• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
peach doesnt seems to cover any matchup that wario has trouble in... in fact she seems to get ***** by the same characters but harder lol

oli is good vs D3 though

Excellence

Smash Champion
Snake or Olimar are the only real good options for Wario as a secondary. I recommend Snake since he can contend with Snake. I'd use Olimar if you want to completely change up the playstyle on your opponent and throw off their game. You can use Olimar to pray on those who are bad at approaching. Still, Snake does this better so you'll probably want to use him in all situations instead.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
Snake or Olimar are the only real good options for Wario as a secondary. I recommend Snake since he can contend with Snake. I'd use Olimar if you want to completely change up the playstyle on your opponent and throw off their game. You can use Olimar to pray on those who are bad at approaching. Still, Snake does this better so you'll probably want to use him in all situations instead.
expain how they are the ONLY 2 good secondaries? that makes no sense lol

especially since olimar doesnt cover nearly as many matchups as ICs or falco.

and snake is still not good vs D3.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

I don't think he'll be able to explain it. Your list was good though. However, in the end it depends on the player and what their comfortable with. I mean I use Zelda as a back up.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I used to use Snake as a secondary but people starting ****** me as Snake and seem to know the Snake matchup generally betetr than the Wario matchup so I pretty much went all Wario.

Tho I'm starting to use MK for random low tiers I don't know the matchup in.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
wario doesnt really need a secondary.

If you spend 1/2 the time focusing with wario on the 3 hated matchups rather than learning the new character enough to beat those characters you would profit.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
What about Kirby for secondary? Covers D3, Falco, and MK a little
LOL maybe back in 2008?

If you spend 1/2 the time focusing with wario on the 3 hated matchups rather than learning the new character enough to beat those characters you would profit.
This. Wario's worst matchup is like 4:6 and it's MK so GL finding a character that does better than that. I know there are characters that do better but you'd really be better off just getting really good with one character, rather than trying to juggle secondaries for every match up.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

Why would anyone want to put the time and work and effort in to the game? I mean it's supposed to just come easy.... /sarcasm

Excellence

Smash Champion

Because a small disadvantage is not reason enough to switch characters for what is probably going to be at best even. Whenever the match-up isn't 35-65 or worse, you shouldn't switch characters because chances are that you know that match-up better as your main anyway. The match-ups that you're going to want to really consider switching on are Meta Knight, Dedede on certain stages, Falco on certain stages, and that should be it. Other than that, you should be able to manage with whatever the match-up is. Olimar does decent against Meta Knight and crushes Dedede on the stages that they would usually defeat Wario. Meta Knight versus Snake is pretty much 55-45 in your disadvantage and the stages that Meta Knight will take Wario too are stages that Snake should be able to work best with. Dedede Snake also has a hard time on but again, the stages that Dedede will pick should give Snake enough of an edge to keep you going. I only named those two because counterpicks, in my opinion, are moreso to counter the player than the match-up.

jamesfoote

Smash Rookie
Okay, I'm new to Wario, I'm not too good with him yet. What should I be working on? Can you explain to me the pros and cons of Wario?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Uhhh... most notable.

Pros:
-Awesome spacing potential.
-Amazing camping abilities.
-Decent knockback resistance.

Cons:
-Grab release disadvantage.
-Arguably short range {not really a problem due to aerial spacing}.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Well tbh im trying to stay a true wario main but i really do hate certain matchups so i dont even bother with them because of how annoying they are. Its always good to have pocket characters for certain matchps. Just look at Atmosk and his pocket characters lol. Its so hard to pick a character based on the stage he picks because he can just use a character that ***** ours on any stage D:

Anyway i second

Snake: Only for peach. I recently have been having trouble beating her and she is annoying as ell so i picked up snake for her. Matchup became ALOT easier since snake ***** peach.

Mk: Only for DDD. And goods ones at that. I can take normal ddd's. But good ones...........forget it!

DDD: I use him for warios random low tier matchups. Like CF and on occasion...........wario. Also if a marth cps fd i will go ddd as well.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol no it's not even. No one credible argues that for Wario anymore; even back in the Fiction beating M2K days no one really said it was even.

It's a bad set overall, the first game is fine, the second game wasn't really even a game. It was over by the end of the first stock.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Wario can only get a few hits in before mk can just knock him away. The only thing wario has going for him is that poke damage he gets in.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
Because a small disadvantage is not reason enough to switch characters for what is probably going to be at best even. Whenever the match-up isn't 35-65 or worse, you shouldn't switch characters because chances are that you know that match-up better as your main anyway. The match-ups that you're going to want to really consider switching on are Meta Knight, Dedede on certain stages, Falco on certain stages, and that should be it. Other than that, you should be able to manage with whatever the match-up is. Olimar does decent against Meta Knight and crushes Dedede on the stages that they would usually defeat Wario. Meta Knight versus Snake is pretty much 55-45 in your disadvantage and the stages that Meta Knight will take Wario too are stages that Snake should be able to work best with. Dedede Snake also has a hard time on but again, the stages that Dedede will pick should give Snake enough of an edge to keep you going. I only named those two because counterpicks, in my opinion, are moreso to counter the player than the match-up.
Uhhh first of all, where do you think MK will be taking wario? lol
Wario does fine vs MK on all neutrals and CPs

second, olimar is no better vs MK than wario is. Brood beats M2K one time and al of the sudden people are like "OMFG, pikmen 2 gud"

if you ban FD vs D3 then you should be alright, but if you still cant handle the matchup then there are more characters than just olimar that **** D3
ICs, Pika, falco, MK? the first two also **** falco as well, while olimar doesnt do too well vs falco.

so saying that oli and snake are warios only good secondaries is a ******** thing to say.

oh i forgot about snake, snake doesnt have an advantage vs MK on ANY stage

i hate the wario boards....

EDIT: also if you second olimar, have fun fighting peach (namely praxis) LMAO

Excellence

Smash Champion
Uhhh first of all, where do you think MK will be taking wario? lol
Wario does fine vs MK on all neutrals and CPs

second, olimar is no better vs MK than wario is. Brood beats M2K one time and al of the sudden people are like "OMFG, pikmen 2 gud"

if you ban FD vs D3 then you should be alright, but if you still cant handle the matchup then there are more characters than just olimar that **** D3
ICs, Pika, falco, MK? the first two also **** falco as well, while olimar doesnt do too well vs falco.

so saying that oli and snake are warios only good secondaries is a ******** thing to say.

oh i forgot about snake, snake doesnt have an advantage vs MK on ANY stage

i hate the wario boards....

EDIT: also if you second olimar, have fun fighting peach (namely praxis) LMAO
Wario does NOT do fine against Meta Knight or all CPs and all neutrals. Check out the matches of our better Wario's playing against Meta Knight, particularly Dojo vs DMG. DMG has great spacing, he knows how to poke, and he knows when to get away from Meta Knight and the match-up went very poorly from him. So no, again, Wario DOES NOT DO OKAY against Meta Knight.

No, you're wrong again. Go learn how to be Olimar because Olimar is one of those characters that makes your opponent's options against you just as clear as yours are against theres. It becomes a very "If A then B" match-up because Olimar is just that type of character. Brood didn't just beat M2K because M2K was caught of guard or he got lucky. He beat Meta Knight, the best character in the game, the character with the speed, range, priority, and best gimping ability in the game with Olimar - a character who is easily gimped and taken advantage of by speed and great air game. He won for a reason and it's because Olimar does better against Meta Knight than Wario does.

What's your point in even mentioning the other characters? Olimar trashed Dedede unquestionably to the point where Dedede has to change character or pick a ridiculous stage for Olimar. Olimar can handle Falco and as Wario you shouldn't even be switching unless you get taken to Final Destination by a really campy Falco. It's not even like Wario will keep that stage around if he can ban it anyway.

You arguing against me is ********. I'm not saying Olimar and Snake are Wario's only secondaries. They're his best secondaries and for good reason. Wtf? Who said Snake has advantage against Meta Knight. I said it was 45-55 which is obviously better than 35-65. Get your **** straight.

Let me tell you something about playstyle that EVERY player has. People, like the characters they play, have their strong points, weak points, and stronger points. You don't simply second a character because they have an advantage in a match-up. You do so because they compliment your playstyle or contrast your main's playstyle. Playing a character who is largely air-based like Wario then a character who is heavily grounded like Olimar is a great contrast that can let you defeat your opponent, not just their character.

I hate YOU...

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Excellence you're funny olimar can handle mk brood vs m2k proves this.
Olimar can handle falco.......wouldn't brood vs dehf disprove that? I've talked to a couple of olimars and asked them about it when I wanted to learn him for the nj my and the said the exact opposite of what you're saying.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Excellence you're funny olimar can handle mk brood vs m2k proves this.
Olimar can handle falco.......wouldn't brood vs dehf disprove that? I've talked to a couple of olimars and asked them about it when I wanted to learn him for the nj my and the said the exact opposite of what you're saying.
Yes, Brood vs M2K proves this because that's the first time Olimar has been played at such a high level. Brood lost to DEHF because DEHF was a better overall player, not because Olimar cannot handle the match-up. I don't know who you talked to but it was either ages ago, you talked to the wrong people, or you're bull****ting for the sake of trying to make a point. Olimar vs Falco is 50-50 or 55-45 depending on the stage. Olimar is at advantage.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Diddy is hella annoying... any help on this mu? (I already looked at the mu thread it didn't help too much.)

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Yes, Brood vs M2K proves this because that's the first time Olimar has been played at such a high level. Brood lost to DEHF because DEHF was a better overall player, not because Olimar cannot handle the match-up. I don't know who you talked to but it was either ages ago, you talked to the wrong people, or you're bull****ting for the sake of trying to make a point. Olimar vs Falco is 50-50 or 55-45 depending on the stage. Olimar is at advantage.
I don't see any point in lying or bull ****ting I'm not gaining anything and it was a couple a months ago when I was asking about the MK MU with oli. So you're saying DEHF >Brood. M2k loses to brood so oli can handle the match but when brood loses it's because DEHF is the better player and not because of the character ah I see.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I don't see any point in lying or bull ****ting I'm not gaining anything and it was a couple a months ago when I was asking about the MK MU with oli. So you're saying DEHF >Brood. M2k loses to brood so oli can handle the match but when brood loses it's because DEHF is the better player and not because of the character ah I see.
M2K lost because Brood is on his skill level and Olimar does okay against Meta Knight. Falco vs Olimar is pretty even and on the stage they picked (Battlefield) they were even. That means Brood lost because DEHF was better. Cancel out your variables and I guess you would see.

Excellence, TBTC is right.

Wario DOES do okay vs MK, it's perfectly manageable
35-65 if played right is not managable. Take into account that MK does well on every stage and can take Wario somewhere that he isn't great on and you've got hell. Personally, I don't believe there are any real good Warios besides Fiction and the Meta Knight players are not only overall better but they have a better character which may contribute to this match-up seeming a lot more hopeless than it really is.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
M2K lost because Brood is on his skill level and Olimar does okay against Meta Knight. Falco vs Olimar is pretty even and on the stage they picked (Battlefield) they were even. That means Brood lost because DEHF was better. Cancel out your variables and I guess you would see.

35-65 if played right is not managable. Take into account that MK does well on every stage and can take Wario somewhere that he isn't great on and you've got hell. Personally, I don't believe there are any real good Warios besides Fiction and the Meta Knight players are not only overall better but they have a better character which may contribute to this match-up seeming a lot more hopeless than it really is.
So you think brood is on m2k levels? i understand you wanting to give the japanese players their respect I feel the same way however, M2k is the best player in the world. One tournament does not change that fact. The only other person you can say is on m2k's level is ally and maybe ADHD . However, m2k has been a machine place no worse than top 3 in every tourney I've seen and being able to win almost every single doubles tourney.

It's not 35:65. It's 60:40 MK if played right on both ends. MK beats Wario doesn't destroy him. Also what stage can MK take wario to that is a CP ? RC? Brinstar ? Halberd? Delfino ? I fail to see what stage Wario can't perform well on. So instead of talking about random stages how about you names these "bad stages". You'll be wrong about it there.

Top Bottom