• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread: Now in Regular Definition!

Sharky

Smash Master
scatz only found out about the spacing thing at apex (at least that's the impression I got from his reaction to my explaining it during your set with kismet), and idk if he's done anything since then, or if anyone else has.

Scatz

Smash Champion
The reason I was surprised that it worked is cause spacing from the ledge shouldn't matter considering that you'll now have frames to get from your position to the ledge. I tested the simplest spot: Yoshi being directly on top of the ledge, and it doesn't work against Falco or MK. If it is gauranteed from a specific area, then someone would need to test where the area is and how big our margin is.

Lastly, I barely do the GR on Falco cause I often mess up the timing. Kismet had forgotten about it since it was long ago that I did it.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
@Slush Thats the point though it has to be a certain distance. Not on the edge.

There's a lot of mixed answers and none of them are really clear. I'm going to a tourney today so whenever I get a free tv I'll just do it to a CPU MK on FD and upload the replay. Waitwut... Nvm I'll ask someone to choose MK and try to avoid the spike. That's probably a lot better xD

:phone:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
As long as AD gives MK invincibility earlier than Uair, sure.

Anyways, I think spacing from the ledge might help because being able to run a tiny bit before running off the stage might let us close the gap to prevent them from getting too far away. I've actually always had this belief, lol.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
@Slush Thats the point though it has to be a certain distance. Not on the edge.

There's a lot of mixed answers and none of them are really clear. I'm going to a tourney today so whenever I get a free tv I'll just do it to a CPU MK on FD and upload the replay. Waitwut... Nvm I'll ask someone to choose MK and try to avoid the spike. That's probably a lot better xD

Wait... Meta Knight?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You know what i DO want tested, I wanna know if the GR > fair on the ledge of Lylat is guaranteed if we release Falco while the ledge is tilting down, I have a feeling that's guaranteed. Btw, I mean while the ledge is in the process of moving downwards.

D

Deleted member

Thats the crappiest yoshi ive ever seen.
You arent even using yoshi!

Sharky

Smash Master
before I get into the issues, I will say that I did see some fairly adorable stuff, swei. Once you rid of a few things you'll be really solid. Saw some nice dash grab spacing, a few jab mix-ups (jab to dash grab to punish the roll? I like. XD ), and every now and then some other solid mix-ups. It's a good start, for sure.

that said, stop airdodging so much, spotdodge less, stop moving towards the opponent after every hit, and stop using fair so much to approach. Try nairing through more of his quick small knock back stuff rather than airdodging to the ground, and don't be afraid to back off and reset a situation if it gets hairy.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Could I have some critique plz? :D
The link wont work, so look for "yoshi (nikes) vs sheik (apollo) 2"
^ This was before I learnt to DI etc (probs a month ago XD), but the same thing would still happen next time I face this guy so halp plz? :]

Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXFAsrGeK9I < A recent game

Scatz

Smash Champion
Quick critique before I sleep. I'll see if I can't do a better one later on.

Stop mashing your controller to get moves out. They don't come out any faster that way.

Understand when and where to use moves during matches. Best way to start that is to learn to think throughout your matches (you'll be slower naturally), then learn to place those reactions/methods/w/e into muscle memory so that all you need is a audio/visual cue to make it happen.

Learn to react to movements and attacks. Whiff punishing is crucial to any fighting game.

On a positive note: You were showing that you were trying to think around mid match (2nd stock). Yet, in certain situations, you panicked and mashed A (jab), Cstick (Dsmash), or w/e else to get them out of that position. Don't do that. (if you want, I can explain why later)

Sleepy, so I'll get to it another time unles this is good for you.

Swei, I'll do you also when I get the chance. Ya'll gonna see bricks getting **** out from notes/comments about your play.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Cheers for the feedback Scatz, very appreciated :) Which video were you critiquing by the way? Oh, I should've mentioned, the second video was a wifi match, a jittery one at that, so jabs and Dsmash seemed like the most reliable thing to do then. Doesn't matter though, I now know my next steps toward improvement, thanks again :)
And yeah explanation would be nice thanks, the more knowledge the better right?

D

Deleted member

^You arent even using yoshis best move
Egg lay.
kthx
OP aerial command grabs, learn itt.

D

Deleted member 189823

Yeah, I want to do it like Zudenka does but I don't even understand what he's doing. I don't know how to use Egg lay well.

D

Deleted member

Go into training mode. Practice pivot egg lay, turnaround egglay, and djc egg lay.
And the rest is just imaginitive stuff you can do withit.

D

Deleted member 189823

What is the difference between pivot egglay and turnaround egglay? So far, I know how to do DJC Egglay.

D

Deleted member

When you pivot egg lay, yoshis momentum changes. When you turnaround egg lay, yoshi continues going the same way he was going, he just turns around and egg lays.

Its about the timing of the control stick and when you press B. I cant type out exactly the difference, i just do it cuz its muscle memory (even without playing for 6 months its still ingrained.) Just play around with it.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Pivot (or B reversal) Egg Lay is when you press B THEN tap the control stick in the opposite direction Yoshi's facing. Turn around Egg Lay is when you tap the opposite direction, THEN tap B.

Sharky

Smash Master
and when you mix the two together crazy yoshi **** goes down

and then there's djc pivot turn-around egglay. So yeah...learn and enjoy =P

D

Deleted member

Yea the RDJC pivot turnaround basically is the greatest thing ever.

D

Deleted member

Its so freaking difficult because the momentum switches are so fast that like it doesnt even have time to mindgame, it just looks silly.

D

Deleted member 189823

w00t, I'm doing it. x3
It's like Zudenka does it.

We are teh pwnz0rz.

Depster

Smash Champion
Aw, I just noticed that my in person matches aren't on the list =[ They're still like a year old or more, so there's like no point in linking them I guess.

Top Bottom