• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
What are you talking about? PX and I were like, 4-3 or 5-3 in sets. :(
That's not ALWAYS.

Also, for contribution sake:

- sideB's initial hop beats bite, so make sure you space it far enough away if the Sonic is already in SC's charging state.
- Wario has absolutely nothing that can stop Sonic's iSDR abuse on YI:B and Pictochat, so just camp the top platform and wait for an opening. That's about all you can do.
- Be wary that Sonic's up angled fsmash can beat your bite.

It's an easier match up for Wario, of course. However, be prepared to be frustrated to high hell if you don't net the first KO.
Hmmm I was under the impression that PX had your number and you finally got a win over him recently. It was either the first time or the first time in a while. I don't even know what iSDR is so I'll just avoid those stages.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
What I meant, Espy, was that PX consistently beat you in sets, not games. Sorry for the confusion, buddy. <3

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
However, be prepared to be frustrated to high hell if you don't net the first KO.
I think this applies to just about everything, tbqh.

AL, iSDR is when Sonic spindashes on the slants on the ends of Yoshis and Pictochat. He is completely invincible while doing so. Same thing as DK's upB.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I think this applies to just about everything, tbqh.

AL, iSDR is when Sonic spindashes on the slants on the ends of Yoshis and Pictochat. He is completely invincible while doing so. Same thing as DK's upB.
Ah I see. Thanks for clearing it up. So why is it called iSdR?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I could have sworn that DMG was posting on the Falcon Boards that the chaingrab needed to be started around 50-60% for it to actually be guaranteed and should last well beyond 100%. The whole 0-70% controversy (as that thread states) shouldn't be legit compared to what I've seen being used in an actual match.

Guess it relies on staleness as well.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What I meant, Espy, was that PX consistently beat you in sets, not games. Sorry for the confusion, buddy. <3
When I said 4-3/5-3, I meant that PX has 4-5 set wins on me, while I have 3 on him.
Mm-hmm. <3

Ah I see. Thanks for clearing it up. So why is it called iSdR?
invincible Spin Dash Roll.

Sonics <333 acronyms. We have like, a billion.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I could have sworn that DMG was posting on the Falcon Boards that the chaingrab needed to be started around 50-60% for it to actually be guaranteed and should last well beyond 100%. The whole 0-70% controversy (as that thread states) shouldn't be legit compared to what I've seen being used in an actual match.

Na, it's from 0-70.

@espy invincible spin dash roll seems pretty redundant.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I'll take your word for it then. I've seen it done from 60-100% before, but who knows? The buffering is so strict on that chaingrab that I've rarely seen it happen. Never seen it used in a tournament match either.

So... about Brinstar; was that bike super jump known already or not?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I'll take your word for it then. I've seen it done from 60-100% before, but who knows? The buffering is so strict on that chaingrab that I've rarely seen it happen. Never seen it used in a tournament match either.

He shouldn't be able to do it past 70 the falcon must literally not be doing anything or he's trying to do an attack in between. A lot of times people fall for stuff because they assume it's going to work for them. Kinda like how a Marth will go DB1 to grab.

I'm not sure what stages you can do the bike glitch on or why but I've seen it done on SV and Ps1.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
@espy invincible spin dash roll seems pretty redundant.
What's redundant about it?

Unless you mean the "roll" portion in comparison to the "spin dash" portion.

Because if that's the case, then let me explain:

- SideB = Spin Dash. The Name of the actual move is Spin Dash. The movement itself is just the spin dash in motion, so we use "roll" to differentiate the "Spin Dash" to the "Spin Dash Roll".
- DownB = Spin Charge. Different move, different name. It falls into the same motion post SD, so it eventually becomes a SDR (Spin Dash Roll).

You can't call a SDR a SD, because then that would mean the SC becomes a SD, even though they are both two different moves with different properties. So calling a SC a SD would be semantically incorrect.

The SD and the SC both transform into the SDR at a certain point during the motion, including having the same stale counter.

There's other variants: iSDR, ASC, ASCSC, SCROD, SDSC, SDJ, VSDJ, Spinshot, etc, etc.

So yeah, if it's the "spin dash" and "roll" portions that seem redundant, it's because we separated the actions because of the conflict between the Spin Charge and the Spin Dash during certain portions of the moves. Doing this made it easier to identify the attributes of each of the three original moves.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
What's redundant about it?

Unless you mean the "roll" portion in comparison to the "spin dash" portion.

Because if that's the case, then let me explain:

- SideB = Spin Dash. The Name of the actual move is Spin Dash. The movement itself is just the spin dash in motion, so we use "roll" to differentiate the "Spin Dash" to the "Spin Dash Roll".
- DownB = Spin Charge. Different move, different name. It falls into the same motion post SD, so it eventually becomes a SDR (Spin Dash Roll).

You can't call a SDR a SD, because then that would mean the SC becomes a SD, even though they are both two different moves with different properties. So calling a SC a SD would be semantically incorrect.

The SD and the SC both transform into the SDR at a certain point during the motion, including having the same stale counter.

There's other variants: iSDR, ASC, ASCSC, SCROD, SDSC, SDJ, VSDJ, Spinshot, etc, etc.

So yeah, if it's the "spin dash" and "roll" portions that seem redundant, it's because we separated the actions because of the conflict between the Spin Charge and the Spin Dash during certain portions of the moves. Doing this made it easier to identify the attributes of each of the three original moves.
I can't even keep up with your post. It just seemed the spin dash roll seemed redundant. Those acronyms =/. AS = Aerial Spin? then you have Aerial Spin Cancel??? what is ASCSC?? SCROD ??? SDSC = spin dish spin chargE??/? I think I can start to understand my disdain for sonic.

yes.

if you start at EXACTLY 20% (i think) you can get him to 70%

and i guess now im hearing if you start at 60 you take him too 100? haha

someone has to re test this!

i vote komodo joe since he doesnt have anything better to do
He'll be out of range if you start at 60 you may be able to get one or 20.

IRC it's not the CG that's messing it it's you. I've been able to CG falcon 0-70.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

Staleness affects it indeed. What I know is this:

Slopes going upwards from where Wario is positioned tend to make the CG last longer.

You can CG Falcon from like 24%ish to 70%ish on a flat stage, or from 50 something to around 85-90 IIRC. I don't remember everything specifically, I remember the YI stuff but not much else.

I've done it in tournament to one of the Texas Falcons, was awhile back but I did it a few times on YI and 1 other stage. It's awkward because of his weight, it's not easy like the DK or Falco ones. He and Ganon both feel weird to me.

If you start at 0 it drops around 30 iirc.
Idr, Im pretty sure you can start it and end it at different times cause of the staleness. It's weird

Bad!

Smash Cadet
hi guys need pro wario help. what is better to use grab or bite? also how do i fight olimar? when i get close i get f smashed or up smashed D: help plz

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
AL, in a nutshell, it's not redundant because the roll itself, along with the special moves which initiate the rolls, are two separate entities, and are defined separately because of this.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
hi guys need pro wario help. what is better to use grab or bite? also how do i fight olimar? when i get close i get f smashed or up smashed D: help plz
Bite at lower percents against certain characters, it can lead into a grab. At higher percents I would just grab. It's all very situational though.

Check this thread out = http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284022

Okay the Oli matchup is really hard to explain over the interwebz but, I'll try.

xxxxx|xxxxxx
xxxxx|xxxxxx
xx----O----xxx

Picture Oli as the O, if you are fighting a very good olimar he will rarley leave the ground unless he is trying to combo you. The line coming off Oli are where his pikman travel when he does smash attacks. I assume your question was more like how do I approach Olimar since I assume he is playing very campy. Unless he is throwing pikman at you up close (which he shouldn't) try to stay around the x's (which is easier said than done of course.) Watch out for the pivot grab if you do miss an attack your best bet in this match up is to stay airborne and when you do approach to stay out of the area's he can hit.

Olimar is easy once you get him off the stage or even up in the air. His whistle is annoying, some practice and this mu is easy.

*used to main Olimar*

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Staleness affects it indeed. What I know is this:

Slopes going upwards from where Wario is positioned tend to make the CG last longer.

You can CG Falcon from like 24%ish to 70%ish on a flat stage, or from 50 something to around 85-90 IIRC. I don't remember everything specifically, I remember the YI stuff but not much else.

I've done it in tournament to one of the Texas Falcons, was awhile back but I did it a few times on YI and 1 other stage. It's awkward because of his weight, it's not easy like the DK or Falco ones. He and Ganon both feel weird to me.

Idr, Im pretty sure you can start it and end it at different times cause of the staleness. It's weird
This is simply not true DMG. I hate to tell you this. If you can CG from 25-70 then why would you suddenly be able to CG from 50-90. Wouldn't you be able to change from 25-90? Since you can't CG from 25-90 I'm going to conclude that your claim of 50-90 percent is false. I've also been able to CG from 0-90. Staleness of the CG only factors in Falco. Once again just because you do it one someone doesn't make it legit. People fall for moves that don't have frame advantage all the time. The CG is from 0-70 if I haven't done the CG that long I'd be inclined to agree with you. Because I can't do the CG past 70 I'll disagree with the notion that 50-90 is a legit CG I'm going to say that you're opponent failed to realize that they could no longer be CG. Which is legit because it happens to a lot of people. I'm not knocking anyone with this just saying this.

AL, in a nutshell, it's not redundant because the roll itself, along with the special moves which initiate the rolls, are two separate entities, and are defined separately because of this.
Ah, I see I don't know too much about sonic. I just know he's spins he cancels the spin and there's two different spins.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
The slopes definitely make the chaingrab easier. Falcon is one of the characters that the buffering on the chaingrab can't be over a frame or two off if you want to guarantee it, so the slopes add an extra two(?) frames before they hit the ground. That should definitely make the chaingrab more reliable. I'm not an expert on Wario's frame data though, so I can't give you an exact quote on that.

I know that you can perform the chaingrab on him at higher percents though, but you probably have to rely a bit less on buffered turn around grab and more on turn around -> small step forward -> grab.

Someone should look into this again and post a video or something.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Grab is safer than bite and does more damage if you follow up with throw but bite isn't far behind it as far as usefulness goes.

eschemat

Smash Journeyman
How to DACUS with Wiichuk

Hi,

I've been practicing my DACUS on the Wiichuk with Snake to master it. However, with Wario, I can only do a DACUS where it hits the person with the dash attack then cancels into an upsmash. Is it possible with the Wiichuk to DACUS like Gluttony and other pro Warios? If not, I guess I'll just have to buy a new GC and get reacquainted....

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Bite hitbox stays out much, much longer, bite works in the air, bite is better at chomping hitboxes bite does at least 9% damage everytime and is fairly simple to follow up.

Bad!

Smash Cadet
thanks for the help guys.another question here here. what attacks cant bite grab?

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I have an interesting question: If you were playing at an MLG, and it came down to you vs another Wario (Wario dittos), would you grab release them? Mind you there is a large crowd watching, and they boo and think grab releases are lame.

Are you a crowd pleaser, or would you rather take that little edge in order to have a better chance at winning?

My favorite thing to do is grab release under a platform to side taunt. Virtually unpunishable, and definitely a crowd pleaser.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I won't grab release unless they've had a history of doing it to me.

Mindgamey Jerk: Play a Wario in friendlies and grab release them. Then, don't grab release them in the bracket if you play them. You'll automatically be the crowd pleaser unless the other Wario claims what you've done. In that case, you can resort to friendly johns.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I have an interesting question: If you were playing at an MLG, and it came down to you vs another Wario (Wario dittos), would you grab release them? Mind you there is a large crowd watching, and they boo and think grab releases are lame.

Are you a crowd pleaser, or would you rather take that little edge in order to have a better chance at winning?

My favorite thing to do is grab release under a platform to side taunt. Virtually unpunishable, and definitely a crowd pleaser.
If loser doesn't make money and winner is guaranteed money and I can get a GR off I may do it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I would do it regardless

I get people to cheer me on when I play gay. No prob

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Personally, I use gamecube controller, but I have tried experimenting DACUS with the wiichuck out of curiosity. You CAN dash attack cancel to up smash if you hit someone's shield (ive seen my friend do this many times) but I have never seen (or done) the full DACUS using the wiichuck.

95% sure you can not DACUS with wario using the wiichuck.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Personally, I use gamecube controller, but I have tried experimenting DACUS with the wiichuck out of curiosity. You CAN dash attack cancel to up smash if you hit someone's shield (ive seen my friend do this many times) but I have never seen (or done) the full DACUS using the wiichuck.

95% sure you can not DACUS with wario using the wiichuck.
Scatt does DACUS with Wiichuck all the time, he even told me his setup for it.

Since i can use Wiichuck to an extent, i preferably set my smashes to the control pad, when i'm using characters that can DACUS. I can't approve of Wario's DACUS with Wiichuck, but Bdacus is a definite possibility.

Speaking by opinion, i don't think it's possible to pull off DACUS with the normal setup of Wiichuck.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
<content redacted>

I'd cheer you on broski. Playing the gay/campy style is always the fun thing to do as a Wario. I plan on doing the exact same thing with my Wario now and never approach. It pisses the opponent off and it gives me a better chance to see their mistakes through their rage. :awesome:

Last edited by a moderator:

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
Well It really depends on when you see an opening. For example Alot of the times I'll try to save the full charged waft for there fresh stock if they're in the 100s but really if you need to use it and you see an opening then use it.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman

NO matter what i never grab release.
Its just not in me to do that to my own character. I mean how can you get mad at other characters GR you then do it yourself?

F U DMG :mad:

Top Bottom