• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Don't Get Hyped - Jan 28 - Link to results at top of opening post

Splice

Smash Hero
jezza, if u do find a place to stay at, i would come over to help you learn if it was close to Brighton.

Otherwise, when I get to know you better, maybe later in the year you could stay over at mine.

Keen to help people learn this year
Although being in Year 12 sort of denies me any oppurtunity.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
hopefully we'll get 9 TVs
let's make a list to ensure we're not short of consoles like some of those horrid monthlies haha

brawl setups (wii+brawl)
- Leisha (+ awesome **** inc. capture card for brawl)
- Jei
- Tomiie
- Ledge!
- Dean

melee setups (wii/gamecube + melee)
- Dekar
- Ringworm
- Dean
- Timic?

Splice

Smash Hero
karnt r gew wf tath.

dave get some tv's? do u have CW tvs?
wat the situatiomnsS on tv's whjats ypu're supply outlet?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
thanks guys.

also considering running a free 8-man amateur bracket for brawl alongside brawl teams. with small prizes
would make for some hype grand finals towards the end of the day (but don't get hyped)
dependent on tvs/consoles ofc

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I can bring a Brawl setup... and a Melee one. I think I left my CRT at CouchWarriors accidently last year though.

I never realized opportunity had an 'r' in it until today damnit.

Splice

Smash Hero
if you use my idea dave, depending on entrants, the amateur bracket would be more than 8
ill help u work it out while im there ok

We should have money matches, is tedeth coming?
is allens coming and stuff?
Good that tomiie is coming.

money match me gaiz

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
As things are at the moment, the first [insert undetermined number here] players to be knocked out of regular bracket will be eligible for the amateur bracket.

Gords

Smash Champion
i should be booking flights for this tomorrow, looking to stay in melbourne from friday to monday. ted will most likely come too, is anyone able to house us, thanks

Splice

Smash Hero
okay cool :) does the regular bracket still have winners and losers bracket? haven't been to a tourney for 12 months.
Yes, having an amateur bracket won't affect the way the main event plays.
There is still winner and losers bracket, with double elimination = you lose 2 sets before you're out of the tournament (not 1)

As for the amateur bracket, the way that will work (after the normal bracket is about halfway through or more and running well) will probably be decided on the day so don't worry too much about it.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
amateur bracket will start shortly after brawl teams
check the OP for the schedule

Splice

Smash Hero
i assumed teams would be in the morning.

Fair enough that you would wait til after teams seeing as it isnt an important event and any bets we have like no TVs

Dekar289

Smash Hero
you and jei should know better than to assume
at one of these tournaments redact and plasia assumed a starting time without actually reading the OP and there was a tv shortage until they arrived 2 hours late.

read the schedule in the OP everyone!
arrive around NOON is you are bringing a TV or want to help setup
everyone else get there BEFORE 1:15PM

:)

also splice i meant the amateur bracket will start shorty after brawl teams starts, the two will run concurrently. once again it's all in the OP.

Splice

Smash Hero
^ made me lol

how come u get to decide the schedule **** dave
are you assuming jei and i havent already prepared a schedule?
gee whizzzzzz

ALSO
If the amateur bracket starts shortly after brawl teams starts, then my statement is still true; Brawl Singles would still be going, especially if we have multipled best of 5 sets like alwaysz

Dekar289

Smash Hero
brawl singles won't take 4 hours if we have 5 Brawl TVs. not with the TO skills of jei and myself.
out of my thread xD

Kier.F

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff tell Tom I want a money match best of 7 as well for 5$ :) falcon ditto's

Top Bottom