• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VOTING PHASE #8 ON TOP 5'S!!!- A Player List

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
And the votes are in! We will continue the process with Donkey Kong, Peach, and Fox. Below you can find the method for assigning rank based on votes. I will go ahead and update Rob, Zero Suit Samus, and Toon Link. I've also decided to put the point distribution as the votes go on so you can see how things are swaying. Remember, 1st place gets 5 points, 2nd gets 4 and so on.

Voting System: My method for determining the players rank in relation to each other is quite simple. You individuals are voting based on top five, so, in order to determine what player should rank up where, I used a point based system for the votes. When someone votes, for example, M2K for first place, he receives 5 points. When someone votes Tyrant for second place, he receives 4 votes. 3rd place gets 3, 4th gets 2, and 5th gets one point. This I believe will provide accuracy when considering the top 5. Anyone who was voted in a position past 5th place, received one vote.

Finally, future voting. I will maintain the amount of votes given to snake and metaknight players, but due to the amount of votes and the correlation they have with each other, i believe the list i have so far is accurate. If it turns out that all the sudden people are voting shadow over m2k or something along those lines, I will adjust the list accordingly, tallying and assigning points in much the same fashion as i did originally. That being said, anyone who voted for characters that we haven't gotten to yet, your votes HAVE BEEN ACCOUNTED FOR. So please, do not vote again because it will skew the results. Voting on older characters is still being maintained, so feel free to post, but keep in mind we have already reached a level agreement.
YOUR characters best players
As an aspiring SSBB player, I constantly look to find gameplay inspiration from the best of the best. When to toss that banana, when to drop that grenade, and when to swing that sword as quickly and viciously as possible. The only problem, is that I can't seem to weed out which players to watch, and which players are more likely to show me bad habits. I've tried looking at each character thread, but sometimes it is difficult to realize which of the people posting on the thread are the ones that are the most knowledge, and the most able to utilize what they preach. That being said, I've created this thread with the intention of compiling a list of the best players for each character, so that those that have already read their characters play guide and just need to see someone put it to work, have a place to get started when looking for the best players to watch.

That being said, please contribute your knowledge of tournament players that play specific characters, and I am hoping to get a top 5 list for AT LEAST the upper tiers of characters.

Alright people, following a rather good suggestion from kewkky, I will be adding the names you put up on the thread until there is a good number for at least a few characters at which point we will tackle a few characters at a time and as a group eventually narrow each list of players to somewhere between 3 and 5 players. We want the best, not the everyone. Furthermore, this list WILL be ranked in terms of best to not as best. So M2K to Ksizzle is a gradual progression downwards, for instance. Do keep in mind, these are still THE BEST players of these characters, so even if Ksizzle isn't first place in mk, he'll still whoop your ***!

Metaknight
:metaknight:
Mew2King
Tyrant
Shadow
Dojo
Ksizzle​

Snake
:snake:
Ally
Ultimate Razer
HRnut
Fatal
Candy​

Diddy Kong
:diddy:
ADHD
Gnes
Ninjalink
AlphaZealot
Dekar
Felix
(6 Diddys because voting between Dekar and Felix were really close)​

Falco
:falco:
DEHF
sk92
Kismet
Keitaro
Zen​

Ice Climbers
:popo:
Lain
Meep
Hylian
Swordgard
Kakera​

Marth
:marth:
Mikehaze
Neo
RoyR
Zex
Pierce
Kadaj
(Pierce and Kadaj tied for 5th)
Wario
:wario:
Malcolm
BlueRogue
PhantomX
Bassem
DMG
Fiction
(Fiction and Bassem tied for 3rd)​

King Dedede
:dedede:
CO18
Atomsk
Seibrik
Fogo
Coney
Pikachu
:pikachu2:
Anther
Esam
PIkaPika
Z
K prime​

Olimar
:olimar:
Logic
L Cancel
Rich Brown
Dabuz
Zori​

Lucario
:lucario:
Lee Martin
KSizzle
Zucco
Junebug
Trela​

Game and Watch
:gw:
UTD Zac
Vinnie
Kaak
Valdens
Needle of Juntah​

Pit
:pit:
Kool Aid
Masashi
Esca
Sagemoon
R@vyn​

Toon Link
:toonlink:
Jash
Chip
Hyro
Jerm
quivo​

Zero Suit Samus
:zerosuitsamus:
Nick Riddle
Snakee
Dazwa
PatG
Shlike​

Kirby
:kirby2:
ChuDat
Y.b.M.
Kewwky
MogX
Triple R
Rob
:rob:
Chibo
HolyNightmare
Stingers
Ninjalink
TeeVee
T0mmy​

Donkey Kong
:dk2:
Bum
Cable
Ripple
Will
Ook
CBK​

Peach
:peach:
D.Pch
Excel_Zero
Praxis
mikey Lenetia
Europe- Leon
Kosmos
Kyon
Sky​

Fox
:fox:
TKD
Rookie
Zeton
Samboner​

Luigi
:luigi2:
Boss
BigLou
YoshQ
Jband​

Wolf
:wolf:
Camamon
Kain
JJWolf
Jumpman​

Shiek
:shiek:
Light
Neo
Billy
Pokemon Trainer
:pt:
Reflex
Typh
Sonic
:sonic:
Wes
SonicMaster5
Espy
X
Mr. 3000
Shugo
Ness
:ness2:
Shaky
FOW
Smash64​

Bowser
:bowser2:
Vex
Europe- Ixis
Sliq
Serg​

Lucas
:lucas:
Pink Fresh
Oats​

Ike
:ike:
San
Red-X
Renegade
Mr.Doom
Kirk
Kimchi
Bored
Galeon​

Yoshi
:yoshi2:
Fingerpass
Deltacod
Bigman
HadesBlade
Yosh​

Mario
:mario2:
Vato_Break
Bo
x7
Famous
Boss
Europe-Irios
KirinBlaze​

Captain Falcon
:falcon:
Ally​

Samus
:samus2:
Xyro
Tudor
NOIdea
Europe- Killerjawz​

Jigglypuff
:jigglypuff:
Jigglymaster​

Zelda
:zelda:
DarkMusician​

Link
:link2:
Izaw
Deva
Legan​

Ganon
:ganondorf:
DLA
Ray Kalm​

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
A great place to start is here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=185253

Everyone who has a video/has their name in there is a very good player who has proven their worth in a way or another. You could start by searching their names in youtube. Another, better way to do it is to go to each character forum and ask for the best players, or to get linked to the best videos. Attempting to make a shortcut to this information shouldn't be your first stunt, more like when you get bored of looking for the top players from board to board... No offense though, a list of the best players for each character would be welcome I'm sure (top 3 universally-agreed players for each character, at least! :D).

If by tomorrow this thread is still alive, I'll give you player names for all characters in the roster. A single person per character most probably, though.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
I entirely understand what you're saying. Personally, I know what I want to know about the players of my characters, I just thought it would be useful for people trying to find their footing. I will go ahead and find what I can, I just didn't want to start adding names and have people be in huge disagreement over it or something. I'm reallying looking for the elite of the elite of the elite.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Meta Knight: Mew2King
Snake: Ally
Diddy Kong: ADHD
Falco: DEHF
Ice Climbers: Lain or Meep (idk who's better)

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
M2K is the obvious number 1 for metaknight. Isn't dojo supposed to be way up there with MK's? and, what is it, tyrant? ADHD for diddy, and I believe gnes is one of the best as well. Not sure about falco or IC though. Ninja link as well, for didy right?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dojo is my favorite meta knight.
judge is a good meta knight as well.

for falco DEHF and sk92.

lain for ICs.

DoonKoon

Smash Journeyman
what about low tiers!?

Deva 4 Link!

Ray Kalm 4 Ganon!

Ally 4 Captain Falcon!

TP

Smash Master
Boss for Luigi.

Anther for Pikachu.

Twilight Prince for Ganon.

Legan for Link.

Zeton for Fox.

Kain for Wolf.

Xyro for Samus.

All of those were serious with one exception.

Rajam

Smash Champion
UTDZac for Mr. Game and Watch
Jash for Toon Link
Nick Riddle for Zero Suit Samus
Shaky for Ness
Kool Aid for Pit

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
Meta Knight: M2K, Ksizzle, Shadow, Tyrant, Dojo
Snake: Ally, Ultimate Razor, AfroThunder?
Diddy Kong: ADHD, Gnes, AlphaZealot, Ninjalink?
Falco: DEHF, Sk92... that's all I know for Falco
Ice Climbers: Lain, Meep...

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Rebaz & Ally for Captain Falcon
I personally think Ally is ALOT better than Rebaz.. he takes fundamental physics to the next level..

and I think Izaw should get best Link. Ixis for best Bowser. And Ray Kalm for best Ganon.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
MikeHAZE and NEO are two of the best Marths. Other good ones include RoyR, Kadaj..... I'm sure there's a few more.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I said I would wait till tomorrow, but I was too lazy to do nothing until then (REDUNDANCE!)... :/

MK: M2K, Dojo, Tyrant
Snake: Ally, Ultimate Razer, Anti
Diddy: ADHD, Gnes, AlphaZealot
Falco: DEHF, SK92
Ice Climbers: lain, meep
Marth: MikeHAZE, Neo, Roy_R
Wario: DMG,
DDD: CO18, Atomsk
Pikachu: Anther, PikaPika
Olimar: Logic, Pyronic Star
Lucario: Zucco, Trela, Junebug
G&W: UTD Zac
Pit: Koolaid, R@vyn
Toon Link: Jash, Chip
ZSS: NickRiddle
Kirby: ChuDat, Y.b.M
ROB: HolyNightmare, stingers
DK: Cable, Will
Peach: Edreeses, Mikey Lenetia
Fox: Rookie
Luigi: boss
Wolf: kain
Sheik: Light
Pokemon Trainer: Reflex,
Sonic: Shugo,
Ness: FOW, Smash64
Bowser: Vex
Lucas: Oats
Ike: Red-X, Renegade
Yoshi: Fingerpass
Mario: Famous
Captain Falcon: Ally
Samus: Xyro
Jigglypuff: Jigglymaster
Zelda: DarkMusician
Link: Deva, Legan
Ganondorf: Twilight Prince, Fonz

I'm missing a lot of people here, I originally said I'd put up one player per name, but for some characters I can come up with more names off the top of my head, so I just decided "what the hell". :p

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
I personally think Ally is ALOT better than Rebaz.. he takes fundamental physics to the next level..

and I think Izaw should get best Link. Ixis for best Bowser. And Ray Kalm for best Ganon.
yeah...but Rebaz has one hell of a combo video though :)

Twin_Scimitar

Smash Cadet
Second best TL is probably Hyro (Hyrulian Royalty) at this point. Chip's probably third.

Does anyone know if Z plays Pikachu/Brawl anymore? If he does he should get a mention for Pikachu.

Metaknight's going to be hard to rank, I'm not sure Dojo should be top five anymore, there's a lot of mks to fit in there. M2k and Tyrant are 1 and 2 (imo). Ksizzle is somewhere in the top five. Then you have Shadow, Judge, Dojo, Havok, and Seibrik. You could just list all of them I suppose as all of them would give pretty good reference material. Red Halberd is showing Texas who's boss as we speak as well.

Kewkky's list is pretty darn solid though, especially if we aren't too worried about 2nd vs. 3rd and so on.

Edit: Idk about Wario 1st, 2nd, etc. but Malcom should be mentioned somewhere.

DoonKoon

Smash Journeyman
twlight princess has a bad ganon.. + he doesn't even main ganon..

I personally think it should be either Fonz or Ray Kalm or DLA

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Meh, I personally think Ike players shouldn't be learning from me.
Most Ikes can learn something from you dude, if only because you play differently. >_> <_<

San for learning from for the most part, though you can still watch Kirk's older videos and learn stuff. And then after that you should watch people like Red or Bored to learn a few other things.

Heck, just avoid studying Ike videos with Inui, comboking, or Niddo/Nidtendofreak when it comes to Ikes from this board and you should be good.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
<3 is a great Sheik player to look up vids for. He's labeled as LessThanThree on Youtube, though.

TP

Smash Master
twlight princess has a bad ganon.. + he doesn't even main ganon..

I personally think it should be either Fonz or Ray Kalm or DLA
That's not my name, my Ganon is amazing (though worse than the three you mentioned), and Fonz doesn't main Ganon either.

Ray Kalm and DLA are pretty clearly the best two in some order though. Swoops may be at their level too, but he lives in the middle of nowhere so we can never be sure.

EDIT: LOL take me off the first post. Even if I was good enough to be on it, all the videos of me online are terrible and from wifi.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
lol how the hell are me and lee martin not there for lucario?

ESPECIALLY LEE. that guy is Lucario GOD at the moment

EDIT: didnt know u were ASKING for our opinions lol

but yeah me and lee are very good lucarios. lee martin is the best one....for now :)

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
btw logic and pyronic star are the same people. he used to be known as pyronic star but now likes to be called logic. the best olimars are him, dabuz, and rich brown

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Shugo hasn't played Sonic in nearly half a year.

Best Players for Sonic are X, Espy, SonicMaster5/Speed and Wes.

For Wario, Malcolm is misspelled...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom