• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Alzi

Smash Master
lol I can't believe i did not see one person saying **** in that msn convo. While i was reading it every line i said to myself inb4 **** but none.

True Romance

Smash Ace
Oh I also hope that the
-HUGE defective rate
-1000000000000000 extras you need to get an xbox online and functioning close to the capability of a ps3
- chance if your xbox gets touched/bumped/pushed by a the gentle breeze of humans breathing, then ssf4 gets eaten
- subscsription fee to xbox live
-fact it doesnt play bluray movies

crossed your mind if not you have never listened to a word i have said and go die kkthxbai

XBOX IS ****!
Don't lecture me on the xbox. I believed in the ****tiness of the xbox since before you'd even got your first computer :p

Super, even on the xbox, is just tempting.

edit - Possibly in the same way that the really hot yet slightly dirty looking woman across from you at a club is tempting. You know it'd be fun but she's probably gonna give you aids. That's right I believe in the xbox's power to give me aids.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
lol I can't believe i did not see one person saying **** in that msn convo.

They did.

Corpsecreate says:
tick tock
Andeh says:
on the clock
Corpsecreate says:
near a dock
The Composer- says:
wearing a sock
Zelos Wilder says:
Im going to a dock tomoz ^_^
The Composer- says:
MARTY!
YOU BROKE IT
FIX IT
DO IT
Zelos Wilder says:
suck my ****
The Composer- says:
what a shock
Andeh says:
sitting in my jock
Zelos Wilder says:
we should flock
The Composer- says:
ill knock yo block
Viral says:
i like to rock
Andeh says:
need a lock
The Composer- says:
^he wears a frock
Andeh says:
then lost a stock
Viral says:
should really block
Mic says:
what a crock
Rick. says:
sitting by the old grandfather clock
Viral says:
misty sucks go brock!
Andeh says:
says trav to mock
The Composer- says:
beam me up spock
Mic says:
goku's father is bardock
Andeh says:
who wears a smock
Rick. says:
balls
Mic says:
BOOOOOOOOOOO
Viral says:
well played, sir
well played

MTGod

Smash Champion
So there's going to be an EI3 meeting at my place next Saturday (8th) at 1pm... This will not be a smashfest, this is a meeting to discuss vital matters of EI3 including organising a letter to send to prospective venues (if we're going to test them out)... Some smash (or munchkin) might happen afterwards, so bring a controller just in case, but do not come if you intend on sitting down and playing smash the whole time...

Post up if you wanna put something on the schedule that we should discuss, but for now what needs to be accomplished on the day:
- Letter (for want of a better word :p) to send out to prospective venues, incl. expected turnout, number of setups etc.

People Attending (haven't added the maybes :D):
- Jesse :D:D:D

Alzi

Smash Master
The way we will advertise Eastern Invasion here in perth should be discussed. I know we will be having a poster but who will be distributing them to places when it comes closer to the date.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I should be able to come as long as it's early on in the day as i have mothers day dinner that night and lunch all sunday_ Would be nice to finally get something rolling in regards to EI3_

Muzga

Smash Ace
yeah count me in too jesse.
bob?
boooooooooob!?
where is my email?:p

oh yeah, on sunday the 9th i'm playing hip hop at the moon cafe
some of you guys should come down and show some support.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Bob - I doubt the meeting would go for longer than a couple of hours at most... It'll more be deciding on what we should do next and how we should go about them (as in, setting the small talk we've done in stone)... Once we delegate some tasks and set our priorities for this everything should go a lot smoother, so I hope :p

Personally I don't want people staying too long after 6pm because I have a few things due early on in the next week and would like to finish at least one of them on Saturday night :D And Andre, I won't be able to be at your gig - I've got work on Sunday til 9pm, and then an early-ish start the next Monday morn :(

EI3 Meeting: Sat 8th May @1pm

Matters:
- Letter to send to prospective/tester venues
- Advertising

People:
Jesse
Bob
Trav
Andre
Trill

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Perhaps, I'll bring my notebook, I recently acquired. Though I doubt mines purpose would be needed.
I sometimes forget that notebooks are usually reffered to computers these days, tbh I wouldnt bother we have Jesse's, prob Bobs as well.
My notebooks are the kind which require ink to use :p

Pete278

Smash Lord
I sometimes forget that notebooks are usually reffered to computers these days, tbh I wouldnt bother we have Jesse's, prob Bobs as well.
My notebooks are the kind which require ink to use :p
His notebook is the kind that causes people to die, so much more useful than a computer. :p

Also, Jesse, I told you on msn I was going, why doesn't that count? :(

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Babbs was watching "The Force" last night and some ******* kid was pulled over for speeding, got a ticket then sped off spinning his wheels infront of the cops and spinning round a corner to get pulled over again_ Cops ask him wtf and he says he is stupid, young and wants to be locked up for the night cause he is bored_ Shopping centre sign behind him brightly says "ROCKINGHAM"_ GG_

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Babbs was watching "The Force" last night and some ******* kid was pulled over for speeding, got a ticket then sped off spinning his wheels infront of the cops and spinning round a corner to get pulled over again_ Cops ask him wtf and he says he is stupid, young and wants to be locked up for the night cause he is bored_ Shopping centre sign behind him brightly says "ROCKINGHAM"_ GG_
Roflcopter.

Alzi

Smash Master
Lol.

Some people are actually stupid.

Eastern Invasion is going to be so good though well theres no excuse for it not to be good it has to because people over east are paying decent amount of money to get here just as some perth members pay decent amount of money to go to robocop.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Notebooks
My computer is ****ey-mc****ehouse, so I won't be using it (it froze while I was saving a 40 page report :angryface:)... If anyone wants to bring a laptop that'd be cool, but tbh I prefer paper notebooks for taking minutes - easier to pass around for clarification, more social for people, the ability to doodle as well, and less tempting for people to go on facebook :S... Keep in mind though, I don't have wireless internet, so if you do bring your laptop you won't be able to use the internet anyway :(

Also, Jesse, I told you on msn I was going, why doesn't that count?
When I went to write up the smashboards post about it I couldn't remember who said they would come, and didn't want to nag :D

Anyone got any other issues they want to definitely bring up??? Adding a pre-major/side event discussion in as dates, for pre-majors expecially, need to be decided upon quite early so travellers can book the correct flights early :p

EI3 Meeting: Sat 8th May @1pm

Matters:
- Letter to send to prospective/tester venues
- Advertising
- Pre-major/side events (more WHAT than when :p)

People:
Jesse
Bob
Trav
Andre
Trill
Mic
Pete
Marty

Pete278

Smash Lord
I can bring my god-tier laptop and have it record the entire thing. I've made sure its got ways to record every media of conversation I have on it. :p

MTGod

Smash Champion
I can do the same with my Ipod, so there's no need to bring your laptop Pete :p

Pete278

Smash Lord
But my computer would then be complete in terms of logged conversations and documents of EI3, considering I have the msn logs and emails from various vendors.

MTGod

Smash Champion
MSN Logs aren't fun to deal with - not only are they rarely filled with intelligent conversation they are unorganised and not conducive to an efficient environment which is clearly what we need to get things done... If there are things said in the logs that are of amazing importance, bring them up at the meeting rather than sorting through who said what (we don't care about the who, only the what :p) - if you can't remember what was said then it probably wasn't important...

As for the e-mails from various vendors, bring them along :D If you don't want to print them out, then send them to me and I'll print them for you ^^" Very helpful they are, but not exactly a reason to bring a big arse computer along xD

EDIT: Lolmic :p

Anyway what documents were there??? Remember I'm not technically a part of the committee :p

Pete278

Smash Lord
MSN Logs aren't fun to deal with - not only are they rarely filled with intelligent conversation they are unorganised and not conducive to an efficient environment which is clearly what we need to get things done... If there are things said in the logs that are of amazing importance, bring them up at the meeting rather than sorting through who said what (we don't care about the who, only the what :p) - if you can't remember what was said then it probably wasn't important...

As for the e-mails from various vendors, bring them along :D If you don't want to print them out, then send them to me and I'll print them for you ^^" Very helpful they are, but not exactly a reason to bring a big arse computer along xD

EDIT: Lolmic :p

Anyway what documents were there??? Remember I'm not technically a part of the committee :p
Its a laptop, how the hell is it a big *** computer? :p

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Pen and paper is fine_ As Jesse said, no distractions_ This is pretty much the main reason i still take my notes this way at uni_ Also forces me to revise when it's time to file so i cover what i've already learnt and further my learning capacity_ That and we have a guy in class who is on facebook the entire class every class_ It's gotten to the point where teachers ask for laptops to be switched off in class now_

Trillest

Smash Ace
Stupid uni group decided we should meet on saturday (><) so im not gonna be available till 2 but i'll be at uwa so not far from yours jesse i'll call and see if you guys are still there (lame i wanted to be tehre to get **** done!)

Pete278

Smash Lord
I'd just have my laptop on the centre of the table recording, not in front of me or anything so it could hardly distract anyone unless they're obsessed with pretty looking sound waves.

Top Bottom