• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
All of my diamonds are secure in an offshore account
SHHH!!! Snap.. Why must you give away all the secrets?!? We use PX as our alibi and we only talk about the offshore account in real life. You don't know who is reading this stuff. Could be some trolling Europeans. Could be some super sexy guy in a purple shirt from NJ.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
SHHH!!! Snap.. Why must you give away all the secrets?!? We use PX as our alibi and we only talk about the offshore account in real life. You don't know who is reading this stuff. Could be some trolling Europeans. Could be some super sexy guy in a purple shirt from NJ.
Could be some super-sexy guy from MD.

Asa

Smash Hero
is nair not that good in the mk matchup?

I was watching the bassem v domo set and he hardly used nair

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
I was playing around with it at my last tourny. I only find it good when i nair away from mk, so hit them with the first part of it and then get away from them. if they are at lower percents you can get him with both parts of nair into a grab but the mk i was playing wasn't too good so idk if that will work against other players.

Padô

Smash Lord
Could be some super-sexy guy from MD.
You can't use super-sexy without mentioning a Brazilian in the same phrase, but honestly, ALL those 18 carat Diamonds are with me, you should all travel down here and take advantage of this. Everything is sooooo cheap down here so we can buy anthing we want, this includes new Wario outfits. Would be pretty ****. (hoping someone trust this so I can meet you guys :( )

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
You can't use super-sexy without mentioning a Brazilian in the same phrase, but honestly, ALL those 18 carat Diamonds are with me, you should all travel down here and take advantage of this. Everything is sooooo cheap down here so we can buy anthing we want, this includes new Wario outfits. Would be pretty ****. (hoping someone trust this so I can meet you guys :( )
I swear to god, Pado, if you come up for Pound5, I will give you my 24 carat gold and some super special awesome diamonds.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Why are these boards so dead
their more interested in chatting about random bull**** than advancing their character

fiction was like the only one, and he just trolls now

malcolm doesnt post, and is inconsistent // forfeits to DA members, so when people see him place like 17th its not because hes bad

i rarely see slikvik post, but he at least has some of the drive to get better i think.

a lot of the other top warios secondary the character, and those players dont waste their time in character boards, because there are a lot of scrubs who just try to tell them their wrong about something they have put a lot of time in and its not worth the frustration.

so at some point its a combination of the lack of motivation to help worse players from the top players and the overall ignorance of the brawl community

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
their more interested in chatting about random bull**** than advancing their character

fiction was like the only one, and he just trolls now

malcolm doesnt post, and is inconsistent // forfeits to DA members, so when people see him place like 17th its not because hes bad

i rarely see slikvik post, but he at least has some of the drive to get better i think.

a lot of the other top warios secondary the character, and those players dont waste their time in character boards, because there are a lot of scrubs who just try to tell them their wrong about something they have put a lot of time in and its not worth the frustration.

so at some point its a combination of the lack of motivation to help worse players from the top players and the overall ignorance of the brawl community
I agree with this post, A LOT...

unfortunately...

Plus a lot of people either post general strategies that only work in the short term, or something along the lines of "dont get hit"

I'd much rather give someone critiques and tips over AIM and Skype than post here.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Well I feel like Wario is a really really good character and people don't really try to find tricks and stuff with him. Hunger is apparently the best Wario in US and I've never ever seen him post
Glutonny doesn't post here either

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Well I feel like Wario is a really really good character and people don't really try to find tricks and stuff with him. Hunger is apparently the best Wario in US and I've never ever seen him post

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
ihate10char

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
@orion: people have been saying, and i agree, that there isnt much left to wario. Its just about being a smart player at this point.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Well, we are re-evaluating certain MU's pretty soon arent we? I remember lord chair saying he would make a thread. The Q and A thread is here for a reason though. If you want to know about anything just ask away and I'll do my best to give a well thought out, intelligent response.

is nair not that good in the mk matchup?

I was watching the bassem v domo set and he hardly used nair
Sorry that I havent replied to this until now. I find that the best uses for nair against mk are.....

at low% combos such as nair> grab or nair > f-smash depending on his %.

At mid% OOS nairs to get him out of your face depending on what move he uses on your shield.

Super high % If you use it and hit him with initial hit, then you can kill him...although I dont personally recommend this since most mks wont let you get this close.

But to answer your question, nair is one of the harder moves to utilize against mk since wario's hurtbox is also the hitbox for the move and mk will not let you get that close due to him having a pointy sword and all.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
I'm having trouble on the diddy match up when im not on BF, Brinstar, or RC. Could anyone give some tips?

bassem6

Smash Lord
I'm having trouble on the diddy match up when im not on BF, Brinstar, or RC. Could anyone give some tips?
1)Take him to stages where there will be platforms such that when he pulls out his bananas they land on the platforms instead of right behind him where he can immediately use them.

2)Whenever you shield a banana it will always pop up into the air after hitting your shield and then you can jump up and airdodge to catch it and use it against diddy.

3) Nair OOS and in general is quite useful in this matchup. You can use it for comboing into grabs and f-smash and gimping diddy when hes charging his rocket barrels.

4) If he doesnt have bananas near him play really aggressive because wario will beat diddy close up if he doesnt have his bananas

5) Whenever you think diddy will side-b, sh fair him before he has time to do the monkey kick.

6) DONT EVER challenge the monkey kick. It has stupid priority and will beat out nearly all of warios moves. The best way to handle it is to fair him before the hitbox for the monkey kick comes out or to space yourself so that he lands right in front of you and then punish his lag.

7) This is a really handy thing Ive been experimenting with against Diddys. Pull out your bike and just sit behind it. The diddy then wont be able to hit you by throwing bananas at the ground level if you do this. He will more often than not break your bike, giving you some projectiles of your own to use against him (tires) or he may try to jump and throw the bananas at you. If he does that then pick them up and use them against him. If he doesnt approach then you dont approach either and thats free fart charge time for you.

8) Dont be afraid to try and gimp him off stage but at the same time dont be too reckless with your gimp because if he side-B's you and jumps off your head, it can screw you over big time. I like to fart whenever they side B at me off stage.

BMX

Smash Lord
Also, what I learned from fighting diddys was that catching bananas with an Grab input in the air( an airdodge, pretty much) grabs the banana before diddy even gets it. Basically, whenever the chance arises, CONTROL THE BANANA!

Fighting ninjalink, Player 1 and gdx was a *****. >_>

inb4namesearch

Orion*

Smash Researcher

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
gluttony is like a 13 year old french kid, i doubt he wold post. hunger needs to post though
@orion: people have been saying, and i agree, that there isnt much left to wario. Its just about being a smart player at this point.
lmao, in terms of how easy he is to pick up, imo for the most part i agree, however dont tell that this board is avidly trying to improve their metagame either LMAO
If a relevant MU thread is started, I'll make a wall of text on that MU.
yeah chairs pretty homo at that ****

edit: at the person saying why cant we be social, DO YOU SEE A MAJORITY OF MY POSTS. lmao i am a very social poster, however relevant discussion is very rarely if ever made on these boards, and the few times someone posts something new its like

A. random tire combo that nobody will ever get in tournament
B. insert something fiction found out in 2008
C. a "new playstyle" based around airdodging and spaced dairs

bassem6

Smash Lord
We moved past both IC's and Marth. >.>

@Bassem thanks for the advice I'll try to use it the next tourny/smashfest I go to.
np let me know how it works out for you.

Im thinking of making a MU thread with my opinions on all the important MU's. Does something like that sound appealing to everyone?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
np let me know how it works out for you.

Im thinking of making a MU thread with my opinions on all the important MU's. Does something like that sound appealing to everyone?
It would be however, you only play one style of Wario. So unless you get krytedez Blue Rgoue, Masky, and or DMG. Since they all play different styles so that people can better understand and know all of their opinions.

Jane

Smash Hero
bassem should set the example and then hopefully the other top warios will follow. but bassem should "set the standard" if you will

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
bassem should set the example and then hopefully the other top warios will follow. but bassem should "set the standard" if you will
Yeah that's true. I don't think other Wario's wouldn't not give their opinions. I just would like to gather all of their opinions and see what all of them have to say that way we can get the ideas from each perspective. For each Wario who's inspiring to improve it's good to see that. IMO there's no right or wrong way to play Wario. He has multiple ways in which he can be played and if we're going to talk his MU's we should discuss each of these ways. For instance what does tires bring to Wario in the mK match up. I'd love to hear krystedez opinion. I'd like to hear from DMG what it takes to camp MK's. Or from Bassem how to apply pressure on MK and be aggresive. It doesn't have to be just those three I'd also like to hear Malcolm, Slikvik, Blue rogue, Masky, Hunger, Fiction etc etc etc.

Top Bottom