• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VOTING PHASE #8 ON TOP 5'S!!!- A Player List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
May the power of inui have mercy upon all of us as we tremble in fear

Mr-R

Smash Champion
you and glutonny/aqua/random ddd from france/manko/zulu/bjay kthnxbye

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Best Euro peach > best US peach, I think that can be confirmed. (Marc, a Dutch MK player beat Mikey Lenetia, while I'm 100% sure Marc would get 2/3 stocked by Leon.
You sir, have absolutely no idea what you are talking about regarding this subject. That can be confirmed.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
How about a European Smasher just go ahead and make a top 5 character thread?

Right now this thread is just getting cluttered with posts that don't pertain to the OP.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The more people you have, the better you are. Good logic. It's not true, so no America > EU. Okay, it's true that we don't have enough players to keep up, but remember that you guys play the game longer. And there are a lot of people here getting better and better. While a lot of people in the US start quitting..

Maybe we do, maybe we don't. You say everythign with "I think". Thus you're not sure. No one will ever be sure 'till everyone plays eachother offline, like I said before. So America doesn't have nor ever will have the right to call themself the best.
So....

PLAYING GAME LONGER

HAVING MORE TOP PLAYERS

????

Do I need to say more. In this post, you kinda admit "Ok, Europe probably behind in the metagame, and probably has less players that are good." Good game gentlemen, I will gladly accept your handshake of defeat in person.

As for top characters, IDK. I think a safe bet is America has roughly 65-70% of the top players for each character overall (so roughly 3 or 4 spots on average would probably be populated by American players). Marth for example, sure Mr R could make the list, but who would be around him? 4 American players probably. Wario? Same. IC's? Maybe half half. MK? Lol don't even get me started Top 5 is probably exclusively America if only because of the number of people M2K has personally trained or helped. I can accept Europe being on the list where it is justified, and America doesn't give you enough credit, but some of you guys be thinking that you will dominate character spots when you might have only 1-2 spots for any given character.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Best Euro peach > best US peach, I think that can be confirmed. (Marc, a Dutch MK player beat Mikey Lenetia, while I'm 100% sure Marc would get 2/3 stocked by Leon.
Where did you get that idea? Marc and I were in the same pools, TWICE, and I beat him in a set, twice. In fact, the second set was not as close as the first. So, I don't understand where this all came from.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
This doesn't even begin to make sense.
Mikey Lenetia does not claim to be the best US Peach.
Mikey Lenetia beat Marc. In both Melee and Brawl.

So, I have no idea where you're getting your information. Any part of it.

Laem

Smash Champion
ASSUMING jumpman spoke truth:
A beats B
B beats C
B is (according to american standards) a terrible player >
A beats C
wouldn't that justify inui logic?

Also, I thought the better player was partly defined by who wins between the two in a 1v1, and moreso by who both players can or can't beat in their surroundings.

Just some pro-Jumpman arguments.

Although ML himself and Ankoku call shenanigans, his entire post is flawed anyway.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Does Europe have any good Ike players besides Rydle?

Death_Alex ( a lucario player) got 1st at the only big low tiers tourney we've had ( april 2010) going only Ike while rydle got 4th. I'd still say Rydle is better overall.

Anyways Rydle mains MK now and sometimes uses chars in tourney like falco, ICs, DDD.. but not much Ike, so there's no good ike main in europe now xD

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
There is currently no best Peach. Well, there might be one, we just don't know yet. Leon is competing, that's for sure, but you can't forget other Peaches such as Mikey Lenetia, Praxis, Djudjo and possibly the popular Kyon.

:052:

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Oy Ankoku, I never even played Mikey Lenetia in Melee. :S He did beat me in Brawl (close first set, more easily second set) and was the best Brawl Peach at Pound. If he's the best American Peach period then Leon might be better, but I've also never played Leon. >_> Why are you guys discussing this when you need to play Melee? :p

The US will always have a larger number of decent/good players because they have a larger number of players and more events. Europe is probably relatively better in Melee because of a better good:bad players ratio, but I'm not so sure about Brawl. K@0S, Ramin etc are no joke though, they can definitely hang with the good Americans.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sorry, one of my friends had gotten a player matchup in both Brawl and Melee, but I guess it wasn't Mikey. My bad on that one.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It wasn't necessarily against another European. It was just between a friend and someone, in both Brawl and Melee.

ilymoar

Smash Rookie
if its not metaknight or some other top queer it doesnt really matter whos the best one

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I see, Ankoku.

This thread is dangerously close to getting locked because of all the America vs Europe bull**** (both ways). Be warned.

Pep1to

Smash Journeyman
I dunno why every thread about good players/top 5 etcs ends in eu and usa flaming each other.
U guys should really take this more seriously.

PD: I love the mods here, they leave the pic of the guy insulting Europe but takes away the european one defending himself and gives eus infractions.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I got rid of the second image because it was gigantic. Both posts were infracted. I left source images as reference to why they were infracted.

But now that I look at it again I notice it has a censored word.

Also closing this thread because things haven't improved in the entire last page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom