• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Alzi

Smash Master
I don't know how to hack it.

I don't know though i'll actually go buy a game that i want instead of hacking it though lol.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Theres somthing hidden in that post.

The only way to solve it ... i don't know.

Oh marty your wii needs more windwaker hacks etc. As i was playing on your wii at the smashfest i noticed you do not have the SPIRIT TRACKS TRAIN UNIFORM TOON LINK AND YOU ALSO DO NOT HAVE THE OUTSET ISLAND TOON LINK. I cried in the inside very deeply because of this.
Alzi issue is I only have 1 bg SD card, and music > textures. If it was bigger Id have more textures :p *hint if anyone wants to give me a 2gb sd card*

And Leisha is a good person using homebrew for the better of mankind, unlike me :/

Alzi

Smash Master
Why are they eating out of DOG TRAYS THEY ARN'T DOGS THEY ARE ELECTRIC MICE.

Marty 2gb sd's are only about $20? Guessing money issues. Also i like your hacked wii the way the character select screen looks like. Looks awesome.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Nah you're not evil Marteh, you're sensible_ Why pay for overpriced games or be forced to wait because of shoddy region distribution, marketing or even local distribution (stores not stocking enough or any of a particular game, this includes 'exclusivity' which is still a ****ing bore)_ Technically i still 'pay' for most of my games_

MTGod

Smash Champion
Pay in blood :D

Anyway, who's up for a city adventure/brawl thing on Saturday the 8th??? We all need to recuperate, and the North need to get together to decide their NvS counterpick :D Oh, and brush up on our brawl skills :p

Pete278

Smash Lord
Nah you're not evil Marteh, you're sensible_ Why pay for overpriced games or be forced to wait because of shoddy region distribution, marketing or even local distribution (stores not stocking enough or any of a particular game, this includes 'exclusivity' which is still a ****ing bore)_ Technically i still 'pay' for most of my games_
Pirating games to spite the developer for having poor region distribution will cause them to go 'well, this region doesn't seem to buy many games, so let's send them less copies.'

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
And ripping us off causes us to remain middle class citizens and forces us to look for other outlets to get hold of games_ In the end if you have all the time and money to purchase as many games, dvds, music that your heart requires then by all means do it_ Most of us don't hence we pirate_

Also wouldn't distribution also fall onto the country and game stores that exist there_? So if EB Games for example only orders x amount or none of said game, then it's clearly not the developer's fault_ They always like to over exaggerate the numbers on piracy loss which so far hasn't hurt them as much as they would like us to think_ In the end, they should stop spending as much money as they do on anti piracy and just accept it isn't going anywhere_

The only 'real' or solid way they could truly battle piracy is through online distribution which would then completely control the market, but also cause uproar if you can't transport your purchases other than on your own pc/console_ I feel bad for PC users currently with the DRM systems being put in place_ What a joke_ Again showing that anti piracy just pushes people away from developers and into 'surprise', piracy_

Besides, pirates are cooler than ninjas_

Richard7

Smash Ace
I don't know how to hack it.

I don't know though i'll actually go buy a game that i want instead of hacking it though lol.
You usually don't give a reason at all as to why you don't get your Wii hacked, but I can tell the real reason is because you think it'll brick your Wii. The amount of unnecessary money you've spent on games scares me.

And yeah it really sucks to be a gamer in Australia, games in the US are like $50 and for us they're $80-$99. PS3 games used to be like $110, they force us to pirate.

EDIT: Back on the topic of developers not making fresh games and such, I thought you guys would find this funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsFswQ7W81c&feature=player_embedded

Vlade

Social Outcast
Pay in blood :D

Anyway, who's up for a city adventure/brawl thing on Saturday the 8th??? We all need to recuperate, and the North need to get together to decide their NvS counterpick :D Oh, and brush up on our brawl skills :p
I should be up for it, though I'll only be there for the city outing

Trillest

Smash Ace
This is what the people who I want to play online said. Hence the not buying of the xbox.
Oh I also hope that the
-HUGE defective rate
-1000000000000000 extras you need to get an xbox online and functioning close to the capability of a ps3
- chance if your xbox gets touched/bumped/pushed by a the gentle breeze of humans breathing, then ssf4 gets eaten
- subscsription fee to xbox live
-fact it doesnt play bluray movies

crossed your mind if not you have never listened to a word i have said and go die kkthxbai

XBOX IS ****!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
-fact it doesnt play bluray movies
Has anyone here actually used theirs to watch a blu-ray movie?

Only thing that gives the 360 a leg up is that it has a bigger number of better games. Perfect Dark remake ftw.

Richard7

Smash Ace
Has anyone here actually used theirs to watch a blu-ray movie?
We do whenever we rent blu-ray movies. Apparently the PS3 is the best blu-ray player out there, because it upscales well or something (Rob knows) and plus it can be updated with firmware updates.

Dunno what all the hate is with the 360. Red Ringing really isn't that bad, you've got 3 year warranty on your 360 when you buy it and assuming it Red Rings in the first month of using it, you just send it to Microsoft and you'll get it back in like 2 weeks, they even give you 1 or 3 months of free Xbox Live time (can't remember which one it is :() every time it gets sent back, so in a way, you should want it to red ring a bit within the 3 years. :laugh:

I'm not trying to defend Microsoft at all, in my opinion, there should be lifetime warranty on the 360 because making an extremely faulty console is just lol. But these days with the improvements made to the newest models added with how cheap 360s are, there isn't much of a reason to worry about buying one.

MTGod

Smash Champion
And yeah it really sucks to be a gamer in Australia, games in the US are like $50 and for us they're $80-$99. PS3 games used to be like $110, they force us to pirate.
Well, with marketing ploys like "we should charge 20% more than we should but offer a price matching guarantee so that we can extort money out of the unsuspicious consumers", is it really any wonder??? American prices haven't gone down either btw, it's just that our dollar is no longer representative of the ****ty situation we were in before, but all the major players in Australia know that if no one makes a move, prices will remain static (i.e. there's no competitive moves)... Why are there no competitive moves??? Because of the price matching being allowed - no one's reducing prices because of conglomerate price matching, and thus the tactic's only real effect is to keep the market at a standstill in terms of prices...

Take away the price matching, and I'm almost certain you'd see a decrease in average cost for games... I'd be more willing to bet money on that than most poker hands I've had :D

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah I agree with Jesse, I never thought out about it but what he says makes sense

If I remember correctly, the 250gb PS3 slim (could've been the 120gb model) was 34000 yen in Japan, should've got one over there :p

The wii is 20000 yen, which is roughly the same as the DSi LL, which is the big DSi (19800 yen). So now the ratio in Australia is the same :D

But yeah the point of that was to show just how bad australia gets it when it comes to game/console prices, so like Bob (I think) said, most of us are forced to pirate at times because we can't afford to churn out $100 for every game we get.

Alzi

Smash Master
When Europe and America got a wii price cut Nintendo Australia decided not to so thats why saw some crazy like wii deals with heaps of games instead. Thats what they did instead of the price cut and now they have lowered it.

Also Red steel 3 has already been confirmed few days ago lol.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Corpsecreate says:
tick tock
Andeh says:
on the clock
Corpsecreate says:
near a dock
The Composer- says:
wearing a sock
Zelos Wilder says:
Im going to a dock tomoz ^_^
The Composer- says:
MARTY!
YOU BROKE IT
FIX IT
DO IT
Zelos Wilder says:
suck my ****
The Composer- says:
what a shock
Andeh says:
sitting in my jock
Zelos Wilder says:
we should flock
The Composer- says:
ill knock yo block
Viral says:
i like to rock
Andeh says:
need a lock
The Composer- says:
^he wears a frock
Andeh says:
then lost a stock

The Composer- has left the conversation.

Viral says:
should really block
Mic says:
what a crock
Rick. says:
sitting by the old grandfather clock

The Composer- has been added to the conversation.

Viral says:
misty sucks go brock!
Andeh says:
says trav to mock
The Composer- says:
beam me up spock
Mic says:
goku's father is bardock
Andeh says:
who wears a smock
Rick. says:
balls
Mic says:
BOOOOOOOOOOO
Viral says:
well played, sir
well played

Perth is so awesome

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I watch Bluray purely from a film perspective and being a greedy tech ***** when it comes to film since doing this course (need more money and a red camera zzz)_ On some films it makes little to no discernible difference, but on higher budget, 3D animation and larger action orientated films it really does show it's true colours_ Bluray is the closest we currently have to 'cinema quality' films without, of course, going to a cinema_ Even then, the sound setup in cinemas is amazing so i try to go to decent films more frequently_

Has anyone seen the commercial for 3d television yet_? Oh wow it's hilarious watching people wearing those stupid glasses pretending they are having a fantastic time in their loungeroom looking like complete douchebags_ Still think the only way to make 3d successful domestically is by finding an alternative to wearing glasses_

Richard you're right about the upscaling part with ps3_ Really gotta get a portable TB HDD for my ps3 to throw all my music and movies onto_ Still hate how it doesn't properly recognise Ipods yet_

EDIT: WTF msn convos_ Funny buggers_ URGH "Final Fantasy: Spirits Within" is on tv_ Is that Alec Baldwin voicing a dude that looks like Ben Affleck_?!

MTGod

Smash Champion
Health warnings for 3D TV though could have side effects though - watching in 3D for extended periods of time (i think it was like 5 hours) messes with your depth perception enough to hinder movement, which would be bad if people were out driving after watching for that long...

Cops: "Sir, you were swerving all over the road."
Man: "Of course I was; I was just trying to avoid the tree!!"
Cops: "You mean, the tree that's about 200 metres from here, in a park?"
Man: "What're you talking about, man, it's RIGHT THERE!"

Trillest

Smash Ace
Health warnings for 3D TV though could have side effects though - watching in 3D for extended periods of time (i think it was like 5 hours) messes with your depth perception enough to hinder movement, which would be bad if people were out driving after watching for that long...

LAMMMEEE

you should totally do stand up :p

MTGod

Smash Champion
I was being serious (as you could have guessed from the lack of :p's in the post :p)... You're not going to be thinking it's lame when you get hit by someone who watched Avatar 3 times and then went out to pick up something from the shops...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

I like the one about the blonde swerving to avoid all the trees, gets pulled over and finds out it was an airfreshener.

Top Bottom