• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread: Now in Regular Definition!

Bwett

Smash Ace
Against G&W and Marth, I consider that kind of gameplay the few ways to actually win and be safe. It's difficult to spam eggs, so eggs must be placed carefully, and the only safe moves are usmash, uair, and pivot grab given the conditions. You have to run, remain the spacing, force them to approach, and punish their lag from whiffing.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm slowly falling in love with your edge game Bwett. It's do much different than Yoshi's, and provides a lot more options.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Against G&W and Marth, I consider that kind of gameplay the few ways to actually win and be safe. It's difficult to spam eggs, so eggs must be placed carefully, and the only safe moves are usmash, uair, and pivot grab given the conditions. You have to run, remain the spacing, force them to approach, and punish their lag from whiffing.
What was that, Bwett? Did you just say that you are always running away? lololol

@everyone else: It is an inside joke. :)

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'll have videos up soon.

Do matches of you losing count? I have Doubles matches where I lost... but critique would be appreciated.

Up to you guys. :yoshi:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I have quite a few matches from a couple of tournaments a week ago.

vs. verycoolguy:

Poltergust vs. Peach 1
Poltergust vs. Peach 2
Poltergust vs. Peach 3

vs. DC:

Poltergust vs. Kirby 1
Poltergust vs. Kirby 2
Poltergust vs. Kirby 3
Poltergust vs. Kirby 4
Poltergust vs. Kirby 5
Poltergust vs. Kirby 6

vs. Chaz (matches 1 & 3 didn't get recorded):

Poltergust vs. Marth 1 (2nd match, I lost the 1st match)
Poltergust vs. Marth 2 (4th match, I won the 3rd match)
Poltergust vs. Meta Knight 1

I know it's a lot, but please watch them. =)

auroreon

Smash Ace
I have more videos. ;]

Me(Yoshi) VS. LiGHT(Snake)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC_9mBglagU&feature=channel_page

^ I love this video.

Me(Yoshi) VS. MetaKnight(LiGHT)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SmaNnFKm54&feature=channel_page

^ I know I could've played better. I was too eager, and anxious for the video to be under 3:00, leading to a lot of unwise decisions and playstyles. I still won though lol.
Dude, hack your Wii. I didn't know there was anyone left not using homebrew.
That way u dont have to worry about silly 3 minute limits and u can even have ur names appear in replays. As well as many other wonderful and exiting things.

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
I have more videos. ;]

Me(Yoshi) VS. LiGHT(Snake)

^ I love this video.

Me(Yoshi) VS. MetaKnight(LiGHT)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SmaNnFKm54&feature=channel_page

^ I know I could've played better. I was too eager, and anxious for the video to be under 3:00, leading to a lot of unwise decisions and playstyles. I still won though lol.
Just watched the MK fight, Great job on the win, kinda curious on why you chose to immediatly throw MK instead of chain grab -> upsmash him. Whatever the case, gratz on the win.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
just posting to say nica's Yoshi is O:IWH$:IO@!H$@!Y$E(*!@B cking epic.

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
/facepalm/ ...I'm really not good... At all. Check out some other Yoshi vids, especially Bwett or GreenAce, they wreck my ****.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Pretty hard to hack when you don't have Internet, let alone a computer. ;[

Also, removed the MetaKnight video. Scrubby match is scrubby.

.Marik

is a social misfit
What is this.....I don't even......DOES NOT COMPUTE!!!!!!! *explodes*
:(

I don't have a computer. I don't see what's so astonishing about that. I'm a poor child living in a foster home.

I go to the library in order to access a computer...

Not everyone is filthy rich and spoiled, you know. 1 billion people live in poverty.

Anyways, I have a new video. It's Doubles friendlies, but the second video is me as Ike, not Yoshi. Maybe someone could edit it out if they like? The first and third match, I'm Yoshi. 2-stocking ur proz. =)

Just like the Snake video, it makes my Yoshi seem impressive. I did pretty well in these matches, I think.

First Match: Player 1: MetaKnight (LiGHT) Player 2: Yoshi (MarikYoshi) Player 3: Mr.Game And Watch (LKP) Player 4: Ice Climbers (Dimmy)

Second Match: Player 1: Mr. Game And Watch (LiGHT) Player 2: Blue Ike (MarikYoshi) Player 3: Luigi (LKP) Player 4: Green Ike (Dimmy)

Third Match: Player 1: MetaKnight (LiGHT) Player 2: Yoshi (MarikYoshi) Player 3: Snake (LKP) Player 4: King Dedede (Dimmy)

For all these matches, me and LKP are Blue Team. Dimmy and LiGHT are Green Team. Friendly Fire is on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wGsWOGoDgY&feature=channel_page

*Edit*

Scarlet Jile, you haven't added the match of me 2-stocking Snake yet...

Yoshi VS. Snake.*

LiGHT*

bigman40

Smash Master
:(

I don't have a computer. I don't see what's so astonishing about that. I'm a poor child living in a foster home.

I go to the library in order to access a computer...

Not everyone is filthy rich and spoiled, you know. 1 billion people live in poverty.
It was a joke.....I know everyone isn't filthy rich and spoiled (I would say that I'm in the middle of the economy), but I don't mean to step on people's feelings when I make posts like that. Sorry if I had made any offense.

.Marik

is a social misfit
It was a joke.....I know everyone isn't filthy rich and spoiled (I would say that I'm in the middle of the economy), but I don't mean to step on people's feelings when I make posts like that. Sorry if I had made any offense.
Naw, it's allright. I'm not offended. I knew it was a joke, but I was merely stating.

Besides, I could never stay angry at the legendary Yoshi mainer that is Scatz. =)

bigman40

Smash Master
Naw, it's allright. I'm not offended. I knew it was a joke, but I was merely stating.

Besides, I could never stay angry at the legendary Yoshi mainer that is Scatz. =)
Well, seeing as how you have to go to the library to use a computer, it's still possible that you can hack (the difference would be the you would need to go there when you need to change things on your SD card, if you have one). If you have anything that can read a SD card on the computer (or anyone you know has one), then you can hack your Wii.

.Marik

is a social misfit
^ Trust me, the library computers have nothing.

No devices whatsoever installed so that I could hack.

bigman40

Smash Master
^ Trust me, the library computers have nothing.

No devices whatsoever installed so that I could hack.
Not what I mean. Library computers are meant to have nothing cause they're public. What I was saying was that if you, or someone else has a device that reads SD cards (a digital camera, SD card reader, etc.) you can use the computer to setup what you need on your SD card. The computer should have internet access (as you're on here now), and it should have USB ports (unless it's one UBER old computer). They other problem you might need to look at is if they can allow you to download what you need.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Oh.

Yeah, I need an SD Card though. And don't you need to download Homebrew Channel or something?

I've never done this before. I have no clue how to do it, as lame as that sounds. :(

bigman40

Smash Master
You would need: 1. an SD card (you can find a decent one for about 10 bucks)
2. something that can read SD cards
3. Legend of Zelda: twilight Princess (only needed for one time, so you can borrow or rent the game)

When you get that, you have to download the Homebrew application so that you can load the channel onto your Wii. There's a big guide on it in the smash workshop IIRC, but if you can't find it, I can help.

bigman40

Smash Master
There's ways to get around it. 3.4 was hacked fairly quickly after it came out. I'm positive that they'll find an answer to the newer versions.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
It's getting to be about the time where we start thinking of new hall of fame videos.

We want to make sure the hall of fame is always representative of the best Yoshi has to offer, period.

So if you want to put in a new vote, or re-vote for the same videos, now is the time to start doing so.

Top Bottom