• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread: Now in Regular Definition!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

G EFFING G

Isn't low tier with Yoshi amazingly easy? This is why I don't play Yoshi in low tier, LOL!

Good show, dude, that was awesome!

Also, WTF @ your attempted KO with through-the-tree forward air to double jump up air?! INSANITY, MAN!

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Great stuff, Furbs, owning Falcon much? :chuckle:

Did Kown counterpick RC against you? That would be dumb for a Falcon to do. Also, my Falcon is better than those 3 Falcons.

:yoshi: LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

G EFFING G

Isn't low tier with Yoshi amazingly easy? This is why I don't play Yoshi in low tier, LOL!
Goes to show that the SBR does have bias against Yoshi, he heads above everyone in low tier.

Edit: My 300th post :chuckle:, posted in a epic topic, discussing an epic amount of ownage by Furbs.

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
some of them had a bad day i think xD
but the most of them are great smashers, like mab, he´s the best Ness (at the moment) in germany ^^

bigman40

Smash Master
Jile, I suggest that you order the videos by date. It'll make things easier when people wanna watch more recent matches (they may not be colored green).

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
hey heres the deal on my combo vid

basically my friend and i (xyro) were working on my combo vid from his computer cause i don't want to buy dazzle and his computer started messing up deleting vids, freezing, ect. so i had to cancel it

fortunately i went out and bought dazzle and so im starting fresh, expect it very soon! :)
as well as a BUNCH of tasty vids from me :)

also for some reason i have a replay of me 0-deathing a meta w/o chaingrabs on rainbow cruise but everytime i try to load the replay the wii freezes can anyone help?

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Sorry I've been MIA, was out of the country again. I'm home now and should spend a bit of today working on updating the thread.

Hope to see some bitchin' new videos.

Jile, I suggest that you order the videos by date. It'll make things easier when people wanna watch more recent matches (they may not be colored green).
It's a good idea in theory, but hell if I'm going to find a date for all 300 + videos. Besides, as a general rule, the top of each player's list is newer, the bottom is older. It's just common sense if you consider how they're added.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I went to my first Tournament on Saturday, and I 2-stocked 5ive's Pikachu, hopefully that video will be up shortly. =D

The |Egg| Sniper

Smash Apprentice
My Yoshi in Action

Friendlies against Toasty. If anyone on the thread knows him, you'll know he's a ROB main. He's been looking to pick up Pikachu as well. Any comments on the vid pages themselves would be awesome =)

Oh, and some of the videos have terrible audio quality, so please mute the sound before you play >.<

Finally, I will be posting more Yoshi vids on my Youtube account, so if you're interested:
www.youtube.com/RyoKasami

Here's a few that are up right now from my account:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9zz8otpJ50&feature=channel_page
Vs. Pikachu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKXEHPR8D2E&feature=channel_page
Vs. Lucario

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ6SSVYfwPM&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miY0E4XNfZk&feature=channel_page
Vs. ROB

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Wow, that Pikachu match was really good.

Although he didn't abuse forward air from the ledge, I think it was a great general view of the matchup.

Awesome job winning it, too.

The |Egg| Sniper

Smash Apprentice
:yoshi: Wow, that Pikachu match was really good.

Although he didn't abuse forward air from the ledge, I think it was a great general view of the matchup.

Awesome job winning it, too.

If you're talking about the Pikachu, he was scared to use it because of Egg Toss's ability to set him up from the ledge. Pikachu's ability to instantly let go of the ledge makes Eggs all the more dangerous to him (lack of invulnerability frames compared to all other characters). We've played a lot, and I've been using Egg Toss as off stage pressure. He's very tricksy on the edge, so I didn't want to risk it too much >.>

Chaco

Never Logs In
where do the random Yoshi mains keep coming from, how bout cha stick around?

Also, Toasty needs to seek out Anther.

Sharky

Smash Master
Egg sniper's from way back in the melee days, though, so he's not a random main. Nice to see you back on the forums. =D

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Also, Toasty needs to seek out Anther.
I tried...he's too hot for me now, we used to be cool with talking theory and such back in the Melee days when I was a Pika main...but I hated Pika in Brawl for the longest time and I'd keep on telling Anther "oh man watching you makes me want to pick him up again"...I probably annoyed him with my repetition of that sentiment when I never actually ended up picking him up.

And then I saw Anther on the live broadcast for CoT4 and was inspired to give it a shot one more time, so what you see in the vids is my 4-day-old baby of a Pika [no Johns though, I'm just saying it's young :) I'm actually pretty proud of it and think it's better than all of the other characters I've been messing with for so long in search of a secondary]

But for real I've put in a ton of hours of friendlies in the last week or so against Egg Sniper and gahhh he picks up on my habits way better than I think of ways around his :( :( :(

And wow his Yoshi obliterated my ROB >_> [dunno if he posted those vids here yet but I know they're posted on his youtube]

Edit: to the person with my avatar, it TOTALLY tripped me out and made me think I already posted here @_@ haha...you have good taste ^_^

bigman40

Smash Master
Toasty: You need moar punishing. Pika is great in punishing small problems (as it's one of the main reasons why he can add dmg well). I won't get into too much since I'm not very well knowledgable for Pika (even though I second him >_>).

EggSniper: You can try doing a rising Dair. I've been messing around with it lately, and I've noticed that it sends the opponents downwards fairly better than a falling Dair (plus, you can get footstooled out of your own Dair). Otherwise, good match to both of you!

Chaco

Never Logs In
I tried...he's too hot for me now, we used to be cool with talking theory and such back in the Melee days when I was a Pika main...but I hated Pika in Brawl for the longest time and I'd keep on telling Anther "oh man watching you makes me want to pick him up again"...I probably annoyed him with my repetition of that sentiment when I never actually ended up picking him up.

And then I saw Anther on the live broadcast for CoT4 and was inspired to give it a shot one more time, so what you see in the vids is my 4-day-old baby of a Pika [no Johns though, I'm just saying it's young :) I'm actually pretty proud of it and think it's better than all of the other characters I've been messing with for so long in search of a secondary]

But for real I've put in a ton of hours of friendlies in the last week or so against Egg Sniper and gahhh he picks up on my habits way better than I think of ways around his :( :( :(

And wow his Yoshi obliterated my ROB >_> [dunno if he posted those vids here yet but I know they're posted on his youtube]

Edit: to the person with my avatar, it TOTALLY tripped me out and made me think I already posted here @_@ haha...you have good taste ^_^
Toasty, I've heard quite a bit about you from Mitsu. but as for secondary, I'd go with Yoshi. It's a rewarding process. Then you can have bwett dreams.

D

Deleted member

Egg sniper i remember from melee boards i believe.

Good shtuff.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
LOL "Bwett dreams" and lmao did you steal Lil B's sig or did he steal yours? or is there some secret society of Chicken Bacon Ranch Yoshis that I don't know about?

and naw Yoshi's not my style...and trust me, I mained Ness and Pika in Melee, I know ALL about the rewarding feeling of using a not-so-easy-to-use character ^_^ But thanks for the suggestion...again my Pika is very very VERY new, though I really do appreciate all the criticism you can give me.

and LOL so many of my SideB's were supposed to be thunder jolts, I was getting sloppy XD

Chaco

Never Logs In
Lol it's a Yoshi thing.

But yeah, Pika is a notch for me. I play Anthers little follower almost everyday. Like the reincarnation of Thrzie.

The |Egg| Sniper

Smash Apprentice
Toasty: You need moar punishing. Pika is great in punishing small problems (as it's one of the main reasons why he can add dmg well). I won't get into too much since I'm not very well knowledgable for Pika (even though I second him >_>).

EggSniper: You can try doing a rising Dair. I've been messing around with it lately, and I've noticed that it sends the opponents downwards fairly better than a falling Dair (plus, you can get footstooled out of your own Dair). Otherwise, good match to both of you!
Seems kind of scary, but I'll give them a shot n_n

For some reason, I've had you on my buddy list. I suppose you were one of the Yoshi mains from Melee days as well? Heard your name as I was getting back on the boards =)

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
You did a good job of baiting and punishing air dodges, either by charging smashes while the ROB was coming back down, or by throwing eggs (like for the last kill in match 15). Nice canceling of double jump into egg lay to dodge lasers (and eat ROB), too.

I also thought you were too aggressive going off the edge, esp. in match 16. It's easy to look at your last death in that match, but you had close calls at 2:08, 2:25, and 3:29 in match 16, and you got killed at 3:12 in match 16 and at 1:15 in match 17. All when you went off the edge to chase ROB while he was recovering.

Also, at 3:10 in match 15, when the egg lay was canceled, you have a free 30 frames to do whatever you want. Something to remember.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Bwett, that one with the epic ending....needs to be turned into a sig. That was pretty great.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Top Bottom