• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Don't Get Hyped - Jan 28 - Link to results at top of opening post

ViVa

Smash Ace
You can just show up on the day. Hope you enjoy your first tourney, this one is looking to be one of the best tourneys we've had in a while.

jezza_10

Smash Apprentice
ahhh so hungry for some brawls!!!! is there a way to boronia without going through heaps of suburbs? it will be my first time driving there (I will be coming from shepparton, which is north of melbourne, a 2 hour drive)

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
I might make an appearance if im not playing swordcraft :)

anyone want a tv? it's only gonna be thrown out anyway..

Dekar289

Smash Hero
ahhh so hungry for some brawls!!!! is there a way to boronia without going through heaps of suburbs? it will be my first time driving there (I will be coming from shepparton, which is north of melbourne, a 2 hour drive)
shepparton mad
i think that qualifies as OoS attendance lol
unfortunately jezza the best way is probs to come down the hume highway, turn left at the ring road then get onto the eastern freeway and follow that along

anyone want a tv? it's only gonna be thrown out anyway..
If it's a crt capable of 60hz and it's bigger than 40cm, please bring it, someone will take it

welcome, rebound! i assume you main toon link?

earla

Smash Lord
in brawl is stage selection before character selection at start of set?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
err no lol, it's the same it's always been: select character (double blind if can't agree), then move on to stage striking.
of course after the first match it's stage then character

awesome, leish :D

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Its usually character pics then striking, haven't heard of it being done that way.

Yes for computer ^_^.

Is anyone else bringing a laptop? or is it just me for now.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Well no rulesets currently have ever followed that format. Its just double blind (if requested) and stage striking.

Speaking of the ruleset, which one are you using jei? Unless its just dekars ruleset, ionno

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yer i've been meaning to talk to jei about whether or not he's brining a tio laptop and also ruleset...

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
An extra would be handy, just so I dont get everyone flooding me to use the computer when i have recording equipment.

Maybe one can have the brawl bracket and the other melee.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Just incase my TIO crashes or something, its good to have a backup at least.

MY computer is reformated, so it might cause some shenanigans and randomly die or something.

Also this computer will have recording stuff, so having everyone crowding around would be a bit bothersome.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
y jezza if you did that would be great, we could have leisha's as the brawl recording setup, and separate brawl/melee brackets on yours and deans'
*drool*

jezza_10

Smash Apprentice
y jezza if you did that would be great, we could have leisha's as the brawl recording setup, and separate brawl/melee brackets on yours and deans'
*drool*
yeah we could do that, but i dont think im going to stay for the whole day. i've got to be back home in shepp and up at 6am the next morning, but ill see how i feel

jezza_10

Smash Apprentice
i'll definately be there early for setup and brawl singles/ameteur brackets. If someones willing to team with me that would be awesome. I have little to no experience playing teams with team attack on. lol

ViVa

Smash Ace
I remember playing you man. You were marth I think? The thing that sticks out in my mind is that you and your group had mario hats. (That was you right? ololol)

jezza_10

Smash Apprentice
yeah that was me hahahah. that was my very first tourney, i don't use marth anymore. im more of an ike/mario/rob player now :) marth sort of put me off seeing how good other people were with marth (earl and a few others). I'm not sure how much i have improved since then, but i do remember you beat me quite easily.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
All I remember about jezza is his Ike cosplay at manifest, it was a really good costume lol.

Dekar, I can't bring laptop but it seems that problem is solved already anyway. As for the ruleset, want to talk to me on mirc about that? Not tonight but tomorrow night I'll be on.

Splice

Smash Hero
keen to see jezza again, he was very nice at manifest as were his companions.

keen to see lots of newer folks, actually
i want to play lotsa friendlies :3

Top Bottom