• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wait what is this thread even about

Status
Not open for further replies.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
70 People means all but 6 get byes first round, it's a moot point; no one would be stupid enough to do a 70 man bracket over a 64 man bracket.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
The point illustrates that determining the min number of tvs isnt as simple as it may look. The whole idea of estimating a bracket that has problems with concurrency is a very complex thing to deal with.

The breakdown of matchups in a 70 man bracket is like this:

1 1 2 2 4 4 8 8 16 16 6 0 6 26 6 16 8 4 2 1 + GF

The red number is the first Round.
The green numbers constitute the first round of winners, the first number can be played at the same time as the first round.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Yeah I get that, but why are you posing a question like that when any good TO, especially at a tourney like Robocop, is going to have a bracket that fits with the optimal bracket size? It seems like an unnecessary demonstration of bracket knowledge that is ultimately irrelevant.

Pete278

Smash Lord
At a large tournament at conventions, where people don't have the attention span, you haven't really got time to run pools, or people will start disappearing. Not so useful for majors dedicated to fighting game players, but important for getting people into the community.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Whatever the reasons are to whatever questions don't matter anymore.
I concede, I have been defeated, ror.
Despite being criticised and told his idea was ridiculous, he prevailed.
Good going, bra. =]

Sirias

Smash Champion
I see 'intelligence' more than just knowing one subject, besides it's not even that mathematical.
Though I can see that his incessant drive to have things his way and his facts/opinions heard is also a factor as to why this got changed.

Having reason/logic is also a form of intelligence.
Etc.

swordsaint

Smash Master
pwnsweet

shut the **** up

stop sucking your brothers **** like an incestuous ******. It's ****ing annoying. You put him an a pedastal based off **** you're as oblivious to everything as he is. Stop making stupid statements about sound.

****ing perth. You're all idiots. I don't even give a **** that im angry over this. You're all ****ing stupid.

and corpse, i apologise, but you definitely sounded arrogant when you said just because YOU THOUGHT you had a good understanding now would make a difference to other people.

I agree with Kas. A tournament will start, a tournament will end. As long as people play their matches everything will be fine.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
this thread is the lols.

is that a physical threat to scoot? I sure hope you don't think you'll beat him in smash lol.

Pete278

Smash Lord
I see 'intelligence' more than just knowing one subject, besides it's not even that mathematical.
Though I can see that his incessant drive to have things his way and his facts/opinions heard is also a factor as to why this got changed.

Having reason/logic is also a form of intelligence.
Etc.
Reason is more wisdom than intelligence, but logic is definitely intelligence.

tibs7

Smash Champion
pwnsweet

shut the **** up

stop sucking your brothers **** like an incestuous ******. It's ****ing annoying. You put him an a pedastal based off **** you're as oblivious to everything as he is. Stop making stupid statements about sound.

****ing perth. You're all idiots. I don't even give a **** that im angry over this. You're all ****ing stupid.

and corpse, i apologise, but you definitely sounded arrogant when you said just because YOU THOUGHT you had a good understanding now would make a difference to other people.

I agree with Kas. A tournament will start, a tournament will end. As long as people play their matches everything will be fine.
Ahahhahaa this made my day! And it's only 11am. I'll probs post this in the quotes thread later. Ahaha so funny

+1 scootypuff <3

pwnsweet

Smash Cadet
I just love how there are select easterners who love to hack into Perth as being 'all f*cking stupid' without legitimate reason.

I just want to remind you that it's because of Perth people that a problem was identified with inserting the Americans late into the bracket and was promptly fixed as a result. It's because of Perth people that we'll now have a 16 pool 32 man bracket, and it's because of Perth people that the mathematics was done to ensure it runs faster than a 12 pool 24 man bracket.

And I'm saying 'Perth people' and not Corpsecreate because, while Corpse has been doing the majority of the work, it's been the collective discussion of several Perth people (including myself) that have fully considered all aspects of each new proposal to ensure it's better than what's already in place before it's brought to the forums by Corpsecreate.

There are dozens of examples of Perth people suggesting ways to make the tournament run better, faster, more efficiently and getting hacked into by the same few 'superior' easterners who are doing nothing to make the tournament a better experience. And most of the suggestions made by Perth people are getting implemented by CAO.

So flame us on these forums all you like. At the end of the day it's our ideas that are helping make Robocop a better experience for everyone (including you ungrateful pricks) and if that makes us 'f*cking stupid' then so be it, but don't approach us with a handshake when you see us at the tournament next week because it'll be met with a warm and friendly F*CK YOU.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Oh good, they've finally realized that they are a collective group.

Now I can just call Perth ****.

Does anyone of us EASTERNER DEATH HORRBILE KILL PEOPLE remember asking for a better experience at Robocop?

As far as I was concerned it was already a great experience without THE AMAZING SUPER PERTH GODTIER TOURNAMENT KINGS trying to make it 'better' lol.

pwnsweet

Smash Cadet
Oh good, they've finally realized that they are a collective group.

Now I can just call Perth ****.

Does anyone of us EASTERNER DEATH HORRBILE KILL PEOPLE remember asking for a better experience at Robocop?

As far as I was concerned it was already a great experience without THE AMAZING SUPER PERTH GODTIER TOURNAMENT KINGS trying to make it 'better' lol.
Flawed logic and a perfect example of one of the select few easterners mention in my previous post. Good day to you sir.

I'm glad to see that you are seeking to resolve this dispute with dignity and maturity.
Can you blame me? Anything we do or say on these forums is instantly met with hostility. Go and read the first replies to many of our new suggestions. We are immediately guilty unless proven innocent. All attempts at resolving disputes with dignity and maturity have failed. At this point simply not associating is the only remaining solution. I can not and will not, for the life of me, meet and greet the people that have slandered and abused my brothers and myself (for no legitimate reason) on tournament day as if everything on these forums hasn't happened.

It has happened. What is said on these forums is as if it was said in real life. The problem is that most of you say things on here that you otherwise wouldn't say in real life and then think you can get away with it and that it's all forgotten because it was said on a forum.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
kudos to corpse for trying to make stuff run easier, hopefully things to run better than originally planned with the different bracket/pools layout.

but really pwnsweet youre not making yourself look better in anyway

each state has to have some person no one wants to meet, nice work opting yourself into that

Sieg

Smash Champion
I like being an example.

Considering my manliness and amazing skill to be good at everything, I believe that you have chosen well in showcasing the power of the East.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
The best part about that post is that Corpse hasn't actually said anything once his option was considered. His brother just seems to love his ****, has made no valuable posts in any argument whatsoever (more the opposite actually) and seems to consider him, Corpse, Corpse's **** and Richard as "The Perth People". Good luck being social at RC man, i guess you'll just have to spend all your spare time sucking your brothers ****.

I kinda feel bad for Corpse considering that he has to live with this spastic rofl

pwnsweet

Smash Cadet
Given the way some of you behave, I would rather not socialize with you. I'm quite happy socializing with the others who aren't pricks.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I respect Corpse's skill and intelligence. This was in no way me trying to badmouth corpse beyond the fact that just because he 'thinks' he understands something more than other people means it will be implemented.

Pwnsweet - get your haed out of your ***. It wasn't Perth people that changed the bracket. It was the collective community INCLUDING Perth and other states. You're just so obsessed with idolising your brother that you ignored every other post AND the POLL that Cao made asking EVERYONE.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=286554

We have a legitimate reason to think you're ****ing stupid. It's because you're ****ing stupid and think everything positive that happens to everything must be because of you. I'm just angry.

If you think Perth people are the entire reason for Cao changing the bracket you're an idiot. You've done some UNFINISHED maths that can't even be used properly yet. So saying this piece of 'intelligence' changed the bracket is unjustified when the data isn't even complete, and even Corpse says he's not done yet. The other reason the bracket is changed is just to be fair and give more people a shot at lasting longer in the tournament. If you think time constraints is ALL that contributed you need to step back and look at the bigger picture, maybe look at a few threads that aren't started by Sam.

You saying it's because of 'Perth People' discussing it just ensures how arrogant you are. You're saying that Perth people as a whole, had extensive discussion without anyone else from others states that have first hand experience in a major, deciding what's best for us on your own for Corpse to tell us. K'.

And just to be clear, I don't think I'm superior to you. I've done some dumb **** too like actually having to tell you why you're stupid.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Enough with the Perth hate ffs.
Gawd, we all talk big on here, blah blah BLAH, come RC everyone will be nice.
Ugh.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Enough with the Perth hate ffs.
Gawd, we all talk big on here, blah blah BLAH, come RC everyone will be nice.
Ugh.
<3 Nova.

I agree with what Nova has said.

I get hated on for being a **** on the forums, but I'm a nice guy in person C:

But seriously. Guys. Why can't you just let **** be and get along like people should?
This West vs East **** is annoying. I know neither party helps the thing out, but can't we just come to some sort of mutual agreement? or even block each other.

undead_moose

Smash Lord
Dear Perth

Why you gotta get all butt hurt all the time seriously.

I know we easteneese can be great people if you don't ask for stupid ******** totally unneeded things. Also what's the deal with that one guy who thinks he's the hero that Perth deserves....

Anyways Id best let you get back to your main export of human tears.

Sincerly gold coast.

P.s. Noice

Splice

Smash Hero
I think everyone should just be more like Corpse.
Then we'd be set.

Zxv

Smash Lord
Corpse is pretty cool. I like him so far. He seems pretty intelligent, logical & a good player. People like pwnsweet and Pete make me sigh.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Pretty much.
All this hate, should be directed at SA.
Because, we blow, like worse than any state ever.
Actually, SA ain't even worth hating. W/E. <3

Edit: Sieg, I'm sure you would, lol.
Bring your sister. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom