• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VSA Tampa: schedule for tomorow

M@v

Subarashii!
Look, I know I over-reacted, but this is still not cool =/. I put in to get off the 27th, hopefully I get it. If not, oh well. But even though I over-reacted, this was a terrible TO move. I don't mean to sound like an ***, but changing the date of a tourney a mere week before it happens is on the most part a bad idea. People make plans, and some people have to make arrangements weeks in advance. So doing something like this is a huge slap in the face.

-!-

Smash Lord
Here we go again, the 3rd date now??? This is a bad move just a lil' more then a week away, since the other tournament had been official for a while back this SHOULD of been pushed back to begin with or arrange something between the two TOs instead of thinking it wouldn't get affected at all.... it always does. Though this new date may give us a better chance at making it, idk yet.

I feel for those that where set and done, hopefully this doesn't affect the turnout much... in the end :(

-!-

PolMex23

Smash Champion
this was a great move. Noob1 killed the 20th date.

So psyched people stop *****ing it was the best TO move ive seen in a while

M@v

Subarashii!
Not looking good for me. I'm on the "waiting list" for the day off, which means there isn't an opening but one might open. I'll know for sure on Sunday.

-!-

Smash Lord
All I'm saying is that this could of being evaded easily, in my situation I don't mind this being pushed back or not it's w/e since I won't know for sure if I'll come till like week of.

-!-

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman
so i think this should be canceled.....no body is gonna show up cuz either ppl took off work for the 1st date or ppl made plans (like me) the followin weekend....its bad to have toreny after torney.....

so now my question is who is goin to this????

polmex u POS u never pick up ur phone how r u goin to noob1??? did u get ur new car???

OverLade

Smash Hero
so i think this should be canceled.....no body is gonna show up cuz either ppl took off work for the 1st date or ppl made plans (like me) the followin weekend....its bad to have toreny after torney.....

polmex u POS u never pick up ur phone how r u goin to noob1??? did u get ur new car???
Are you kidding? People are def coming...

How are you gonna try and de-hype this? Plenty of tampa locals alone are coming. This will no doubt be a legit tourney ;)

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yo Gabe you posted like 4 times in a row lol. N Polmex got a new car he told me.

Lots of people are coming to this, just not people who normally go to your fests. Ganja/Charles/Crush/C.J./Aglow/MikeLorenzo/Ed/Mampam/Me/Tong/Veggi/Ifudge/more people from play n trade. Brawl attendance will def be legit and Melee shouldnt be bad either.

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman
ok you jus proved me wrong thanks for that....seriously....welll imma be goin away wit the gf on this date sooo......but its in the air that either we goin away 27th or the 6th which means i have to move my fest the followin wee ill let ya no tho

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Yo Gabe you posted like 4 times in a row lol. N Polmex got a new car he told me.

Lots of people are coming to this, just not people who normally go to your fests. Ganja/Charles/Crush/C.J./Aglow/MikeLorenzo/Ed/Mampam/Me/Tong/Veggi/Ifudge/HeroMystic more people from play n trade. Brawl attendance will def be legit and Melee shouldnt be bad either.
Rawr.

10meows.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
btw, the date change doesn't affect me much, but for future reference you'd want to do it sooner and claim the date spot indefinitely so people won't interfere with the attendance.

As M@V said, people make plans, monthly ones. People have work and they have to set their days off work early so they don't get put on waiting lists or outright told no because they need to fill a spot. If there's last-minute interference then you either need to bite the bullet or check with your audience to see if they'd be fine with a date move.

I was personally looking forward to Feb 20th, and I can't go to any other tournament on that day. I don't have my own car and my parents are going on vacation for their anniversary, so this was kind of a low-blow for me.

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman
hero where do u live my ***....if i come back in time ill scoop u up for noob1 im not spendin the night...but polmex drives also ask him....he drives a 91 lincon he can fit 3 ppl in front includin him self and 4-5 in the back np....trust me i had 4 ppl in the back of my car and mmoney was one...

redhal-u said alot of ppl will attend this...jus the ppl u said will be there i think....cuz u got noob1,vsa than wato torney.....and since its tampa ppl will be like im not goin to vsa so then i can goto wato...i could be wrong wrong but its jus my way of thinkin.....if u lived in orlando and u went to noob1 would u goto both vsa tampa and wato????un wonderin

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
So, this move is officially the best thing ever. I just missed online registration, but I will definately be there. I'm really pumped.

Also looking for a doubles partner. Looking at you Lade and Ed --- although you're probably both set in that sense. My cg's have gotten pretty sick.

Not that those sadist, summit-groping children have a place in doubles.

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman
beefy u talk fast than u think....at the begin u dont jus jump into a torney...goin to torneys is how u get better...but when u no the basic...its like jumpin into algabra and not noin why 1+1=2.....if u wanna get good in melee call up some of the locals and ask them to play im tellin u, u will get good...

beefy dont get mad i love u bro...

dont take advice from beefy..beefys biggest problem is he is readin to much...match ups, counter picks, etc... im not say all that info is wrong but its out in the open which means a chars that has a advantage over another now see's his only weakness against that char and now will be aware....you need to play ur own way...dont pay attention to match ups....they only go as far as the player.....bumb dk vs m2k fox......or taj m2 vs "top tiers"...and look u no them cuz they play low or mid tier chars...if tiers were real the worse fox will beat the best m2........and it all comes back to the basics...hero ill train u if ur intrested....trust me ill make u good..

M@v

Subarashii!
Hey guys, I got off the 27th, so I'm still going to this! :D so happy right now. I'm going to bring a wii and my recorder. Also, accepting mms :) did I mention I'm really happy right now? ^_^

Top Bottom