• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Isn't the only real DDR place left in Melbourne in Galatic Circus at Crown? That place is decrepid and poorly maintained. Arcades in Melbourne used to rock when I first got here, of course most of the franchise ones shut down immediately as I was getting into it. :(

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Does anyone have any Wii (NTSC) games that can they let me burrow for a month (from Ranbat 2.5 to 2.6)?
I'm also looking to burrow a really old game for the GBA -yes I said GBA- called Golden Sun. Does anyone have it by any chance?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
A coincidence some of us were talking about Golden Sun last night...

SNOW. I officially have 12 people coming now, which means I need to talk to some of you about booking beds in a nearby hostel. The house can't fit that many of you nicely!

ill come to the orchestra forte, then blazeys party is thats on... i think it is

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
i agree with syke for once, gs is rapesauce, need more of them :/
also box hill and timezone in knox have a slightly newer ddr than crown, but in general it still fails utterly compared to like any other state

Nay Nay

Smash Rookie
Devil teams with u 4 sho!

soz took long to respond i dont go on the boards often.

peace

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
cao am i on that confirmed list because i think i said i was [only] interested. sorry i didn't follow it up with you soon enough. is it too late to come? if you've confirmed and planned everything already i understand. :)

Nick_

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have any Wii (NTSC) games that can they let me burrow for a month (from Ranbat 2.5 to 2.6)?
I'm also looking to burrow a really old game for the GBA -yes I said GBA- called Golden Sun. Does anyone have it by any chance?

I have it Pm me.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
No way Bryan! You're coming! I planned it that way! There is no cap! We just need to get everyone else to book into the Hostel nearby and figure out transport. Will discuss soon

sLibs

Smash Cadet
number 2? whats all dis then... looks like i'll have to com next monthly n show what falco can do.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Guess who found SAV videos

Ranbat updates:
- Big Blue added into Random Select
- Port Town off Random Select (to my knowledge it should have always been banned, but was apparently part of the existing ruleset).
- oh yeah secret prize!

Ammeren

Smash Apprentice
Me and atticus just played smash from 11am to 10pm (>^^)>
The queenslanders have imparted all their knowledge to him, and now he shall own you all bwhaha!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The queenslanders have imparted all their knowledge to him, and now he shall own you all bwhaha!
What? You guys let Atticus get better?

FUDGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

That's not good.

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
I hear Atticus sux at Brawl, don't talk him up too much :d
Everyone knows Golden Sun is too good. I can bring it to the next monthly if you want to borrow it Cobalt.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
ATTICUS GOOD? BWAJHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHWHAHAWHAhwahfeugfshgfsuehf
CHRIS TRAINING PEOPLE? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH-ohwaitchrisisgood
also come here chris! i dont want to go to brisfail or anything like that outside of australia

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
We don't want you to come here...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... You'd think I'd write something at the end of this? .....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
I hear Atticus sux at Brawl, don't talk him up too much :d
Everyone knows Golden Sun is too good. I can bring it to the next monthly if you want to borrow it Cobalt.

That would be great. Do you also have Golden Sun 2? If yes, can you bring that as well?

Edit: If you're coming to the connection tour, can you bring it then?

kupo

Smash Lord
Shaz- Are you going to the connection tour in Fountain Gate? Can you pick me up from the Narre Warren train station and take me there?
I thought i was lazy rofl.

It's a 10 minute walk from the station!

Also, give me sav videos Cao! I miss the days when i was good! loooooool I miss MikeG tooooooo...QQ

Me..good? That doesn't sound right!

Edit
For X and Jei
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=172512
l2lookatotherthreadsintheausforumslolol

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
Won't be going to the connection tour, I should be on the way home from QLD (we're driving) on the 11th and 12th and it doesn't sound worth going as far as Southland or Fountain Gate for me anyway. I'll bring GS and GS2 to Couch Warriors though.

_X_

Smash Lord
I thought i was lazy rofl.

It's a 10 minute walk from the station!

Also, give me sav videos Cao! I miss the days when i was good! loooooool I miss MikeG tooooooo...QQ

Me..good? That doesn't sound right!

Edit
For X and Jei
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=172512
PS YOU GUYS ARE SO COOL!!!!>_>
You know what, I jus had a look at that thread before I checked back.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Temporary change of tourney focus for Brawl Connection Tour:

VICTORIA - Melbourne
Day&Date Location Hours
Thurs 10 July Westfield Fountain Gate 9am -9pm
Fri 11 July Westfield Fountain Gate 9am - 9pm
Sat 12 July Westfield Southland 9am - 5pm
Sun 13 July Westfield Southland 10am - 5pm

1st round: default rules
2nd round: default rules
semi finals: 5 stock, items, and damage on 1.5, battlefield
grand final: 5 stock, items, damage on 1.0, final destination.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Nintendo Connection Tour = Biggest blow to your ego unless you win.

vyse's super professional tips:
1. Pick a character that can KILL. Dedede, Ike, Pkiachu('s Thunder) and Lucas('s upsmash) are ideal.
2. Be quick to snag a gamecube controller, or otherwise you'll be playing with a wiimote.
3. Expect a second of input delay on their plasma TV -.-
4. Give free prizes you receive for answering trivia questions to the kids, you don't really need that Golduck figurine/help the littlies answer the tough questions like 'what is DK's favorite food?'

When it comes to the stock rounds, play it super safe. Seriously.
Smashballs suck -.-

Bjay

Smash Lord
2. Be quick to snag a gamecube controller, or otherwise you'll be playing with a wiimote.
Eh? For our tour we had 4 Wavebirds so it was fine for us.

The only place where Wavebirds/Gamecube Controllers weren't able to be used is where the other Brawls were set up, it was only the other three control schemes.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well, maybe they decided to make it standard to allow everyone to have a GC controlller.

On the first day at Chermside (the first day of the tour aus wide) they only let two people use the GC controller. On the 2nd day there, the rules seemed completely different, and they let us all use the wavebirds.

Oh well >_>

kupo

Smash Lord
Fun stuff. I hear custom made stages are also included for random stage choice.

Confirm/Deny?

And if so, how really crap are they?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Confirm.

Just hope you don't get the one with a giant hole down the middle.
If you fall, you better hope you land on the moving platform -_-

My friend (Moose) ended his match on -5 because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom