• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VSA Tampa: schedule for tomorow

OverLade

Smash Hero
brawl's been dead since it came out. It isn't competitive enough, sorry guys.
Lol Oh I know, I was referring to Melee. Eventually people who arent winning money in brawl will stop entering (as we've all seen) and people who used to be winning money will no longer be winning enough money to bother coming out so....

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
Lol Oh I know, I was referring to Melee. Eventually people who arent winning money in brawl will stop entering (as we've all seen) and people who used to be winning money will no longer be winning enough money to bother coming out so....
But when you understand this, that's when you go out to make tournaments fun by doing whatever possible, whether its screaming out random vulgarities or playing with your feet to beat your opponent.. whatever it takes to make the people keep coming back.

M@v

Subarashii!
People need to learn the unwritten rule of not hosting a tourney in the reigon on the same day some else already announced one

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Brawl will be fine... That was sarcasm, lol.

no one quit melee when they couldn't win I feel like brawl is similar. Plus there are always new faces popping up to keep things new and fresh. If y'all wanna keep making that cash it up to us to make people want to come back, and make the tourney experience a good one win or lose.

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman
ok first and formost...smash had a good tonry run...but people started see how smash is a little kid game compared to tvc or sf....i think if smash wants to be a top torney game thet need to take out all the chars. and make some new lookin chars....for example....lets say instead of netendo chars like dk and mario what if they were gilty gear chars or street fighter chars...but kept the same play style as melee...the only thing that is holdin the game back from maturein is the chars. srry to say...i love the nentendo chars. dont get me but come on now the only chars that look matrue is like snake.....lol....

now tell me which would u play?

melee
mario- same exact mario in melee

or

ryu- exactly like mario in melee so pretty much a different txtr...and moves...
up-b..his upper cut
down-b.his leg spinin thing
b-his hodoken
side-b.a power punch or something....

Renth

Smash Hero
If people are that naive that they won't take a game seriously because of the characters they need to open their eyes a little bit.

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman
im srry im jus speakin the truth....im not the type to judge a book by its cover..but alot of ppl do...jus imagine ur fav. anime, video game and have there fighters on melee play style...think bout lets say marvel vs capcom in example...they have alot of fighters in their roster. and jus put them in melee and take out the nentendo chars...

me and mampam were talkin
me-y dont u play melee it so much better than brawl
mampam-becuz brawl has the fighters i like

if this wasnt true than snake's ryu txtr wouldnet be the most dl txtr out of every other chars txtr.....

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
Considering Tekken 6 isn't as popular as Street Fighter 4 I would have to disagree with you, sYm. There are so many more factors involved than just the characters, its just a matter of opinion.

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman
Considering Tekken 6 isn't as popular as Street Fighter 4 I would have to disagree with you, sYm. There are so many more factors involved than just the characters, its just a matter of opinion.
give me more details...i think the chars hold smash back alot....i think they game play is close to perfect..the wave landing and wave dashin l-cancelin is mos deff aspects of the game that make it different....and different is what ppl want...seriously if u never played smash befor and u played alot of tekken, street fighter or guilty gear...and u see a lil pink ball (jiggs) vs another pink ball (jiggs again) would u be intrested in playin????

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
im not goin to lie to u bread beefy in melee isnt that good....but brawl he pretty goooooooood real talk
i know i was asking for brawl i dont play GnW in melee

i only play GnW in brawl as well as olimar pit and snake (kinda)

melee is all about falcon ganon pika mewtwo and the links

64s all about ness falcon and the mario bros

brawl+ is all about wolf and d3 (until i play the next codeset that is)

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
Naw it's not just that, it's also that I'm not as good as I was and I don't have the same interest in the game as I used to. If I go it might be my last tourny

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
bread it would be a privledge to team with you
Beefy I'm not tryin to dis, but I been practicin with buddys and I can make my comeback, from what I see is that you don't care bout brawl to much. I'd like to team with some1 around my skill so we could get pretty far. Yuh dig brah?

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman
see this is another reason y im quitin...jus cuz some ppl dont show up dont me its gay now....thats tampas problem we quit to fast...real talk if u live in tampa bay there should not be a reason to attend this unless ur out of state or ur doin some thing important...and if u say than i wont have money for noob1 than start grindin make that money wash ur parents car or sumthing

Top Bottom