• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

MTGod

Smash Champion
I REALLY shouldn't be on here... but it's 11pm, I'm up to date on everything (until tomorrow :p) and I'm eating :p So a pox on sensibility!!!

Would I be happy on the salary of a Japanese Teacher?
English teacher in Japan would get paid more :p

No, I'm serious guys. Who lives South of Perth. Preferrably near Busselton.
Closest to Busselton in our scene would be Bob in Rockingham :p

My girlfriend lives in Perth and I may be heading over in August if things are all good. Will probably be staying in Perth, I just thought I'd give you a heads up.
There will be a few tournaments most likely in July during the school holidays, where Ted and Luke may also make an appearance so I hear :D But even if you can't be there for those, there's sure to be a tourney while you're here too (I'm sure we'll pool one together just for you ;))

I think I would enjoy law but right now I feel as though I'm second-rate and not gonna make it which is why I've been considering becoming a japanese teacher lately. I dunno I could probably make it but I really have no idea of my capacity
Nothing's stopping you from trying out law for a sem/year... You can always switch out of the course...

Andre v Pete/Trill smackdown!
Guys, come Saturday I don't want to see any personal attacks or any bickering derailing the serious conversation - if it starts to get excessive you can count on me kicking you all out because I have a lot of other things I can do aside from listening to people bicker about things NOT related to EI3... So:

Trill - don't antagonise
Pete - don't pursue pointless arguments
Andre - stop being uber-unnecessarily-over-defensive

If you guys (+ anyone else who's coming, it applies to you too, even me :O!) don't trust yourselves to do this for at least a few hours, be a team player and don't come on Saturday so we can get some **** organised...

Happy thoughts... happy thoughts people :p

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Everyone hates on Trill for being too gangster on us_ I sense drive-bys coming soon_

Sieg you can crash at mine if need be i live the closest it's still about 1 and a half - 2 hours to Busselton though but mine is pretty much the closest_ Also i could use the SSFIV practice >_>

As Jesse said though Vlade, English teachers i'm pretty sure get paid more in Japan_ Ex friend of mine recently moved over there to pursue this and besides you get to live in Japan = win/win_ Either way you're only 16 dude, i'm sure life will guide you on your path so don't stress too much_

If you just want money and relaxation then honestly just focus on mining_ HUGE amount of money to be made from that with minimum stress_ Dad just scored a job that is 8 days on 6 days off, fully paid health insurance, 5 weeks paid holidays per year and is still earning over 150k a year_ If i wasn't doing film for the love of it i know where i would be again_

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I wouldn't focus on mining just get. That 40% tax is gonna hurt.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Thanks man. We'll see what happens.

Also, although I agree with the mining and the health insurance, wouldn't the health problems still be negative?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Depends on what part you go for. There's more than just 'mining' in the mining industry. Could go up there to work as a cook or something.

True Romance

Smash Ace
You can only really work on the mines as a life time profession if you're brain dead. I'd personally look to building up a skill set that wont be reliant on that sort of life style to earn money.

Having said that, the money is good but you will burn out. The key is to work in a mining town with out actually being a "miner" for lack of a better term to describe the 100's of professions that constitute being directly involved with the mining process. The fact is there's normally so much money in mining communities that regardless of what your profession or skills are you're always gonna make more money whether you're actually working on the mines or not.

Oh and dear god, for all of those in our smash community old enough to vote, if Rudd gets away with his BS tax, as West Australians, it's your responsibillity to vote Liberal regardless of your political beliefs next election. If you want a more indepth explanation as to why just ask, but it pains me to discuss such a horrible policy unless forced to do so. East always be ****ing us over.

Back to uni assignment yo.

Sieg

Smash Champion
East didn't do **** son.

Labour did.

I TOLD YOU ALL LAST ELECTION. Or I meant to tell you.

True Romance

Smash Ace
I didn't vote Rudd.

And east has been ****ing us for years, not just with recent occurences. Luke you may have a sexy state, but why do you hate on us so badly?!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Rudd was better than Howard.

Wether he's better than Mr "Global warming isn't real, kick out the leader, oh wait it is real lolol" Backflip king, I dunno.

At least with Rudd we'd still get the internet upgraded. v.v

Alzi

Smash Master
Lol both rudd and howard are ****ing stupid. They seriously do not know how to run a country.

We need Mic to be head of state for W.A.

Also i honestly do not know why people think pete acts like a prick somtimes. I have not seen him do anything bad in real life to get him that status. Yes he might be annoying or stupid about stage rules online but he hasn't done anything that i have seen in real life to even consider pete annoying somtimes.

Kane i heard about that mining thing on the radio lol if that gets through then GG. IF INTERNET FILTERING GETS THROUGH then i might aswell quit the internet.

And kane why did you change your name to true romance it's such a bad move. You did a trav and zero_ yo.

MTGod

Smash Champion
You don't hang out with Brawl people IRL enough to know the intricacies of our personalities (all of ours, not just Pete's, even though you were specifically referring to that)...

The answer??? Talk more, and come to more stuff, and talk more :D Then you will learn about your peers (I heard Marty did a brief stint in Nepal as a sherpa!!! You can learn other facts like these if you come to more events :p)

EDIT: Pretend Melancholy and Marty didn't post :p

Alzi

Smash Master
I can't imagine pete being a prick and annoying in real life though.

I've seen him as a nice guy to be honest. Or has pete been trolling me in real life. =O?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Why?

Certainly not for West Australians.
I haven't seen Rudd trying to scam Australia into thinking that people were throwing their children overboard, or saying specifically that they would "never ever" bring in a GST, which he did after being elected.

Rudd may not have been super awesome to WA (Have any PM's?) but at least he hasn't done that.

Trillest

Smash Ace
Look the fact of the matter is if you are a douche online in rl you are a douche aswell (not aimed at pete (honestly)) So i dont care how nice a person is in rl. If they feel the need to act like a prick behind a screen then they are just a prick and a coward in rl

True Story (learn from this Alzi)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's not so much the tax itself, but the fact he gave such a blatant lie about it.

Alzi

Smash Master
It does not matter how much a person is a prick online aslong as it's not a personal attack on anyone.

So if Andre ment pete's online side since this is where i have seen his annoying side well only on msn then it doesn't matter. Because he doesn't annoy anyone in real life.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Rudd was better than Howard.

Wether he's better than Mr "Global warming isn't real, kick out the leader, oh wait it is real lolol" Backflip king, I dunno.

At least with Rudd we'd still get the internet upgraded. v.v
Upgraded momentarily, then shot to pieces until it resembles a piece of parchment from the 14th century.

True Romance

Smash Ace
GST is a good thing though. Should be happy for it. It does alot of good things.
GST is amazing, particularly for the states. If Howard honestly thought some amount of deception was required to pass it through, good on him. There's far more unreasonable taxes out there ie... yeah you know.

Howard was a good pm despite doing a lot of **** things. Most politicians by the end of their career are found out to have done **** things. It's a fact of life we have to live with.

Oh and Alzi, True_Romance, use to be my screen name online till I eventually played a game where it had too many characters, and thus evolved into Romant1k.

One of my fav movies ever btw, if people haven't seen it you should.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
<3 True Romance_ Christopher Walken is always good in movies_ Mining is just an easy solution for those who want large amounts of money and early retirement or something that gives them large amounts of cash with time between to look at pursuing other life goals or future jobs_ It put me in a better position to finally pursue my film course_ That and the *cough* recession_

Monster Hunter Tri is so addictive_

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah same. I've just got MH3.

It's basically PSO in every way but awesome, ER.

Just leveling up mah weapons atm.

Top Bottom