• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread: Now in Regular Definition!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
All them random down b's early on... Dont do that lol. But other than that, pretty good. Towards the end though, dont try to outcamp Fox at full screen, it doesnt really work.

Depster

Smash Champion
That wasn't Fox, that was Zeton :awesome: Totally different matchup.

Also, that match is a year old. I just posted it for the lulz, cause that's the best of my matches on Youtube.

Here's another oldie from around the same time:

Vs. Dedede

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1NYLffwLWU

I cried so hard after that match... It just wasn't fair!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
lmao GYK hahaha

Also love the music, the D3's tag (Serperior <3), etc

One little trick though, if you train someone to expect dair > nair, they'll just shield the dair, then keep holding shield for the nair as well and punish after that, so you can mix up dair > wavebounced egg lay to catch them still shielding expecting the nair.

Depster

Smash Champion
Not sure why I didn't try that vs. Mr. Doom... I really should have tried harder to egg lay period. Oh well, that was over a year ago. I've learned lots since then! I wish I could play competitively more, especially since I'm not at school now for another couple months, but Wichita has been scheduling their get togethers weirdly, and I'm not even sure they smash anymore...

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I COME BRINGING GIFTS.

LIRRR 2: Mid Tier Side Event

Deltacod vs CT Chibo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqbPRj3u-rU

NAKAT vs Deltacod - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLPf2uBtWDI

Apex | Vinnie vs Deltacod - Losers Finals - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8r3KlQ8Lrw

Doubles - Featuring me and Raptor!

CT Chibo + Bloodcross vs Raptor + Deltacod - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIXkkKeDRmI

I also have a bunch of replays saved with me, but I need to get them uploaded. Replays include a bunch of me in singles and some more doubles with Raptor.

Rare footage of Deltacod actually getting matches saved!

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
It's a shame we couldn't save our set vs Fatal and Pelca we almost beat them ;( Or Sama and Thunder that was a hype set.

I still have all the dittos we played on my sd. I'll upload em when I'm not lazy.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

I cannot believe you lost that set to vinnie delta.
Im awestruck at how you wasted my life watching 20 minutes of that set
<3

wait, just watched game 1 vs nakat.
I still love you <3

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
>20
You mean 30 minutes.

Outside of that, I watched all of them (except doubles) and I thought they were pretty good. As for tearing it apart... well I'd have to find another time to do that if I remember too.

D

Deleted member

You guys had some sick stuff.
Improving a lot in the doubles i think.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Mmm, yeah.

We teamed for the first time in like, years at SKTAR, and did poorly. But it was mainly because we choked SUPER hard. So I told Raptor we should team again and just... not choke. And it went soooooooooo much better.

Double Yoshi for life!

D

Deleted member

unfortunately double yoshi is terrible ;P
i dont really like yoshi in teams that much tbh, id say hes quite a bit worse in teams than in singles.

If you guys just both get on opposite ledges and then ECE 5 times in synch, and then switch ledges, i think you would be legends though.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Watched your set vs. Chibo and Bloodcross yesterday, along with your set with NAKAT (which was hilarious). Gonna watch the rest tonight. =3

Please tell me you saved your set with Will. =0 I might play him later in August, and I have some studying to do if I want to do better than I did at Impulse...

:005:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Watched your set vs. Chibo and Bloodcross yesterday, along with your set with NAKAT (which was hilarious). Gonna watch the rest tonight. =3

Please tell me you saved your set with Will. =0 I might play him later in August, and I have some studying to do if I want to do better than I did at Impulse...

I did better. I saved both sets with Will. Mid tier singles AND normal singles.

Will starts to panic once you start comboing him. Then you can play defensive and punish with things like pivot grab and egg lay.
True enough. However, he really caught me off guard last time because he went soooooooooooooo deep for some edgeguards and stuff. Like, Will goes hard, but wow.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
I got so lucky that mm xD Lol notice how he was very scared game 3 last stock? That cost him the set. I guess I'll upload Delta's 2 sets with Will since I've been uploading so much stuff anyway and im liking the way they come out. Just one thing. Don't go for CG on Will. He's played me enough to know how to punish severely for that. He will just Side B to free smash attack. After a GR just go for up smash. If timed well it will never miss and you will never get hit. I'm saying this because he will go for uair or side B when you're going for the up smash and it can hit if you wait too long or if your upsmash is done too early and is out of range.

He hates Yoshi's spotdodge and calls it obnoxious. Spotdodge to jab same thing.

Lastly be careful with grounded down B. He will almost always PS both hits and if he gets hit by the first he someimes DI's out before the second hit connects.

I hate giving advice against Will but Yoshis come first. :)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I got so lucky that mm xD Lol notice how he was very scared game 3 last stock? That cost him the set. I guess I'll upload Delta's 2 sets with Will since I've been uploading so much stuff anyway and im liking the way they come out. Just one thing. Don't go for CG on Will. He's played me enough to know how to punish severely for that. He will just Side B to free smash attack. After a GR just go for up smash. If timed well it will never miss and you will never get hit. I'm saying this because he will go for uair or side B when you're going for the up smash and it can hit if you wait too long or if your upsmash is done too early and is out of range.

He hates Yoshi's spotdodge and calls it obnoxious. Spotdodge to jab same thing.

Lastly be careful with grounded down B. He will almost always PS both hits and if he gets hit by the first he someimes DI's out before the second hit connects.

I hate giving advice against Will but Yoshis come first. :)

Yeah, I never went for the CG when I played him because I had a feeling I'd just get sideBed for it. Although he did get like, 3 sideBs on me in the first stock of our tourney set because I tried to pivot grab his landing. >.>

Thanks for the tips. =3

Will traded a GR > Usmash with his Uair.

We both died.

THERE WENT MY MARGINAL STOCK LEAD WITH ~180%.
ALSO, be careful doing ECE. Sometimes out of nowhere he'll just get a dair or fair when you least expect it that I still don't undertsand xD

These both definitely sound to me like the kind of BS he'd do. lmao

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
definitely shouldn't be happening lol
I mean, if I don't delay the Usmash he can actually side B me for it, so I just happened to charge it for too long.

ALSO, be careful doing ECE. Sometimes out of nowhere he'll just get a dair or fair when you least expect it that I still don't undertsand xD

He's also gotten good at Ftilting you off the ledge for that.

BY THE WAY. I recommend everyone adapt their playstyle a bit to involve less fear. Throw out tilts or jab instead of pivot grabs or other defensive options more often. It's amazing how often you can catch people waiting for you to act out of fear rather than getting back in their face.

YOU SHOULD ALL PICK UP THE MOTTO OF OUR FAVORITE ELDER YOSHI IN ORDER TO ACCOMPLISH THIS.

"I do it raw."

Scatz

Smash Champion
BY THE WAY. I recommend everyone adapt their playstyle a bit to involve less fear. Throw out tilts or jab instead of pivot grabs or other defensive options more often. It's amazing how often you can catch people waiting for you to act out of fear rather than getting back in their face.

YOU SHOULD ALL PICK UP THE MOTTO OF OUR FAVORITE ELDER YOSHI IN ORDER TO ACCOMPLISH THIS.

"I do it raw."

D

Deleted member 189823

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7sSDUm8Xy8

Here are the rest of double yoshi from me and delta. We have some pretty cute combos in these 3 games. Especially game 2 LOL. Tomorrow ill have the dittos up.
That was really good, Raptor REC. I thought you had them lost, but those were epic comebacks. I like those mimmicks you do in the air. I used to do that alot, but then I've been told not to and stopped. :(

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
HEY YOU KIDS, DON'T YOU KNOW THIS THREAD IS FOR VIDEOS?

I DIDN'T CRAWL OUT OF A GRAVE, KILL SIX-HUNDRED MEN, ARM-WRESTLE A PYTHON AND A SUPLEX A WATER BUFFALO JUST TO WATCH DINOSAURS GO EXTINCT FOR A SECOND TIME.

The rest of this post is to ensure the caps remain for emphasis.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I love your offensive strings. o.o

Against Marth, you need to be less jumpy. Jumping against Marth takes away a lot of our safety. Really, all he needs to do is swing his sword at us when we jump and we're trapped into either taking the hit, airdodging and then getting punished, or retreating. I think you were looking for a read or something to end his stock though, so it's understandable. Especially since I didn't notice this during the bulk of his stock.

I see you trying to Egg > Grab Gimp Ike. =P

If Ike ever reverse Aethers to the ledge, I'm pretty sure it's safe to go straight for the grab. So, if you ever see Ike moving under the stage before recovering, he's most likely going to reverse aether, so forget the eggs. You missed a chance to grab him during his first stock.

I love how everyone freaks out over Egg Lay Fake still.

OBVIOUSLY YOU DIDN'T LEARN ANYTHING ABOUT DK SHENANIGANS BY PLAYING WILL. COME ON BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Only your last stock loss was dumb by the way. First was a tough situation and the second was wtf Ike.

I think you wait too long for your Fsmash reads on landing. You got a lot of them shielded because you took too long.

You should explain how you use Down B to land by the way. Your use of it is interesting. Unless they're all input errors. >_<

Top Bottom