• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

MTGod

Smash Champion
I'd just have my laptop on the centre of the table recording, not in front of me or anything so it could hardly distract anyone unless they're obsessed with pretty looking sound waves.
"I'll just open up MSN in case anyone has anything urgent..."
"I'll just check facebook to see when I'm meeting someone..."
"I'll just turn my computer on to have music int he background..."
"I'll just turn the internet on in case I want to research something..."
"I'll bring my computer along just in case we need it..."

Even if you were to gather the audio logs, I imagine they'd be rarely of any more use than notes taken by people, given the amount of unrelated banter that goes on in whatever topic is being discussed... Even when audio logs are all informative (iLectures at Uni) without a visual cue points are harder to get across, meaning all it really takes is for someone to start mumbling or backtracking in their sentence and their whole point may be lost... The worst that can happen with pen and paper is to run out of ink :p

Pete278

Smash Lord
But you don't have internet there so msn, facebook, internet, etc. aren't problems, and my laptop will be there anyway. My laptop goes where I go, even when its completely unnecessary, and I'm obsessive-compulsive enough to go through it for the important bits.

MTGod

Smash Champion
So tell me Pete, how many hours of anime that people like to watch do you have on your laptop :p???

Plus, you've got BlazBlue on your laptop - that's enough of a distraction for most people :D

Look, either way, I can't stop you from bringing it, I'm just trying to save you the effort because it will not be necessary in my mind... I'm definitely going to have a pen and paper with me, and I firmly recommend everyone do the same especially if they need to write down specific things they need to remember to get done... This way, no one's relying on just one person, or one set of notes to be distributed around...

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Haven't you learnt anything from video games_? Audio logs are great for telling people why your race, city, civilization is currently falling apart or being destroyed_ How else will nameless heroes go through and find out everything they need to know_?

Pete278

Smash Lord
Haven't you learnt anything from video games_? Audio logs are great for telling people why your race, city, civilization is currently falling apart or being destroyed_ How else will nameless heroes go through and find out everything they need to know_?
Bioshock proved this.

MTGod

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure our audio log won't contain nearly as much seriousness as those :D *waits for someone to ***** about something on audio, then someone to upload it as a joke :p*

MTGod

Smash Champion
Okay guys, just letting everyone know that there will be an SSF4 tournament organiser at this meeting possibly on Saturday (Pete's friend) - if anyone has any issues with that then you need to get to me ASAP to discuss them... It should be good for when we discuss global tournament things not just relating to Brawl...

Currently 9 people said they'll be there - I'm capping attendance at 10 people in case Vlade manages to be there (if you can't be here anymore, let me know so that I can cross you off the list and open a space up!)... Any more people and I fear lack of seating arrangements :D

Matters:
- Letter to send to prospective/tester venues
- Advertising
- Pre-major/side events (more WHAT than when :p)
- Tournaments to test out venues

People:
Jesse
Bob
Trav
Andre
Trill (2PM)
Mic
Pete
Marty
Andrew (SSF4 guy)
Vlade?

Alzi

Smash Master
LOL SEIG. YOU FUNNY MAN.

North is clearly actually i cbf repeating myself of how much better north is then south. The more south you go the dirtier it gets and be sure not to go too far north because this guy lives there:

;)

Alzi

Smash Master
You are capable of a job better then japanese teaching to be honest.

Japan teaching should be your last option if everything fails on you which won't because i'm sure you'll be studying to be somthing that gets you heaps of money.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I'm not even motivated to study hard. I just do homework and that generally gets me decent grades. Rarely have I studied and actually gotten really good marks by doing so. Most of my high scores are from doing the homework and understanding what's happening in class.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah I know. Was just asking haha.

My girlfriend lives in Perth and I may be heading over in August if things are all good. Will probably be staying in Perth, I just thought I'd give you a heads up.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah basically haha. I might be able to catch up with Vlade before Robocop. Don't have many details yet though, so we'll see.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Who wants to be a teacher its a **** job don't bother do commerce or smth else earn cash money !
There is more to life than money, young grasshopper. I'd rather do a job I love and get a bit less than do something I hate.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I got paid decently enough when I did Teacher Assisting, I'd assume that teaching would be more

Top Bottom