• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Alzi

Smash Master
WHO EVER HAS THE POSTER DESIGNS OF ANDREWS WORK DO SHOW ME. I NEED TO SEE WHETHER OR NOT I WILL BE ABLE TO DEFEAT HIM OR NOT.

but i will defeat him i must. My goal is to defeat him to be a good designer you must be able to defeat every ****ing design you see and do it 10x better and i shall do this.

And yes Marty does have some crap music on his wii that has affected me to play bad somtimes but it also has some good music which made me play good. Some of the good music he has one smashville has actually made me enjoy smashvile more since the original music for it is crap imo.

MTGod

Smash Champion
CALM DOWN ALZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EI3 is ages away, I'm sure someone will link it eventually (it's been like, an hour :p)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Alzi needs to calm down =) Dont worry im sure you'll be linked to those pictures soon =P

But yeah, usually you cant hear the brawl music anyways so would it really matter? (well from all the venues i've been to, its been really louddd)

MTGod

Smash Champion
@ Leisha - AFAIK the music in Brawl is designed to be background music... When you've got "I'm on a boat!" playing and you're trying to concentrate, it becomes a whole different game :p Moreover, if viral songs are used, then it can draw people in to sing along karaoke-style, which'd be hilarious but not so fun for the players in a tight match :p

What rules on hacks have other nationals used in the past???

Alzi

Smash Master
I am like..

so mad and angry right now that i could kick at the speed of light. Seriously why did a poster have to be better then mine ffs. I am going to not attend tournaments or post ever again here not until i get a better looking poster then all of andrews posters put together.

If it takes me 2 years i will keep design the same poster even if eastern invasion 3 has passed i will keep working around that theme until i create such a **** poster design that is better then what you guys at the meeting saw.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

RAGE THREAD I AM COMING FOR YOU NEXT.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Want me to change my music? TOO BAD WALUIGI TIME!

The main issue I have is Ill need Mic to burn me a copy of brawl on a single layer disk since my wii can't read dual layers, but Im not bringing my hdd to it anyway.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I find myself agreeing with Alzi in this circumstance :O I don't really mind hacks, but this is a major tournament with possible international attendance - any grey areas that people could possibly exploit should be taken care of... Moreover, people may have other hacks on their game that are really unfair if we allow certain hacks
I can't think of anyone here but Marty who either knows enough or could be bothered to know enough on getting some game changing hacks.

As for music/textures/marty's char select screen just remove the SD card and the problem is gone.

- Infinite replays are pointless for anything but friendly set-ups, since you're probably not going to play on your own wii during the tournament anyway, and it only opens up greater opportunity for random people to fill up your wii with **** you don't want...
Because it's hard to delete em?

Mart, I can make you a copy, no probs, but I'll need to use your HD to do so.

Also, I'll need to make my own. I've managed to lose NTSC again, and I don't think it was at a smashfest this time >.<

MTGod

Smash Champion
It's not hard to delete 'em, but I don't see people watching replays of random people, let alone uploading them to youtube... <-------------Redundancy... Of course, if there was to be no recording done via Dazzle/whatever, then I'd be fully in support of it, but this is realy redundant for the tournament (friendlies are different matter though :D)

Plus, I'm fully aware that removing the SD card removes the hack, but that's not the point - the point is whether or not to allow them for the tournament... I doubt anyone with hacks would bring along a device on the day that allows them to turn on/off certain hacks to meet tournament standards, and thus they'd leave all their hacks on the chip... And if we've got people who aren't experienced with hacks, they wouldn't/shouldn't want to mess around with removing the SD chip, and I'm not sure if the card could get corrupted if it's removed during use, which means someone would be out an SD card (not fun :( )... It's really too much hassle for something so menial as infinite replays, which become mostly redundant for the tournament if we're filming the top 16 of the bracket...

Also, people don't have to knowingly put on a game changing hack... Their hack may have undesired side-effects in niche circumstances (like crashing the game :p) that they are unaware of...

I really don't understand why we're arguing to allow something that's, for the most part, useless in tournaments -_-"

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If it's usless, then what's the problem?

It's NOt a big deal, yet people continue to beat it up as one. Yeesh.

MTGod

Smash Champion
It is useless, but allowing these certain hacks open up more opportunity for problems than banning them, with (as I see it) no change in benefits...

d(potential problems) > d(benefits), unless there's benefits that haven't been brought up yet???

I really don't see the reasoning (and neither will outsiders not in this discussion) behind allowing hacks (useless as they are) in a competitive tournament -_-"

BTW Thx Trav :D (Lawl "enterance fee" xD)

MTGod

Smash Champion
And what if, in doing so, they corrupt/damage the SD card because they don't understand when/how to remove them??? Someone's gonna be pissed... We've seen what educated members of the Brawl community are capable of (insert video flashback of Andre's house where his Wii took two tumbles in the space of 5 minutes), so we've got to take into account "the ****** factor" since we're most likely dealing with people we haven't met yet...

Sure, you could say that you need to get the owner of the Wii, but what if they are in a match??? Or not in the building??? Or they simply are *******s and start this exact argument during the tournament and refuse to remove it :p???

Pete278

Smash Lord
Bloody hell, I go to my grandma's for Mother's Day for like 3 hours and you guys start a ****storm. Gimme a sec to debunk some points.

EDIT: You know what? **** quoting into an edit.

Vlade: His point was mostly that if we can't get the second recording set up, its not really a big deal, since we'd still get top 8 easily. Also that we shouldn't record round 1 games. Jesse kinda hybridized the two points. :p

Mic: Why bother having the SD Card at all if its going to get removed every game? Infinite replay would be fine, but music could potentially become game-destroying static very quickly (and that's the real meaning of truth), and people could slip on hacks that would modify gameplay subtly and forget about it (really, some people can have rather poor foresight, and that makes certain hacks invisible to everyone.), etc., etc. It'd be much easier to just disallow all in general.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
@ Leisha - AFAIK the music in Brawl is designed to be background music... When you've got "I'm on a boat!" playing and you're trying to concentrate, it becomes a whole different game :p Moreover, if viral songs are used, then it can draw people in to sing along karaoke-style, which'd be hilarious but not so fun for the players in a tight match :p

What rules on hacks have other nationals used in the past???

Oh yeah I guess I can see your point there. I remember playing on a wii which had some pokemon stadium music with falcon making ****loads of sound effects into it XD Was very distracting and funny.

Alzi

Smash Master
Lol is that the type of poster.

You cannot be ****ING SERIOUS.

You can't even read the ****ing super properly behind the sreet fighter logo. The text is what attracts my eyes first. ffs that poster is ****. Same as the logo. FFF. :mad:

And for tournaments TEXTURE HACKS SHOULD BE OFF. Character and stage texture hacks. For the music it should be off aswell since no one knows what music is going to play and on what stage and it does affect the playstyle.

Thats why i ****ing lost to level 9 luigi because that crappy i'm on a boat music was playing and i coudn't consontrate. BAM PROVEN.

I remeber playing think it was trill on pokemon stadium ages ago and the gyro was ****ing black and i coudn't see it at times. It was ages ages ages ago though guessing it was trill i was vsing since the rob was decent.

Alzi

Smash Master
The sreet fighter IV logo is fine and decent the super behind it is LOL.

And please DO NOT tell me thats some of Andrews work....

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
(and that's the real meaning of truth),
I saw what you did thar ;)

Thats why i ****ing lost to level 9 luigi because that crappy i'm on a boat music was playing and i coudn't consontrate. BAM PROVEN.
Alzi you are well aware of what music was to play when you verse Luigi, so you can't say it surprised you into losing. Argument over.

And I've said a million times

DONT LIKE MY HACKS TAKE OUT MY ****ING SD CARD! But leave it still in the slot just in the out position...Theres been a few occasions it's ended up on the floor.

But for EI3 I will have my Brawl set up without any form of hacks. So chill g's
But for tournaments it remains as is.

Alzi

Smash Master
Lol what am i ment to do Marty?

Learn the level 9 luigi match up on pirate ship with the song i'm on a boat. :p hahaha.

And plus to top the icing on the cake the whole perth crew cheering and being loud in the background man so much pressure lol.

I like your hacks though Marty well some. You just need better textures on toon link and tell me what stages all the zelda music is on.

MTGod

Smash Champion
You can't even read the ****ing super properly behind the sreet fighter logo. The text is what attracts my eyes first. ffs that poster is ****. Same as the logo. FFF.
Oh man, I almost fell off my chair laughing at that, Alzi :D:D:D In the words of McNamara: "You cannot be serious, man, you CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The text is what is supposed to attract your eyes first :p That's where people get the information and all that :D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
And what if, in doing so, they corrupt/damage the SD card because they don't understand when/how to remove them???
You unplug it at any time you dont want hacks. Not hard, and I will happily replace any that get "corrupted" as if it was an issue Im sure it would have been brought up at least once in the hacking rooms.

The text is what attracts my eyes first.
Exactly. I agree wholeheartedly.

Er...did your poster have any text?

MTGod

Smash Champion
What if it's in the middle of a match Mic, where data is being accessed from the SD card directly??? People do silly things in the heat of the moment, and may eject it during this which should have some negative effect on the SD card :S

Regardless, I have a feeling this issue will come down to a vote... I'm going to bed to rest up before more debating over monetary issues with Uni douchebags, g'night ^^

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
What if it's in the middle of a match Mic, where data is being accessed from the SD card directly??? People do silly things in the heat of the moment, and may eject it during this which should have some negative effect on the SD card :S
Textures are loaded before the match, the only thing thats streamed off the SD card is music, and taking it out mid match is the same as taking it out in the menu. Were yet to see any data loss or corruption.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well there is corruption.
the music (if you have custom music on) will change back to the original track, but chipmunked,

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Well I seem to have missed alot_ Interesting points brought up during the meeting_

On the topic of hacks, I am in agreeance with removing texture and music hacks which I doubt will affect many peoples opinions_ I disagree however with your argumets for removing sd cards and disallowing HDD run games_ There is no evidence that shows running a game via HDD or having an sd card removed via matches will affect gameplay and if anything I am more inclined to say that a HDD is more stable than a disc, hell someone could just kick the wii if they want or we get dud discs_ No I don't believe we should disallow these for tournament use until you can prove to me that they affect gameplay (this is without hacks of course)_

A simple way to control this is to enforce a rule where if someone tampers with the wii, sd card or HDD before or duing a match for no legitmate reason then they will be DQ_ If someone is honestly willing to be a **** and remove an sd card or HDD during a match then they deserve to be DQ_ Enforcing a disc only rule is unfair and unreasonable IMO when you can easily police behaviour_

FYI I will still also be able to do recordings and interviews during the tournament if required with a small crew_

Top Bottom