• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Thinking about getting back into Melee, someone be my Sensei. Caos? Dookarz? Tak?

After much deliberation, I have narrowed my SFIV mains to Blanka, Cammy and Gouken. <3 Blanka.

kupo

Smash Lord
Thinking about getting back into Melee, someone be my Sensei. Caos? Dookarz? Tak?
Fresh Blood. Wewewew!

Why not have all three?

Tak - Space Animal tech wh*re

Doofus - Cheap F*ck

Cao - Awesome player and Sensei!

You'll be good in no time!

WIN WIN

Vermy

Smash Champion
^.^
Will you teach me too, Em?
=3
I still have no idea who I want to main. I also don't have melee at home. =/

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i'll happily teach you how to get kills at 15% on average and have your opponents hating you in no time!
if you really want to ****, i suggest sheik, fox, falco, marth and captain falcon
but tbh most aus top players can play most of these characters, eventually it just comes down to personal preference

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
all depends on the effort you want to put in

no effort:
sheik
marth
jiggs

some effort:
peach
falcon

lots of effort:
falco
fox
ics

if i didnt list them theyre not worth playing unless you want to put godly amounts of effort in

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yeh

but ics really, a lot of effort to learn all the chaingrabs and wobbling and ****
but after that you just sit back, get a grab, take a stock, rinse repeat

falco is the most fun though btw

Sieg

Smash Champion
I'll show you how to play Blanka Vermy.

Did someone say cr.mk link into Ultra? lol.

Also Akuma brings the ****, and also has the fastest walk speed in the game lol. Unlike Viper who needs like ULTRA TECH SKILL to win with.

And don't get hit lol.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
ok heres falco in a nutshell

they far?
lazar

they close? dair shine repeat

if they have high number, hit them with forward strong move

there you go before you know it, youll be smashin kids

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget

Both:
- Wiis and Gamecubes
- Brawl and Melee discs
&
- TVs

It'll start at 1pm as usual, sign ups of BRAWL SINGLES will begin from 1pm-1.15pm, be there on time! :D

Also tibs or Dekar: bring your laptop please <3

kupo

Smash Lord
ok heres falco in a nutshell

they far?
lazar

they close? dair shine repeat

if they have high number, hit them with forward strong move

there you go before you know it, youll be smashin kids
More like...Hit them til they fall over.

Am I doin' it right?

I'll teach you Vermy. Not the best, but I'll try!

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
woohoo first shoutouts!

milton: lol i think i was yelling more than u for once, jabs were worthy of wombo combo
jei: finally mah revenge >:-) good games man
forte: seriously... were u pulling my leg about the timer running out? u shoulda told me earlier if it was true, but i guess its my fault for not knowing too... ggs though
toshers and joeey: great dubles games
larry: you are impossible not to like and awesome
thk: you cant play melee stop it! and gill is op
bryan: massive legit for running the tourney
tibs: someone recognised mr patch's theme! ggs as well
everyone saying how awesome i was when i vsed dekar - woot boost in confidence, thanks guys... i really think MK is for me, warios good but hes too campy, i like being offensive and gimping

very fun, cant wait till next year, ty for running!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
To my dearest friend atlas who is so similar to myself that I think we might be brothers

I'm having a great time at my meet with toby, ricky, liam, don and jp, I wish you could come

its just such a shame that your so **** at everything you do, at least your better then DJDowny though, so thats a nice consolation.

signed LKC.

LarryLD

Smash Cadet
Cheers to everyone for making today friendly and entertaining, If I don't catch you again before Christmas you guys make sure you have a good one and a happy new year.

Big thanks to Mik for teaming with me at the last min for melee, was fun to win a few rounds for a change.

Also bit of a shout out to EdgeGames, too bad you couldn't make it dude, next time your coming down drop me a line and we'll team.

DeanWhipper@hotmail.com

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
No, Bryan did horrible, he left Mid-way through Melee teams when we were doing awesome. =/

Shoutouts now if I can remember:

Leisha - Yay, glad you came! ^_^ Have fun with the recording shizzle, although, I'm STILL very dissapointed you forgot your DS. Keep practicin' Wuigi.
Earl - Hah, took you to 3 matches this time, even if one was Sheik =P. Tough on the finals loss, you'll get it next time.
JJJJ - Sonic DK Sonic. You seemed really upset when I switched back, even though you won the first one =/ Needs more PT less Snake. And less SDs ^^;
Nix - Great to see you man, been a long while. Sonic Ditto fun, and T-shirts were the bomb. Hugging wasn't Gay. Learn Melee too, Since I beat you in 2/3 Smashes =P Have less Johns too.
Jei - Heh, I actually beat your Pit this time. We need to have more friendlies - and play Melee some time.
Nicks - You're not a Wario main >_> Less MK more Wario. I can beat the Wario... Couldn't help but laugh at the 20% Gimp I did to ya. Sadly, I think I'll have to play Defensive Sonic against your MK when next we Vs. Either that or switch.
Bryan - 'I decided I'd team with you - I'm leaving so it won't matter.' Then we win. Like, twice. And beat Dekar and Em once. We must team again another time and dominate, yeah? Kongo Jungle fun for the counterpick was brilliant. Great fun teaming with ya even if we don't play again.
Larry and Mikul - Double Falcon is scary - Lucky quite a few of those knees hit eachother. Brinstar was a bit of a weird choice, I can see where you were coming from though. We got lucky =)
Dekar and Em - We won one, that was good enough for us. Not really, but hey, was all in good fun. Phantasm cancelling looked too pro for no reason, I ain't that good =P
JJJJ again and Toshi - If Bryan was there, you totally wouldn't have won =P Oh, and remember cables for Melty next time. >=/
Myst - You're no Bryan. =P Nah, I kid, you were a great partner, just different to Bryan. We needed better Synergy, should team more.
Redact - Tech me some Falco trix, I'm rusty. =/
Earl again - I got my revenge ;)
Mikul again - Tch, and I had the lead in a few of those matches too. Need more practice.
Tibs - Thanks for reminding/inviting me down, never played Brawl against you though - Ah well, kicked your butt in Melee. And none of those KO's were gimps. SDs maybe, but they were legitimate kills - I deserve a 10. =P
Ledge: Give up Snake. It's no good. I was winning with Random for crying out loud =P Thanks for the end of day fun - and I totally won as Wolf =)

Anyone I missed: Probably didn't Vs. you, which makes me sad. Come chat to/play me me next time, I don't bite =<
People I don't know the names of: I apologise. Remind me who you were and I'll say something good =)

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
To my dearest friend atlas who is so similar to myself that I think we might be brothers

I'm having a great time at my meet with toby, ricky, liam, don and jp, I wish you could come

its just such a shame that your so **** at everything you do, at least your better then DJDowny though, so thats a nice consolation.

signed LKC.
thanks luke there is niceness in you and hopefully i'm better at brawl next year

swordsaint

Smash Master

signed LKC.
give djb a break man.

earla

Smash Lord
congratulations to dekar, em, andrew for melee.

and to tibz, aled for brawl.

bryan, tibz did great job running the tournament cheers.

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
Results for Brawl Singles:

1. Tibs (Diddy Kong)
2. Earl (Meta Knight)
3. Afropony (Meta Knight)
4. Nicks (Wario/Meta Knight)
5. Ledge (Olimar/Lucario/Snake)
5. Tanman (Sonic)
7. Viva (Mario)
7. Jei (Pit)
9. Dekar (Game and Watch)
9. Leisha (ROB)
9. Toshi (Diddy Kong)
9. Nix
13. Timic
13. Jess (Marth)
13. Milton
17. Atticus

I had to leave half-way through because of best friends' birthdays that were orgainised waaay before the Stigma-BRYAN date was finally confirmed. But I hope i did well for you guys for the 2009 finale because i know i had tonnes of fun organising/preparing and running it on the day, esp with tibi wibi who im so grateful for helping me <3. You guys made Stigma-Bryan nice and smooth, wub you guyz much :D Epic matches too; everyone's just too pro. I wish i stayed for more Melee though, **** that game is fun! :laugh: This also made me really appreciate Cao's and Jei's dedication to the smash scene. Thanks to you two for making Smash 2009 so awesome.

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
I Suppose I better post the results I have for Melee off my laptop. I don't know team names, so feel free to fill in the gaps people.

Teams:
1. Cuties Only (Dekar and Em)
2. TJ (Tak and Jei)
3. S-rank (Redact and Atticus)
4. Lama (Toshi and JJJJ)
5. Marry (Mikul and Larry)
5. Sonic n' Peach (Tanman and Bryan for first 2 matches, then Myst for the 3rd.)
7. fibs (Forte and Tibs)
7. Dr. Rabbit (Timic and Miltion)
9. Team Bryan (Nix and Ledge)
9. Brawltards (Afropony and Earl)

Melee Singles:
1. Dekar
2. Emily
3. Tak
4. Redact
5. Mikul
5. Atticus
7. Tanman
7. Forte
9. Earl
9. Tibs
9. Larry
9. Timic
13. Sam
13. Milton
13. Jei Jei

Dekar289

Smash Hero
s-rank was redact and atticus
dr rabbit was timic and miltion
team bryan was nix and ledge
brawltards was afro and earl

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Was fun. i liked the new stage list.

Does the top 8 need their characters for the Australia character rankings.
If so I used about half Snake and half Olimar.

And for those that dont know im going to be maining Snake/Lucario next year.
keeping Olimar, DDD, and a chance of MK as CPs.

Shoutouts:

Tibs: Grats yet again, didnt really play at all, maybe next time XD.

Earl: good to see you man, and sorry about my rusty olimar, ill be more of a challenge next time.

Afropony: Good games, was close indeed.

Nicks: we only played a couple games, we need more friendlies with my new main though.

Tanman: haha my snake still has low tourny exp and ive only been using him for 5 weeks, thats why you beat it still :p, I know you love my olimar but my snake will eventually outgrow it in skill.

Viva: Sorry about the double blind at the start, didnt want to take any risks though. your really good, its just you get outgayd by alot of chars lol.

Jei: didnt play at all, maybe next time.

Dekar: After getting knocked out by you pretty often, I finally beat you XD, my most satisfying game ive had in a long time lol.

Leisha: lol @ the olimar dancing. i dont think i played you at all though, will do next time.

Toshi: didnt play you at all, some friendlies next time for sure.

Nix: Thx for the friendlies and advice, and lol @ snake being able to crawl under alot of ZZS's attacks.

Timic: Thx for the lift as always, and good job playing Dekar in brawl, your getting better.

JJJJ: I learnt the Squartle MU better, but good job on not choking this time lol, thx for friendlies too.

Milton: your so random lol.

Bryan: Thx for the tourney, good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom