• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

CO18

Smash Hero
mk18 got 25th masky got 49th but they had to play each other so if not he couldve gotten higher, masky beat him in the ditto then lost to his ddd and mk then mk18 took out ksizzle with wario

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
I'm getting frustrated. I can't dacus worth a **** with wario. Any tips I know I need to master this to be a successful wario player.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I'm getting frustrated. I can't dacus worth a **** with wario. Any tips I know I need to master this to be a successful wario player.
I usually play with the Claw Style, so I don't have much trouble with the DACUS.

-Right index finger curled up over the 'A' button.
-Right thumb on the C-Stick.

If you use the 'A' button, it registers DACUS' much easier than 'Z' (or your grab button).

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
DACUS is pretty garbage, so don't worry too much if you can't do it. I think I use it as a mixup at most once a round, lol.
Is it a necessity as a wario to be successful? Or can I be successful without it. I'm not an aggressive wario anymore anyways I'm learning the ways of DMG and starting to build campfires.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yeah, it isn't a necessity for a Wario player to have, but it's still nice to know how to do it. I've used it a couple of times for following up at low percents, but overall, it's not really that useful.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
It's good for gaining/closing distances between you and your opponent, mainly as a followup to low knockback attacks like chomp and dair (after many uses lol)

It isn't too hard for me, I usually do c-stick down while dashing, and then immediately UP+Z.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Masky, you dunno me... But good **** at MLG. (Oh yeah, good job MK18 too. I only remembered Masky from the pic, lol)

Malcolm needs to level up.

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
im def getting better with wario....i went to my first tourney and actually beat some kids before losing to number one in my state who using snake.. then i got destroyed in loser bracket by a tornado spamming mk it sucked bad.... that mk matchup is harder for me than falco and marth. i played a few falco friendlies and won the majority of them.

CO18

Smash Hero
i wish i was there to see the anguish when this occurred
lol yea i told him to switch hes my training partner so I know his mk/ddd was good, I knew he wouldnt win the ditto cuz masky is willing to play alot gayer than he is
Mk18s pretty aggro but when hes playing well hes really good(evident of him beating ksizzle), usually he just doesnt play well though, hes good in friendlies though..lol

Variable

Smash Ace
Quick Question...

I was playing a friendlies 2v2 on Wifi today, and when I chose Wario I went to Classic wario but it was team battle so I must he red. That was fine, and during the practice stage before the match I was red classic wario. However when the match started Wario Road in on his bike but he was red biker wario and not classic. When I chose classic red wario... This kinda sucks because we all know classic is stronger, but Idk it was bugging out... Has anyone else had this problem playing 2v2?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Never heard of anything like that in my life. It was probably just whack for a moment, or maybe it's cause it's wifi. </3 Wifi

Variable

Smash Ace
Never heard of anything like that in my life. It was probably just whack for a moment, or maybe it's cause it's wifi. </3 Wifi
-_- Wifi....

I'm sure it was just being lagging for me or something, because if it were like that all the time, I'm sure someone would have brought up by now. Oh well, Wifi has yet again another disadvantage, No surprise there.. Although, I'm not one of the "I hate wifi, and all it's features" type of person, like a lot of people are, I enjoy wifi (when it's not laggy of course) but it kinda sucks when I can't pick the correct character...

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
yo phantom what do you honestly think the G&W vs Wario match up is. i do really well in this matchup depending on the map but most G&W's think its in their favor.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
MalcolmM lost to Chaz.
He beat NEO.
My mistake, then.

But Masky placed even higher starting off in the loser's bracket. Not sure what would've happened if he beat Candy...

Edit: Actually looked over the bracket again. And yeah, he had a tougher bracket. Curse you, online seeding!

Top Bottom