• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario as Top Tier?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
My reasoning for that is because Bowser doesn't do all that bad against Wario even without it. Bowser and Wario is a battle of the badasses.
Super powered fart vs Spinning Shell of doom!

I don't know who you say has advantage, but I agree it's pretty close, plus Bowser can infinite us in two ways, so platforms don't ruin it for him.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Super powered fart vs Spinning Shell of doom!
So true. :p

I don't know who you say has advantage, but I agree it's pretty close, plus Bowser can infinite us in two ways, so platforms don't ruin it for him.
I think Wario has the advantage, but it's still very close. Bowser is too good...people just don't know it yet.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Bowser is too good...people just don't know it yet.
Yep, then they get WTFPWNT by a bowser XD, he IS the King of Koopas :p (now if only he wasn't such a big bonehead, he might actually get peach.... Or has he already? I mean, where the hell did he get his kids? O.o)

DemonFart

Smash Lord
lol we should stop spamming this thread before it gets locked.
these boards actually make me sad. it is now 12:24 am and i am posting right after buff who posted yesterday AT 3:39 PM (well in my timezone anyway). these boards are way dead.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Dayum! Good ****, Fiction! Let's see if he can keep it consistent. Hilarious that the two friends that practice w/ each other all the time have to play each other in GF XD

nash123

Smash Journeyman
He just won the tourny, 250 entrants, 3-0 in the finals. Not sure about the vids since i'm not even at the tourny lol, there has been a stream up all day lol.

Popertop

Smash Champion
who the **** is leepuff?

and its amazing if you get two friends in the grand finals, those are the best fights.

whoever mixes it up better wins, I love it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah, Fiction won. He played DSF in loser's Finals, camped him on Brinstar and Smashville lol.

At least people REALLY know about Wario's camping now.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
leepuff is one of the best gw's in the nation, probably top 3 id imagine
Yeah, Lee Puff is probably top 3 easily. I dunno about the Wario matchup, Fiction could have won round two if he didn't bike into him. That's something interesting to go over again sometime.

But seriously, I was surprised at how many people were just now realizing how good Wario can be when he camps. That, and people were surprised he used IC's lol. But I wasn't :0

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol camping makes like every character in Brawl better. It's not going to make Wario top tier because you have to get that first step of getting ahead and forcing the approach. It implies that you're better than your opponent in the first place to get yourself into that advantageous position so that you can rely almost solely on punishment methods to beat an opponent. So you still have to deal with the bad matchup...just not quite as much as you would if you played more offensively.

Yay camping.

P.S. Wario's a badass character. I wish I could play him but I suck with him. Lucas is my main man.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, Wario shouldn't really lose to Falco unless they get outplayed, Falco can't kill us for **** if we're careful XD

I'm wondering if he played any D3s and aircamped them so we can get those vids in here and shut the naysayers up.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Fiction nearly ran the timer on DSF's DDD in the first round but got beat on FD in the second.

Honestly people need to realize that if DDD can CG your character, BAN FD.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I always ban FD against D3, it's like the biggest stage... no platforms to abuse/run around on, and like an extra grab or two compared to most other stages.

Top Bottom