• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

RATED

Smash Lord
What's the proper way to deal with an egg-camping Yoshi?

Can't ever get exp. against him and have one in my region.
easily, get a % lead, start evading the sucky eggs and he sooner or later has to approach. I didnt know that such a characcter as wario could have problems against those eggs :confused:

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
easily, get a % lead, start evading the sucky eggs and he sooner or later has to approach. I didnt know that such a characcter as wario could have problems against those eggs :confused:
Well I don't automatically start with a percent lead.

I always seem to get hit by an egg eventually. I'm not the best at avoiding projectiles. Isn't there a way to weave inside without getting punished?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
There's your problem right there.
Well I'm not exactly sure how I'd avoid Yoshi's eggs. With little exp. against him the closest thing I can compare against them would be Falco's lasers, which I get hit by a lot.

I can avoid other stuff like nades and turnips, but I don't think avoiding eggs would be as easy, as they're huge compared to the other hitboxes.

I hoped I'd actually get some help here, but I guess I'll go back to watching videos instead.

Asa

Smash Hero
Well I'm not exactly sure how I'd avoid Yoshi's eggs. With little exp. against him the closest thing I can compare against them would be Falco's lasers, which I get hit by a lot.

I can avoid other stuff like nades and turnips, but I don't think avoiding eggs would be as easy, as they're huge compared to the other hitboxes.

I hoped I'd actually get some help here, but I guess I'll go back to watching videos instead.
There really isn't much to say other than avoid them

Work on perfect shielding the eggs

Save your double jump to get around the eggs easily

And try to keep yourself midrange cuz yoshi's won't use egg toss that much as it can be punished hard

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
There really isn't much to say other than avoid them

Work on perfect shielding the eggs

Save your double jump to get around the eggs easily

And try to keep yourself midrange cuz yoshi's won't use egg toss that much as it can be punished hard
Thank you. I'll look into that.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Controller Preferences

Hey there!

I am fully interested in becoming a Wario main and I was just wonder if there is any custom control setting for Wario. Just one that I can get the full potential out of him. (this means having an easier dacus, grab game etc.)

Feel free to PM me if you have any tips or any info that would be very helpful for me.

Thanks!

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Airdodging right as the egg comes near you will dodge the eggsplosion. Basically press dodge when the (insert projectile) comes near you, and you'll dodge it. Wario's airdodge is really good, so you have a pretty big window of time to dodge. For example, you can dodge 2 lasers with one airdodge if you do it right.

Some projectiles, like pikachu's thunder jolts, mario bros fireballs, and peach's turnips (watch for special turnips) can be beaten with aerial attacks. It's a lot more fun to just beat a projectile with an attack melee style haha, but a lot riskier because it's easier to mess up :p

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I have no special controls, for a few simple reasons.

1. Wario has no special needs for any special controls.
2. Having to go to the control adjust screen every time is reeeally freakin annoying, especially since you don't need special controls.
3. Having tap jump on is helpful sometimes. For example, if you have an itch on your nose or something, you can still jump around with tap jump, and airdodge with L. Viola! You are safe from attacks and your nose does not itch anymore!

Really it's just personal preference if anything :)

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Nair will either combo Olimar to hell and back at lower percentages, or will generally put him in a very awkward position at higher percentages. His physics just totally fit the move, you know the way you CAN'T nair > grab Falco when he's at 0%? Well, against Olimar you can do that and more. Nair > nair > fsmash, nair > nair > fair > ledge- or edgeguard, nair > jab > grab, ENDLESS AND ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES depending on percentages, you can really knock yourself out on that one.

Aside of how badly his mechanics (his light weight and general floatiness) are, the move is rather safe in general. On shield, it's obviously extremely safe, the first hitbox beats most (not all) of his pikmin moves, if you keep timing it well you can give Olimar a hard time beating it through conventional means.

At higher percentages, its awkward knockback angle can screw him up as well.

Its speed makes it preferable over dair in close combat situations, you definitely can't use it as a long range approach (lol nothing works as a long range approach against Olimar), but its normal uses (decently safe, comboability, speed) are amplified in this MU because of the way Olimar works.

Do know that if Olimar is in the air, you should never fear him. Most of you probably already know this, but for the few who still actually play really safe when he's up there: don't. Every aerial you hit while he's in the air puts him in an even more awkward position, your air game beats his because of the STUPID aspect of his air game that's called priority. All of his aerials can be outprioritized. Of course we don't outrange him, but so long as you time everything well (it's a perfectly human thing to do) you'll beat him regardless. Your fair will beat his, your dair will beat his uair, your uair beats his dair, SO LONG AS YOU TIME IT WELL.

Know when you have to commit to using uair to remove pikmin. When they're on certain parts of your body, you CAN'T KILL THEM WITH NAIR OR DAIR DON'T EVEN BOTHER, I'd note exact spots but I usually do it instinctively lol sorry ^^. I hate it when I see Wario players using nair like 5 times to knock off 2 white pikmin, which'll do their 500000% anyway. I know it's a ***** to have uair go stale, but it's better than taking unnecessary damage.

Tires are not really good against Olimar, watch Krys' vids against Hilt (I believe it was Hilt), Pikmin are way more expendable and practically beat them out.

Standing on a platform is never safe, usmash usmash usmash usmash and there's nothing you can do. You can, in fact, even just get pushed off and the greedy ******* can go for another safe usmash.

You can go for dropzone fairs, they're safe so long as you recover by biking AWAY from the stage, and then DJing back to either the ledge or onstage itself (whichever one seems more safe). Watch out for dem purple pikmin though, they'll knock you off your bike :(

Bike works decently as a ledgeguard, but as I said earlier: the tires are rubbish. More often than not, you're wasting time pulling out your bike.

That's all for now, more later perhaps.
Although I don't agree with all of it due to my own experience in the MU, this post helped me win yesterday. Good post. One of the few reasons I haven't given up completely on the wario boards

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Q&A Thread.

but i use tapjump off and X for grab..

I mess around with rumble on and off. Im not bothered by either.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Although I don't agree with all of it due to my own experience in the MU, this post helped me win yesterday. Good post. One of the few reasons I haven't given up completely on the wario boards
Well I'm glad you haven't given up on these boards. We need more players like you posting so that it doesn't turn into a flame pile of ****. his post was pretty good I was def using the nair stuff against a oli i played the other day.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Well I'm glad you haven't given up on these boards. We need more players like you posting so that it doesn't turn into a flame pile of ****. his post was pretty good I was def using the nair stuff against a oli i played the other day.
I beat ps_logic at ktar. haven't beaten him in a while

edit: Actually, in the past two weeks I've beaten Meep,Chudat,PS,Kingtoon, plus others. Am I still B(bad) tier lol?

SnackAttack

Smash Champion

edit: Actually, in the past two weeks I've beaten Meep,Chudat,PS,Kingtoon, plus others. Am I still B(bad) tier lol?

No. With your recent performance, we're now moving you up to A (Awesome) tier indefinitely.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno

That logic guy has some tricks. I played him once in friendlies and i was pretty amazed. never have i seen oli do that kinda stuff.

Props for beating him. :bigthumbu

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Get back in the kitchen.

Do you mean the Wipeout?

If that's the case, then you need to flick the control stick diagonally in the opposite way that you're traveling on the bike.

At least, I think.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Get back in the kitchen.

Do you mean the Wipeout?

If that's the case, then you need to flick the control stick diagonally in the opposite way that you're traveling on the bike.

At least, I think.
Many people around the wario boards have been talking about this method but i for one am going to take a stand and say that IT DOESNT WORK (for me)

If you want to get off the bike quickly just hit side B dont hold forward so you go faster then just mash A or Jump.

Best way of crashing your bike: Crash it against the ledge so it hits the edge and lands on the stage

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Isn't it awesome farting mk out of nado? :3
Sure if you miss you just wasted a fart but landing it really suprises your opponent and can make them a bit more careful with nado lol :)

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Jumping out of the bike is a lot safer then dropping from the bike b/c sometimes it just WON'T work, that's it.
This. ALSO: If you hit their shield with bike DO NOT jump immediately after hitting their shield. Ride a little and jump off out of their OOS options.

Most warios know this but I just feel like this has to go with what we are talking about.

Don't ever get punished for what u dont need to get punished for.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I believe I saw a vid of Krystedez doing that correctly, not sure if that was the reason for wheelying at the time, though.

Top Bottom