• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Gg

well while things started with a slight hitch, lack of wiis and tvs, along with a little poor planning on my hand, the monthly turned out awesome imo
things went a little slow at the start, but with ice K saving the day with his extra wii, and the 3rd tv i think that loki provided, was good stuff
i liked it, i didnt win this time in either teams (lol em) or singles (lol cobalt?) but i had a seriously fun time losing, and making a total fool out of myself on multiple occasions (great sea vs cats <3 )
yay for the new faces, and yay for the people i like to see playing each month, and even more yay for feri trying to smash, but no yay how feri lost :(

some people seriously impressed me with how they are right now, cats/shaz at least backed up some of their arrogance :p 1st in teams is no easy feat, and even though you lost to me cats, i cant say it was easy to win. i didnt see shaz myself, but i know cats couldnt carry THAT much, i mean look at me, we came 5th in teams, you can only carry so much (lol em <3 )

nice work on your placings in singles guys, cobalt, x and jei, good stuff there, same with some others doing really well (tak <3 ) and if i dont mention you, its because i didnt get to dedede chain hug you <3

bl icek, you had to play me so much, but its because were destined to play like that, right? :p

but there was one true hero this monthly, just like any other, and this hero did the same thing as per usual, heroically loss
SSSAAAMMMMM <3<3<3<3
awwwww i feel sorry for the little boy inside, doing as much as he can to save the day, but still loses in the end :(

we all miss you cao, except for maybe dekar or something, he just misses his 12 year old badelaid girly :3

kupo

Smash Lord
lol i failed so badly at the monthly. I don't even want to remember it lol. I shall continue with WoW and get more T6 Epix! I suck at smash anyways! *rage quit* Least I can go for 1850 rating! (lolzax <3)

Oh Sirias...I was never good at ddr. In fact I should quit too! =D

ROFL @ FoxyApollo. Nice time wasted. You "could" save the time by asking someone for a lift..or travel with someone. BE A MAN and tough it out!

FU Phil for making me break my special wand! You're an *** for ditching Cobalt too!

I had fun in playing Melee FFA's and Teams. It's bringing back my love for the game (even tho I suck at it now lol). I had fun gimping Forte and edge guarding Dekar (TAKE THAT FOO'!)! Cobalt has a scary Fox/Sheik ._.

Love love
Em.

Edit
TAK YOU'RE A BEAST! ._. Why did you do that Ike ditto! You would have slaughtered me if it weren't for that >_>

Dekar289

Smash Hero
You signed up to complain about something that you wouldn't

Thanks everyone who came today. Just an FYI, Loki's copy of Brawl and freeloader went missing. He wasn't sure if it was labeled or not, so please let us know if you realise you've more than one copy.
i stole it, thinking jamming two freeloaders and two brawls into my wii would make it work n stuff

yeh seriously though, It has turned up in my bag, the freeloader and brawl, with brawl booklet ^_^

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Awesome ranbat guys, best match was CATS vs Redact at Pirate Ship for lols :laugh:
TAK YOU'RE A BEAST! ._. Why did you do that Ike ditto! You would have slaughtered me if it weren't for that >_>
XD Uhh........ yeah i was being stupid and i am not doing that again :laugh:
also I think im gonna learn a character that can't be chain thrown to mess with Ikek.
Also playing Guilty Gear was fun, armies was ****ed up though :laugh:

We gotta do teams next time X for Infinte amooooo! :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
awww, deks <333333333333333 radelaide girly

that was so funny LOL

lmx going to tourneys?? omg

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Monthly was funny, I'll hopefully be there for the next one if it's on the holidays.

Atticus is too good at Dota, he was like 17 - 0 and Sam was like 0 - 8 or something in the kill deaths ratio. Jking xD.

Dekar how's your fwiend =(

Cao better come next time xD

~Vince.

Nay Nay

Smash Rookie
Blue team FTW

Deks 4 god ! great teams partner alwais baking me up

X u pwn hurry and finish MGS4~ i wanna talk bout it with some one other than my brother lol.

smash nite one time n e one ?

PEACE SONZ! + DAUGHTERZ (em)

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
i need to stop using pit *nod*

bryan thanx for teaming, 'twas fun yah
deks wat can i say? ur too good
cobalt omfgwtf...ur welcome for a lift anytime =b
nay, suck it, i love you

monthlies was slow but fun, props to redact and sam for running it, much love <3

results yea? bout time i got me some ranbat points

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I have booked a holiday house near Mt. Hotham and Calls Creek for August 23 and 24. This means we have a Saturday Sunday and Monday for skiing/boarding (Aug 23-25). To stay for the 2 nights will cost $60pp for the 5 spots. This way we'll be based in a nice town not far from the mountains and we have a house to ourselves. Granted, it only has a queen, double and single bed, but theres also couches and a lot of floorspace if you want to use your sleeping bag. It promises to be good fun so I hope everyone can confirm themselves for the trip. I'm sure there's more coming so there's also a neighboring hostel we can book additional beds for, as long as people get to me ASAP so we can sort this out.

As for transport, my sister will provide 1 car; we'd need a second. Hopefully X/IceK/Devil can provide another one if they are going. Sams car is deemed fail for the slopes, even with chains.

Accommodation info:

Westwood Lodge
8 Wood Street, Bright.
+61 (0) 3 5755 1465

Check-in time: 6pm

Costs for Hotham: http://www.hotham.com.au/index.php?pid=288

PS - Our house has a DVD player and TV

forky

Smash Apprentice
AMG TRANSFERING TEH MONEYZ

People please confirm asap!!!!! Remember awesme free board lessons for a bit >< you know you want to come!!!

kupo

Smash Lord
Finish MGS4? I've finished it three times now. What do ya wanna talk about? Besides the fact that its ****ing awesome and the best game of 2008.
D:

Sigh! I want to watch someone play it from start to finish. Maybe i'll just have to spoil it for myself and read the game scripts..fun stuff :p. And i still haven't finished Snake Eater..but I've already spoiled it for myself :p. Then again..I do that for most games.

Oh is MGS4 really the last game? D:

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
D:

Sigh! I want to watch someone play it from start to finish.
I did that last weekend. Or rather, Sieg played until he had to sleep and I continued on til I finished it. It took us 13 hours.

And yes. I would assume it's the last game.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I did post something epic after the day but pooboards was down when i clicked post.
Everyone done well.
'Shazu wo Ikedo' - the foremost style of Ike was proven strong by Hackery Xavier who thoroughly enjoys it.
Cats and I worked well as a team (finally ^^)
Robot is too cool.
We noticed there are very few players who make regular techs in Brawl - well done to those who do :)
Dekar remains peachfuzzy.
Sam forgot to fail epically.

Lol @ catapult Redcat

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Oh lawdy. Blazey finally has his own copy of Brawl. I'll probably have a significantly higher interest in coming to the July monthly, now. Jesus, I'm going to have my party next Saturday (*cough* reminder to everyone *cough*), a masquerade ball the Saturday after that and then the monthly the following Saturday. HOORAY FOR BUSY WEEKENDS!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Next monthly will be moved to Sunday... and based in a pub thats very similar to the Irish pubs we go to... except instead of the 2nd floor being more bars/seats, it's a newly renovated bandroom. Will post expanded info later <3

LemonManX

Smash Lord
D:

Sigh! I want to watch someone play it from start to finish. Maybe i'll just have to spoil it for myself and read the game scripts..fun stuff :p. And i still haven't finished Snake Eater..but I've already spoiled it for myself :p. Then again..I do that for most games.

Oh is MGS4 really the last game? D:
It is the last Solid game. However there is talk of MG5. I think we might be graced with Metal Gear 1 and 2 remakes somewhat later down the track. But I also heard speculation about how they thought Big Boss' story could be explored more.

I personally don't want more Big Boss story. Snake Eater and Portable Ops were fine.

Find a way to play this game!!! Its a beauty.

Also Brawl's out today in PAL hey... Meh, MGS4 ftw.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Next monthly will be moved to Sunday... and based in a pub thats very similar to the Irish pubs we go to... except instead of the 2nd floor being more bars/seats, it's a newly renovated bandroom. Will post expanded info later <3
Ohhhhhhhh really? I won't be able to make it =[. I have work on Sundays. This isn't a permanent move, is it? I sure hope not T_T.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Actually I think there's a fair few that have work/other commitments on Sunday so I'm not sure how this'll turn out. I think CW intends on it being permanent...

besides... working on sunday is ungodly :grin:

kupo

Smash Lord
Hmm...Sundays =|

Church -> Smash -> Soccer match to watch = D:

I'll see if I can bring cella along. Pretty sure she doesn't work on Sundays...and I want to see her pwning Dookar's face! I think she did at one point at Phil's place :p.

Shame about MGS4 being the last solid game. I don't think it'll ever be the same without the original characters. I had a good laugh when I saw my friend play MGS4 with some of the weapons unlocked (loldolls and the bullet effects). Sigh @ European Extreme mode. 84% camo = ALERT ALERT!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
cella owns all, cept for like me
its like her whole sword is a tipper, or something broken like that

ps: mgs4 sux cause i dun haev it

heartless_pit

Smash Cadet
so next brawls at city ok then just makes it seem more cooler...
btw i heard dota in the last page who play and do u play bored aussie u shud add me
my usernames is
[Anti-Form]Sora
ide say im some kind of pro, but only wiht certain heros and if i did hear incorectely then just ignore this !

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Guys can we have a Melee tourny next monthly? I recently took out my Wii a couple days ago because it's holidays and I have nothing to do. I played it for one day and then I'm like "Yay I played Brawl...now what?" Besides I'm sure everyone, if not everyone, misses some fast-paced tournament matches.

Nintendo is already holding tournaments on four different days, even if they are newbie tournaments, so I'm sure that'll make up for one Melee-instead-of-Brawl monthly.

kupo

Smash Lord
How many are interested in Melee anyways? I for one am [and I'm in it for fun and revenge! *looks at Cao/Dookar* :p] /rage rage rage rage

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I would be interested if there is money involved and if I wasn't running it.

*First post updated with new Ranbat info*

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
im very interested in a melee tournament since i havent been to one ever, and i didn't go to rambo which was probably supposed to be the official end to the melee scene ( ? ).

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
ok if people want melees, we kan do melees, drop teams, and do singles of each (i like melee singles more than melee teams, but if teams is the way to go, then ill run either) ill run crap cause cao dun feel lieks it :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom