• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread: Now in Regular Definition!

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Thx,I appreciate the critique.

I have noticed that my shield heally sucks,but I am trying to improve this.

Also,I use Wii Remote,is better to me to try to change my controller?

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Is classic controller viable?

I don't like nunchuks because I have broken 5 nunchuks playing Mario Kart Wii and 1 doing a Ness' PKT2.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I dont see why everyone thinks the GC is so much better than the classic, they really are pretty much the same exact thing. Imo, theyre equal.

Airslash

Smash Journeyman
I've swapped between the two four times.

They are pretty equal, and there are a lot of variations for the GCC.

Madcats, Game.dk/Game.se (or Gamestop for USA) Gearz, Nintendo, Burnout etc.

However, it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Also, I should upload a video I lost in within a few hours.

Scatz

Smash Champion
CC isn't as good as GC just because of one reason:

Wiimote drops inputs/connections during matches.

@Lukin: Get used to playing either CC or GC then we can talk. Wiimote will make anyone play like *** cause it's extremely limited in everything.

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
I was watching videos on ETS and platform canceling . . . should I turn tap jump off even though I've always played with it on?

D

Deleted member

Raptor you play weird (not in a bad way, just i was like wut)
Ill critique in a bit.

But at a glance, i thought it was pretty solid except the first kill he got could have easily been avoided (easy to say after the fact obviously) if you just rising airdodge out of dthrow.

I saw no falco shutting down yoshi in that match lol.
I saw him outplaying you a lot in certain parts of the match and your sloppiness letting him come back (up a stock at low percent and attacking shield/landing in front of shield? tisk tisk raptor, tisk tisk).

If thats what kietaro was doing the whole time to make delta think the matchup is unwinnable, well, i cant say i agree.

I thought kietaro would be doing something that i would be like "o god, ive never played a falco who does this" based on what you guys were saying o_o

But kietaro just plays normally and is a pretty good player lol

Those spikes arent gimmicks, they are part of the matchup. How can you say its -3 when we can do that to falco (altho the last 1 looked escapable) XD

Ill do more later.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
As I said earlier in this thread, the way Keitaro played against both of us on game 3 is what should be looked at if you wanna see a Falco playing the mu correctly. Keitaro barely camped this game.. Unfortunately, my game 3 against Keitaro wasn't saved >_> This is more for advice.

And they're gimmicks because they can be avoided.

D

Deleted member

Alright fair enough

I dont think its unreasonable to get a gimp a set, though. And thats fairly significant.

Spike aint the only thing yoshi can do. Grabbing out of side b, etc.

Btw, fun tip, instead of trying to downair or utilt or whatever you do when falco is gonna side b on the stage, run away and shield. When it hits your shield, sheild drop punish with jab, ftilt, dsmash, whatever.

Works very well, especailly cuz u can scare him into going for the ledge after a few punishes like that and then edgehog.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Socks, I'd just like to say that the shutdown thing that Keitaro did to me was more of a him just camping the BALLS off me game 3. I do agree with your analysis of the match Raptor posted, though.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Well socks I guess after hearing so many people call me and Yoshi in general gimmicky I sometimes believe it. Thanks for the tips.

Also, Delta I'm gonna text Vinnie and see if he can send me the replays cause I don't think he will upload them himself.

Thanks, Poke.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Well socks I guess after hearing so many people call me and Yoshi in general gimmicky I sometimes believe it. Thanks for the tips.

Also, Delta I'm gonna text Vinnie and see if he can send me the replays cause I don't think he will upload them himself.

Thanks, Poke.
Please do. Get the ones of me vs. Minty, too.

D

Deleted member

edge cancelled eggs are legit the biggest gimmick ever.

Nobody should ever get hit by them XD

D

Deleted member

I didnt say they arent the greatest thing ever.
Because they are.

Im just saying that nobody should ever get hit with one =]

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Despite me not really paying attention to my previous post since I was using someone's laptop and just trying to catch up to everything I missed the past three days, I don't think that was his entire point gashi.
Unless you're in his head and reading his exact thoughts to where it completely was his point.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I didnt say it was his ENTIRE point, I just meant that he was aware of that and it was one of the reasons he said that. :rolleyes:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Air releases always release the same distance regardless of percentage, so the damage shouldnt effect it at all. Also, it's worth mentioning that if you grab Falco without his double jump, his only options are to instantly phantasm or fire bird, and if he does either, fair is guaranteed. It's just that if Falco holds back after being released, just like Ganon, it's not guaranteed.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Air releases always release the same distance regardless of percentage, so the damage shouldnt effect it at all. Also, it's worth mentioning that if you grab Falco without his double jump, his only options are to instantly phantasm or fire bird, and if he does either, fair is guaranteed. It's just that if Falco holds back after being released, just like Ganon, it's not guaranteed.
This^

Wow Slush.. Delta, Vinnie said he would send me the replays on July when hes back home.
Yay.

D

Deleted member

Oh alright.
I didnt mean at a certain damage, i meant like if you grab him right before the edge?
Maybe thats 2008 talkin tho haha

I usually just try to grab out of double jump tho.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
If it's a certain distance away from the edge a GR to spike is guaranteed on MK. Not sure if same principles work on Falco. Heck I'm not even sure if what I just said is true but it seems to work for me 100% when it's a certain distance. Am I just getting lucky?

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Yea i was thinking about MK and maybe the same holds true?

And i land GR spike on falco kind of a lot but sometimes it doesnt work so im never sure XD

Top Bottom