• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

MTGod

Smash Champion
Plus, I think the reason why they are starters is because they are basic, not so much because they are fair... Basic lots of platforms, basic one platform, and basic no platform stages... Therefore, with the stage striking mechanism, people can avoid giving their opponent the best possible match-up and thus resulting in (hopefully) the most neutral stage of the three for that match-up...

Vlade

Social Outcast
RC is a good stage, I'm on the anti ban side of it

Japes is a HORRIBLE stage. If you've never played on it against me then don't even bother saying something about it, YOU CANNOT APPROACH against a player that has any idea about camping. Same goes for Norfair and Luigi's Mansion.

Argh who cares I'll just abuse these broken-*** stages next tourney just to prove my point

About 6 hours to go now, though I'm only playing on wednesday for windwaker

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
This Is Why I Feel Like Putting Down Brawl Atm And Waiting Until The Next Smash Bros Comes And Start Playing That. But Seriously Guys? Spirit Tracks Is Out Lets Play That Wooo.

Lol Have Fun Waiting 5 Years

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Japes is a terrible stage.
I don't main falco, and I've randomly picked Falco and counter picked this stage in the past and won.

Disagree with Yoshi's Island being moved to counterpick (Read back to some discussion about it). FD is more unbalanced than YI. This is why you should use stage striking.

Either the Starter list should be:

Final Destination
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Battlefield
And your choice of Lylat Cruise/Pokemon Stadium

Or

Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Battlefield

The randomness of the cloud on YI is noteworthy, but ultimately not as influential and game impacting as say, random tripping. In Melee, Yoshi's Story not only terribly favours Marth, but also has a cloud that appears (though whilst not randomly, definitely isn't accounted for most of the time by players).

I dunno, was reading this thread randomly and wanted to give my two cents.

Pete278

Smash Lord
I'm going to use this time to point out that, even though it gets alot of ****, Big Blue's track is the same as Japes' water. If Japes' doesn't get banned for its water (though it looks like it'll be banned for campiness), why is Big Blue banned for its water? It could be a good anti-camp option, due to the small stage size (most of the time).

Jupz

Smash Master
Big blue the stage changes way too much. Most of the focus is actually on the stage as the actual floor you're on changes, not simply a few transformations like Pictochat. Btw, in Big Blue you can run against the floor, unlike in Japes.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
Fd is bad for my falcon's recovery, so lets ban it, yes?
Fd is pretty broken for chain grabs and projectile spam aswell =P
but ill man up if you allow me some counterpicks that are bad for your characters =P
stage striking is so better, however time consuming, however if you are serious you would do it.. most of us just random if we both agree.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Just like to point out that LC doesn't really gimp Shiek's recovery unless you're foolish with how you recover, moreso Zelda's recovery is horrible here_ JJ pretty much gets banned due to the water and how camptastic the stage becomes_ If Brawl becomes too campy and stages promote this then it's better to ban them rather then forcing people to play on or watch such boring and lame matches_ Although this is taken seriously as a game, it should still be enjoyable to watch and play_

Lol @ Shaya's post about Ted_ He is such a ******* with how he thinks_ Never trust fencers with moustaches_

Good luck with your Zelda speedrun guys_

Vlade

Social Outcast
Just like to point out that LC doesn't really gimp Shiek's recovery unless you're foolish with how you recover, moreso Zelda's recovery is horrible here_ JJ pretty much gets banned due to the water and how camptastic the stage becomes_ If Brawl becomes too campy and stages promote this then it's better to ban them rather then forcing people to play on or watch such boring and lame matches_ Although this is taken seriously as a game, it should still be enjoyable to watch and play_

Lol @ Shaya's post about Ted_ He is such a ******* with how he thinks_ Never trust fencers with moustaches_

Good luck with your Zelda speedrun guys_
This is exactly why I want Norfair, Pirate Ship and Japes banned

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
Fd is bad for my falcon's recovery, so lets ban it, yes?
Fd is pretty broken for chain grabs and projectile spam aswell =P
but ill man up if you allow me some counterpicks that are bad for your characters =P
stage striking is so better, however time consuming, however if you are serious you would do it.. most of us just random if we both agree.
lets not.

Link + FD = hope.
also, bomb hop.
(Y)

Pete278

Smash Lord
How would everyone feel about Brawl+ instead of Doubles, as a testrun next tournament? And would we allow Roy?

EDIT: WTF? FLIGHT TIME AND BIG EASY GOT ELIMINATED? WHAT KIND OF **** IS THIS?

Jupz

Smash Master
Ewwwwwwwww . Brawl+ is absolutely terrible and I would hate having it instead of doubles. Have it after singles if we have time, not instead of doubles. Melee would be better because its not a piece of ****.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Doubles is fun :c

Big Blue, the track sometimes curves, so you can jump up, have the track curve up and "get" you mid-jump. It's a fun stage, but not very competitive.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah i can't skype because of Zelda 4/48, early morning tomorrow

Try and watch the live stream guys, don't know what the link is but I'm sure marteh will post it

Jupz

Smash Master
Rage is good kthx pete :D But seriously no Brawl+ plox. travs post pretty much summed up why it sucks. and combos eww. bad edited brawl is bad.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman

Completed spirit tracks today.

Tommorow:
-Dentist appointment (LAST TIME I SEE THEM WOO. Finally everything in my teeth will be complete.)
-Work out
-Eat, Drink raw egg in milk
-Work out again.
-Complete side quest in Spirit tracks

As you can see you need all that strength to be able to play spirit tracks otherwise you just can't.

Day after tommorow:
-Driving lesson
-Complete side quest in spirit tracks
-Go for a run around the block.

Also in January sometime i will be taking pictures of my nintendo collection lol.
Cool story...

Alzi

Smash Master
Don't worry theres more storys to come from Grandpa Alzi.

Jupz combo's are not eww lol. They are delicious.

Jupz

Smash Master
I LOL at how alzi plans out his days. Don't worry Alzi I <3 you.

Brawl is good because you can get out of the combos. It takes skill to follow up.

Top Bottom