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I usually just hold the direction I want the grab to go, and as soon as Wario's Dthrow animations end, I'll just press the Z button to grab.

If you're holding the way you want the grab as soon as it ends, I'll register as a grab in that direction, so long as you don't try to grab before the Dthrow is over. In that case, it'll register as a shield. FFFFF...

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
you dthrow and then immediately hold the opposite direction and as wario's hands are closing you release the stick and press grab

its takes practice but once you get it, its easy

read the CG thread for more info

EDIT: also darky, you HAVE to start the dthrow and turn around before the throw animation ends or else you wont get the buffered CG

you can only cg DK without buffering

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
you just said that you have to use the dthrow after the last one ends....
Then what are you talking about?

Downthrow -> Hold the direction they're going to come out at after the throw -> As soon as the animation is finished, press the grab button and it'll register as a grab in that direction.

That's what I'm saying in reference to the question. Otherwise, it's difficult to even attempt to buffer the grab since a split second wrong can either make your next grab far too late or possibly make Wario pull up a shield or grab in front of him instead.

Is that incorrect, or did I merely word myself wrong in the first post?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
More like, as soon as the animation ends. If not, it'll register as a shield half of the time. Which is why I recommended holding the control stick the way you want to grab first to save you the difficulty of that, while still buffering the next grab. lol.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Darky, if you do it as soon as the animation ends, you won't catch those like Falco/Wolf/Bowser. You need to do it during the 10 frames before the animation ends (so basically, as it's ending), otherwise it won't work.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Darky, if you do it as soon as the animation ends, you won't catch those like Falco/Wolf/Bowser. You need to do it during the 10 frames before the animation ends (so basically, as it's ending), otherwise it won't work.
Really? I haven't found much difficulty in doing it the way I have.
Well, if you say so, then I'd recommend people taking that way then.

I just do it as soon as Wario is standing back up from doing the down throw, which I'm not 100% sure about the frame data on that throw, but eh. The way you state it sounds a lot more accurate.

It's probably the same thing I'm talking about, I just didn't word it correctly. My bad. slfdkj

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He smash threw it down, which causes it to bounce like that.

Cirno

Smash Journeyman
Too good.

I bet my house in a Snake v Wario brinstar match.

I play Snake.

Should I start look for a new place to stay?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dude, if you bet the house on Snake in that matchup on Brinstar vs Wario, you should probably be smacked and then pointed towards the closest homeless shelter.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
this might all be obvious but:

bite is really good vs snake

also when he's recovering, eat his cypher
or fart on him

he's really easy to fart on, especcially while recovering

uhhh, dont fall for his pivot grabs, or else you'll eat a bair, uair, nair, or utilt
if he nairs you, you can SDI out, either up or down depending on if he's rising or not

CP brinstar or RC, ban halberd or maybe FD

Uhh I'll post more when i remember it

OH also against every snake i've played i've been able to Rising Dair>FF uair
IDK if its legit or not tho
EDIT: apparently they can SDI out of it, but uair to uair works

OH ALSO!!!!! learn to footstool snake's recovery
its over for him if you do

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
fh dair is nice because on tall characters like ddd and snake the tip of the dair clips their head. So your looking at some nice shield pressure (crossup to bite) or your gunna get a dair to up air at low percents, which is always nice.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
this might all be obvious but:

bite is really good vs snake

also when he's recovering, eat his cypher
or fart on him

he's really easy to fart on, especcially while recovering

uhhh, dont fall for his pivot grabs, or else you'll eat a bair, uair, nair, or utilt
if he nairs you, you can SDI out, either up or down depending on if he's rising or not

CP brinstar or RC, ban halberd or maybe FD

Uhh I'll post more when i remember it

OH also against every snake i've played i've been able to Rising Dair>FF uair
IDK if its legit or not tho
EDIT: apparently they can SDI out of it, but uair to uair works

OH ALSO!!!!! learn to footstool snake's recovery
its over for him if you do
footstool his recovery?

Quik17

Smash Ace
I need some tips to deal with the tornado better. At my last tourney, a tornado happy MK was giving me some problems. I won the match but I got hit by the tornado way more times than I would of liked. I know F-tilt is great and I use that a lot against it, especially for getting the kill when the MK is recovering with tornado. I tried using D-Air over the top but kept getting sucked in. Was I doing something wrong? Any other tips against tornado??

Popertop

Smash Champion
Don't try to dair the top repeatedly,
it's much better to just airdodge through it or jump or bike away from it.

I mean, dair'ing the top will work until they just move the nado slightly to the side.

If you predict the nado, Ftilt is great, but if they start it close to you, Fsmash also works.

Of course you can just shield it

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
imo, the ftilt isn't really that great of a tool to deal with the tornado, it just isn't quick enough. Mk's won't tornado at you from across the stage, they're going to get mid range and go at you with it, meaning you won't have enough time to pull the ftilt out. Dj and dair works much better to deal with it, you just need to work on spacing it probably.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
you need to dair right in the center

fsmash can go through it i think, but its tough.

I usually just tilt my sheild up and sheild the whole thing then punish if they dont space it right.

Top Bottom