• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VOTING PHASE #8 ON TOP 5'S!!!- A Player List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayoub

Smash Ace
Ok but follow me on this one.

The more top players you have, the better you are. Would you agree with that or not? Cause if that is true, then America > EU. Even if you have a few guys that can match up with some of our best, you don't have the sheer number to keep up. Maybe not even at a non top but just under top professional level.

The few good guys you have, yes I think they can do fine against some of our good guys (good being top players). But I don't think you have players on the same level as Ally or M2K, and below that Super Top Level, America probably has at least a few more top and high level players than you guys.
The more people you have, the better you are. Good logic. It's not true, so no America > EU. Okay, it's true that we don't have enough players to keep up, but remember that you guys play the game longer. And there are a lot of people here getting better and better. While a lot of people in the US start quitting..

Maybe we do, maybe we don't. You say everythign with "I think". Thus you're not sure. No one will ever be sure 'till everyone plays eachother offline, like I said before. So America doesn't have nor ever will have the right to call themself the best.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Nikenick and i will represent all of europe

**** yeah
We're ****ing doomed.

Ok but follow me on this one.

The more top players you have, the better you are. Would you agree with that or not? Cause if that is true, then America > EU. Even if you have a few guys that can match up with some of our best, you don't have the sheer number to keep up. Maybe not even at a non top but just under top professional level.

The few good guys you have, yes I think they can do fine against some of our good guys (good being top players). But I don't think you have players on the same level as Ally or M2K, and below that Super Top Level, America probably has at least a few more top and high level players than you guys.
While I agree with you that we have no players on the same level as M2k or Ally yet, you do have to see Europe for what it is. The Netherlands fits into Texas 10 times, France is just bigger than Texas and Spain is smaller still. These are the 3 best communities as of now, and they combine for a good 2 states in the US. Europe has 400 Brawl players maximum. At least 300 of which are randoms. And this is over the entirety of Europe, we simply don't have the resources you guys do.

Ayoub

Smash Ace
i cant believe my post generated 7 pages of eu vs us so far
i love you guys <3
We love you too.

Mic_128 - That's a better idea.
Seperate top 5 of US, and top 5 of EU for each character.

And stop with the "best in the world" thing, only Ally and M2K are allowed to say that.

You don't want this left open? This thread is hilarious. But Where's the OP I wonder? Probably hiding and laughing his *** off at the stand-off he's created.
Oh, the banter is definatly hilarious, however, the original concept of this thread is not appealing to me, as I said multiple times before.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
@ KillerJawz.

I think the original idea of the thread was worth having a go at, but the execution was definitely lacking. As it stands, it will be near impossible to get fair, unbiased opinions and votes about who deserves to be under what character. As has been mentioned before, Europeans don't stand a chance in hell, but that's not all, the voting method is clearly flawed; many posters are obviously unsure of their votes and have been heavily influenced by the votes of others. Regional and personal bias is rampant like the Black Death of 1348.

I saw this thread in the early days and figured something like this would happen eventually, I cannot blame you for being unenthusiastic about this kind of discussion. I'm not sure how one would go about attempting to make things more fair, maybe some new rules and guidelines are in order? All I know is, how things are now, this thread isn't much more than one massive war bait.

@ Ayoub.

OMG it's Ayoub!!! Pro Pit ^____^

@ S1-14.

Shi- it's S1-14!! Pro Ness!!! :3

@ KillerJawz.

I think the original idea of the thread was worth having a go at, but the execution was definitely lacking. As it stands, it will be near impossible to get fair, unbiased opinions and votes about who deserves to be under what character. As has been mentioned before, Europeans don't stand a chance in hell, but that's not all, the voting method is clearly flawed; many posters are obviously unsure of their votes and have been heavily influenced by the votes of others. Regional and personal bias is rampant like the Black Death of 1348.

I saw this thread in the early days and figured something like this would happen eventually, I cannot blame you for being unenthusiastic about this kind of discussion. I'm not sure how one would go about attempting to make things more fair, maybe some new rules and guidelines are in order? All I know is, how things are now, this thread isn't much more than one massive war bait.
I believe that regardless of what the thread's original poster's intentions were (which are clearly stated in the OP, but nobody seems to have noticed) this thread was always going to turn out like this. You are correct in the sense that region bias determines the placement of these players within their specific character section, however, when you're in a board that consists of mostly Americans, they will obviously be favoured, there is no doubt about it, this is why I felt so unenthusiastic about this thread in the first place. That example you gave was pretty dead on tbh O.o.

To make things fairer, Ayoub's suggestion was dead on. 5 for Europe, 5 for America. This way, there is no need to compete with each region and everybody can stay happy whilst debating things purely to do with the characters, and providing evidence and so forth. This war fest has been recent, go back a few pages further and you'll find a spam fest
I will not lie, I was involved, it was to funny to pass up

<3

Flayl

Smash Hero
I really doubt there are 5 top players for each character in europe. Remember what Tiersie said about the best countries fitting all in 2 states?

Ayoub

Smash Ace
I really doubt there are 5 top players for each character in europe. Remember what Tiersie said about the best countries fitting all in 2 states?
Well, maybe top 3. But you guys also have only 1 name under Zelda / Jiggly / Falcon, while having 8 under Ike. We can do this too. =D

Mr-R

Smash Champion
this thread went from AMERICA VS AMERICA to AMERICA VS EUROPE to EUROPE VS EUROPE.
lmfao

Flayl

Smash Hero
Dude, I'm from Portugal lol.

I'd go with:
- Top 5 North America (4 for low tiers)
- Top 3 Europe (2 for low tiers)
- Best in Australia
- Best in Japan
- Best in South America

Cuz let's face it, being the third best of a character that barely exists in the metagame isn't much of an accomplishment.

edit: Also, if you don't play the character in tournaments, you shouldn't be on the list. IMO.

It really depends how popular the character is for low tier, however saying that, I cannot even think of three people for every low tier character tbh :/

So yeah ^what Flayl said.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You don't want this left open? This thread is hilarious. But Where's the OP I wonder? Probably hiding and laughing his *** off at the stand-off he's created.
I posted here cuz Ixis posted
HAI IXIS <3

Also, @ CO18, it sounds a lot better in dutch D:
Gooi jezelf weg x3

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
I'm going to have to side with Flayl. His suggested method will at least douse the flames of this debacle and make things a bit more reasonable.

EDIT: It's Xonar!!!!

Ayoub

Smash Ace
Dude, I'm from Portugal lol.

I'd go with:
- Top 5 USA (4 for low tiers)
- Top 3 Europe (2 for low tiers)
- Best in Australia
- Best in Japan

Cuz let's face it, being the third best of a character that barely exists in the metagame isn't much of an accomplishment.

edit: Also, if you don't play the character in tournaments, you shouldn't be on the list. IMO.
Oh, lol, sorry. xD

Good idea.

Mr. R - Lol no, I tought Flayl was from America. So no EU vs EU really.

Ixis - OMG, best Bowser. <3

Yaaay - Yourself. <3

Flayl

Smash Hero
I actually meant North America instead of USA, sorry KingKong. Also I forgot Brazil (South America) =(

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
And Africa. xD
Lol if we're including African Smashers then how about Korea. Brawl was released their just the other day. No lies. Then again I guess they've got at least 2 years of catching up to the standard metagame so I guess they can be left out for now :chuckle:

Lol if we're including African Smashers then how about Korea. Brawl was released their just the other day. No lies. Then again I guess they've got at least 2 years of catching up to the standard metagame so I guess they can be left out for now :chuckle:
I am simply going to assume that Korean's imported the game from the US .... something which we should have done -_-

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Best Euro peach > best US peach, I think that can be confirmed. (Marc, a Dutch MK player beat Mikey Lenetia, while I'm 100% sure Marc would get 2/3 stocked by Leon.

Best Euro peach > best US peach, I think that can be confirmed. (Marc, a Dutch MK player beat Mikey Lenetia, while I'm 100% sure Marc would get 2/3 stocked by Leon.
Whilst Leon may be amazing, we have to also take note of the talent displayed from players like Praxis, who are also superb. Do I sense some Inui logic approaching :/?

DMG WHERE YOU AT?

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Quick question(s): What happens in the future, long after voting has ended? What's the OP's plan (if he or she has one at present) for when more talented players arrive, rivalling the skill level of those already on the list, and what happens when veterans who are already listed quit and stop playing? Something tells me we'll eventually go with another full voting phase and make it a yearly or half-yearly habit.

Well, that is pretty dependant on what happens with the first one because we cannot actually detemine the outcome or due dates of future lists if we can't even COMPLETE the first one. If the first one turns out successful, I reckon there should be perhaps a 4-6 month wait until the next cycle has begun, that way we can clear off any dead players and get the fresh ones in.

Did you mean after the European/American split or during the one now?

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
I meant during the one now. We don't even know if the OP will even accept Flayl's method of voting (though he/she should). I agree though, that future plans shouldn't be finalized until we actually do (through some miracle) get round to finishing this first wave of voting.

Well, the OP has been extremely inactive as of late, we are on Phase #8, when we should actually be on like, Phase #14 :/

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I think there could be a top 5 for some of the chars for example

marth: Mr.R, bjay, leon, trio3, borja
falco: gregs, manko, kira, foturan,me
diddy: istudying, koukin, neji, joannett, luigi_player

though there are few that can be like that xD

@yaaay: other pretty good peaches are M-D (inactive) and Hikotsu from spain. Hikotsu 2-0ed aqua in the same tourney aqua sent leon to LB, INUI LOGIC power, hikotsu is best peach lolol

also rofl at koreans getting brawl now xD I've been playing since japanase release as most people here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom