• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Excellence

Smash Champion
I actually find it quite hard to gimp a good link.
If he's good at DIing and makes sure he's holding a bomb when he's at high percent (so that he can upB twice) how do you gimp them?
Regardless of what he's doing, Link's recovery is one of the worst in the game. It has very poor vertical and horizontal movement. All you have to do is throw Link far enough horizontally and there is nothing he can do about it. Any Link is easy enough to gimp if you're good enough at it. If it's that difficult, grab release him over the ledge, drop down and waft. He has to jump or Up B because of his craptastic recovery and you'll hit his head either stage spiking him or just killing him outright.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
He did win tournaments when he was King Dedede but he certainly didn't win them all. And he was only playing King Dedede back then because people believed him to dominate Snake. Which, if you remember, was the dominating character at the time. Follow the trends. M2K picks whoever has the best chance of winning.
Lmao, im sure it has nothing to do with the fact that he actually played MK first.

then he played D3 then back to MK.

And hes not a smart player, right? He wasnt the best in the world in melee at one time either to you right? marth is just the best dern character in that game to you I assume?

A few weeks ago you were in this thread asking for advice on how to beat Toon link or luigi, or some other irrelevent character. Please take a step back and remember your place.

You are not knowledgeable, You are not a pro player, you are not even known within your region. Stop rejecting every thought from the other posters in this thread and think about someone other than yourself. If you have this big of an issue with MK, play a different game. I hear tekken's pretty balanced.

Basically, if your not going to be a part of the wario community, leave our community threads.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Lmao, im sure it has nothing to do with the fact that he actually played MK first.

And hes not a smart player, right? He wasnt the best in the world in melee at one time either to you right? marth is just the best dern character in that game to you I assume?

A few weeks ago you were in this thread asking for advice on how to beat Toon link or luigi, or some other irrelevent character. Please take a step back and remember your place.

You are not knowledgeable, You are not a pro player, you are not even known within your region. Stop rejecting every thought from the other posters in this thread and think about someone other than yourself. If you have this big of an issue with MK, play a different game. I hear tekken's pretty balanced.

Basically, if your not going to be a part of the wario community, leave our community threads.
You keep saying a bunch of things that I'm not and slapping my name next to them. This has nothing to do with Melee.

If you don't play the match-up or want to know it well, you ask questions like any smart player would.

Because I'm not a professional player doesn't mean that I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm not complaining about Meta Knight's advantages or disadvantage.

The fact that I do disagree and spark argument makes me one of the most productive members of any community because if you all agreed then you wouldn't get anywhere. Not to mention Warios aren't winning any major tournaments.

If you don't know what you're arguing or can't read and understand what I'm saying, don't reply to what I say, direct comments toward what I say or me. Good evening.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion

I love Tekken, and it is really well balanced.

****in' Bryan Fury used to **** the **** out of everyone without question. Now he's still top ten but other characters are at least at his level.

@ Excellence, it's true, just because one is not a pro player does not mean they are not knowledgeable. I will gladly agree with you on that. HOWEVER, you are making statements that are just plain incorrect and resorting to mindless name calling when people disagree with you. I don't expect you to agree with everything, but please get your facts straight and stop making idiotic posts; we already have too much of that at SWF.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Y do you make everything sound so easy?

Have you even played ally? As far as i know Atmosk is the only person who can beat ally with ddd which is y i see him usually go mk against atmosk. You make i sound like you can just pick up ddd and grab him easily and its that easy.

Snake vs DDD is pretty much even. Alot of snake and ddd mains agree.
I beat Atomsk this weekend with Snake vs his D3 3-0.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
The conversation was actually about DMG being one of the only two Warios Ally hasn't beaten with Captain Falcon. I jokingly, hence the shifty eyes, said go King Dedede and just chaingrab him. Yes, I have played Ally but it doesn't counter because it was on Aib ladder.

M2K isn't the best player. And I didn't say he was ONLY dominate because he plays Meta Knight either, although it is a large part. You're a moron and I'd like you to never reply to anything I post. Got me?
yup im a moron because i think M2K is the best player in the US

also im replying to this post, ****ing do something about it lmao
no one here likes you dude, idk why you just make yourself look worse lol

Excellence

Smash Champion
I love Tekken, and it is really well balanced.

****in' Bryan Fury used to **** the **** out of everyone without question. Now he's still top ten but other characters are at least at his level.

@ Excellence, it's true, just because one is not a pro player does not mean they are not knowledgeable. I will gladly agree with you on that. HOWEVER, you are making statements that are just plain incorrect and resorting to mindless name calling when people disagree with you. I don't expect you to agree with everything, but please get your facts straight and stop making idiotic posts; we already have too much of that at SWF.
You're not understanding what I'm saying and honestly, I can't put it in much clearer terms. I doubt you even read everything I read so to say what I'm saying is incorrect is wrong. Lord Chair agrees that most of what I said is correct so obviously someone understands. I'm not throwing names at people who disagree with me. Debating is very good and makes people more productive but I hate Toobusytocare because he is absolutely empty in anything it says. Nothing it says holds any content so it's not even possible to decide whether he's wrong or very wrong.

If a person disagrees with what I say, then they need to prove it not just say it. Give me a credible video, frame data, or match-up information. No one has done that.

yup im a moron because i think M2K is the best player in the US

also im replying to this post, ****ing do something about it lmao
no one here likes you dude, idk why you just make yourself look worse lol
You're so juvenial. "No one likes you" blah blah. You act like I care what people think. This is Q&A, a place for objective information not subjective crap that doesn't mean a thing outside of the internet.
drama on the wario boards.... this aint peach boards.
Better than Springer.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I like excellence. He reminds me of myself. Keep on trucking Excellence. I approve.
No Excellence, do not feed North Carolina anymore.

:laugh:

You're not understanding what I'm saying and honestly, I can't put it in much clearer terms. I doubt you even read everything I read so to say what I'm saying is incorrect is wrong. Lord Chair agrees that most of what I said is correct so obviously someone understands. I'm not throwing names at people who disagree with me. Debating is very good and makes people more productive but I hate Toobusytocare because he is absolutely empty in anything it says. Nothing it says holds any content so it's not even possible to decide whether he's wrong or very wrong.

If a person disagrees with what I say, then they need to prove it not just say it. Give me a credible video, frame data, or match-up information. No one has done that.
Well, you called TBTC a moron because he disagreed with you about M2K. I'm not gonna lie, I don't like the dude. However, he is right about MK-Wario and about M2K in my opinion

I didn't see all that you said, only key points. Could you please point out what both you and Chair said and shorten it to a degree so that I could get a better understanding then, please?

drama on the wario boards.... this aint peach boards.
BigD!!!!!!! What's gud ***?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
That being a pro troll?
Na, someone who is willing to go against the majority opinion with his opinion. Someone who would experience things for himself than just mindlessly go along with what others are saying. Someone who questions with boldness. Excellence is **** alright in my book.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I simply said I agreed with most of what he said based on my scans of his posts.

Frankly, if people REALLY care all that much I'd be willing to do a comparing write-up on the MK discussion, we can do that in the MK DISCUSSION THREAD and we'll all share our opinions in a CIVILIZED manner.

Off to college now, please do tell what you think of this (read: get your *** to the aforementioned thread and I'll be godlike with my lovely theorycrafting BS).

bassem6

Smash Lord
Woahhhh. Heated debate on the wario boards? lol.

Excellence, I have beaten dojo and dmg has beaten dojo before (Im pretty sure). I would say the wario mk mu is 40:60 AT WORST. I personally think its 55:45 mk. Its definitely winnable if you know what youre doing as wario and can land your wafts.

Btw, dmg recently beat lee martins mk and made him switch to lucario. And there arent many warios winning national tournies because not many warios travel to national tournies. Only malcolm and hunger OCCASIONALLY travel. Ive never even been to a national tourny myself. My first one will be MLG dallas so we shall see how that goes.

Anyways, there are numerous times throughout smash history where skilled warios have beaten just as skilled mks so its really not as difficult of an MU as youre making it out to be.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
My set with Lee doesn't count Bassem. Neither of us played it correctly.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Neither of us played near our best that set. Our sets are actually much much gayer when we play serious.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
i'm not finding them. Can you link me please.
Game 1

Game 2

Game 3

Coincidentally, I tried searching them as well and wasn't able to find them, but I had already seen the set and remembered it was on UTDZac's Youtube account. If you ever find yourself having issues locating a replay from a Dallas tournament, his page is a good place to start. Just search for the username "shadowgripper."

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Game 1

Game 2

Game 3

Coincidentally, I tried searching them as well and wasn't able to find them, but I had already seen the set and remembered it was on UTDZac's Youtube account. If you ever find yourself having issues locating a replay from a Dallas tournament, his page is a good place to start. Just search for the username "shadowgripper."
thank you kind sir.

Just finished the set =/ What happened DMG you're barely camping and you were on RC also =/. What happened to the guy who would pick the person characters and camp them with their character =/. Don't give up your camping ways.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That's the non serious set people refer to. Neither of us were playing 100%; neither of us wanted to.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You'd be surprised if I said 50% or less.

Did you see how much we crawled?

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
Well, you called TBTC a moron because he disagreed with you about M2K. I'm not gonna lie, I don't like the dude. However, he is right about MK-Wario and about M2K in my opinion
i think half the wario mains hate me and the other half love me

its w.e i don't hate anyone here, i just think a few people are really dumb lol

Asa

Smash Hero
TBTC are you going to the WA monthly on october 2nd

i'll be going to that

btw any warios planning on going to genesis 2
me and a bunch of hawaiians are going

we'll bring chocolate covered macadamia nuts for the warios that come

Top Bottom