• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cella_lina

Smash Cadet
hey guys, just curious, whats the head count on whos going to the FG connection tour thing. some mates of mine might be comin and want to join up on the comps and meets n stuff. i cant go so they just wanted to know who will be there.

p.s. hi to emily and others that know me!

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Samuraike says: "Safe in stock rounds? WTF I'll tenku from here to timbuk'twah' all they as$es."
Shaz: "Uhh thanks Samuraike...from now on I'll do all the talking k?"
I'll take my controller along regardless....if they're anything other than completely ******** they'll allow it. Then again this is Nintendo paid reps we're talking about :\

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
You mean, Cronorox?

Noone is using Boozy or Woxy??? YEY

Unrelated:
New rule for the Ranbats (derived from Norcal): Bowser's Suicide KO - If Bowser's F-B is used as the finishing move and kills both players at the same time, Bowser still wins - controller port priority will be irrelevant. Bowser players (ie. me) and players in general, will need to be mindful of this.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
cella wwwhwhhhhyueueueueuerrrgrggghhhhhh orsum, cella is a heerrroooo, like me, and unlike em, lol

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Yeah so I managed to take Thursday and Friday off work so I'll be attending all 4 days.
I will probably need to meet up with someone because I'll be ****ed if I know what's going on.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Does anyone know if the tournament finals run until late at night? Because I could swing by after 6 and take photos of people

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Melty Blood has been axed. We will all take a moment's silence... and now we move on.

DOA4 scene replaces it.

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
what about mortal kombat? :p

maybe there should we should hav a list of attendees whoever's going to the southland and/or fountain gate connection tour. I could make it to the weekend Southland ones, if i decide to attend.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
doa...4? what, dont make me start that **** again, its like ****ing rock paper scissors the game, mixed with dodgey infinites (old man?) and broken throw chains (bass?)
me and dekar are going to replace that with...
PPPIIIKKKMMIIIINNNNNNN

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
mixed with dodgey infinites (old man?) and broken throw chains (bass?)
I don't see how that's any different from smash

anyway if theres someone who is willing to continue keeping the melty blood tournaments alive step up

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
doa...4? what, dont make me start that **** again, its like ****ing rock paper scissors the game, mixed with dodgey infinites (old man?) and broken throw chains (bass?)
me and dekar are going to replace that with...
PPPIIIKKKMMIIIINNNNNNN
I honestly could never get my head around why some people played MvC2 and Tekken games for the longest time, but I've slowly changed my mind over time. DOA might be the same, but our personal feelings on the game aren't really significant in why it's being run. Loki was approached earlier this week by a handful of DOA players who want to give it a shot. If it takes off and they get a regular crew going then that'll be cool. It only worries me when people want to run games that draw on current attendees because it makes it harder to organise.

I imagine at some point we're gonna have to limit how many different games people can enter into.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
PIKMIN AT NEXT RANBAT IT IS CONFIRMED

i won fountain gate day 1, yippee. i'll do a sexy writeup thing and shoutouts and stuff (lol shoutouts wut) later

yeh later

*snooze*

wub

Dekar289

Smash Hero
k so clearly the current debate now its whether to start with 10 pikmin or 20 pikmin

i feel we should do 20, seeing as it should make matches quicker for the limited timeframe we will most likely have

lololoo

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
I think I'll go tomorrow but I'll only be able to stay for the first round. I need to be somewhere at 12:30. I wish they used more tvs so they could speed up things. If I make it through first round but have to leave, can I leave my position to someone else? Does it work like that?

Edit: Looks like I couldn't go. I bet Jei's gonna win. Pretty sure he wants revenge after what happened to him in the semis.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Aw man Dekar. I feel so bad for losing now =_=
That limited edition figurine set looked so cool.

Not to mention a free copy of PAL brawl.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Sydney represent!

I used Marth for timed matches and Wario for stocked matches. :D

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I used Yoshi all the way until the stock matches, then I figured I would play it safe by using Pit...didn't even know about the 1.5 dmg ratio...not good against Snake. Ah well the tournament was junk anyway, decided not to go to today's.

Sealock

Smash Rookie
If anyone remembers from today at Fountain Gate, I was the Diddy player with the 1up mushroom beanie, who got a Mew in a badly-thrown pokéball...

I'll probably meet you guys at the triweekly on the 20th, hopefully with improved banana-peel functionality.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I caved in and bought PAL Brawl. I now feel dirty all over, and it won't wash off! Luckily I can distract myself with my R4 card... but still. Anyway, in the process of doing it all again, lol.

Congrats Dekar[/late]

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i hate how i've totally gotten used to the new smashboards layout =(

thanks guys
cobalt google

Dekar289

Smash Hero
line up like 15 minute before it starts, and the tournament ended around 1:30, 2 o'clock both days

Hazbro

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I'm going to the the Southland one. I just hope I don't have to face you guys until the top ten so I have a chance at winning >.>

A few questions though.
Could I use a GC controller and are all stages/characters unlocked?

Just so you know, I'll be the guy in the green jacket who is losing...

EDIT: The southland address is 1239 Nepean Highway.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yes gc controller
yes all stages and characters
stage is random though
custom stages now deleted
tv lags like ****

Sealock

Smash Rookie
Hazbro: I don't even know if the guy who knocked me out in the first round with a +6 score was even from smashboards, or whether he was actually good at the game - in such a short time limit, all that really matters is whether you play well or not.

Also, regarding controller options, I find the analogue stick on the Wavebirds that they use to be slightly different from the analogue stick on a wired GC controller, if that's what you're used to. Just a heads-up.

On an unrelated note: if anyone is making a collection of those collectible things that they give out, just for laughs (or possibly because you're a serious collector of Nintendo memorabilia, whatever), I'd gladly donate my Yoshi and Bullet Bill figurines. I'm not gonna throw them out or anything, but I'd like to see them go to a good home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom