• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Don't Get Hyped - Jan 28 - Link to results at top of opening post

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
i made a tut showing how to load codes on your wii without modifying/changing it at all out of boredness.

Things you need-to/should know
*This method cannot harm your wii in anyway, i have not heard of anyone harming there wii by using smashstack. however i will not be held responsible if you wrongly use these files and harm your wii
*Make sure you have no stage builder stages on your wii or sd card, if you do, your wii will get a harmless freeze. so, delete them or back them up to another SD card or something.
*After loading the game with codes via gecko, you don't need to have your SD card plugged in your wii, having it plugged in makes stage builder boot up gecko again. Its best to have it not plugged in
*Once booting up gecko you can load ANY game with codes

This can setup every wii at a tournament very easily, all you need is one SD card with the correct files on it.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXK6LEm1bBo

I say in the video I would show you how to add more codes but I got lazy lol.

Cool tutorial, good job :).
Can you have texture hacks doing it this way?
I remember having problems with my wii specifically over a year ago when I was in the scene. It would freeze at the start of a game if there were any kind of codes activated (I had a few people try help me too, but nothing). I hope this new method will work =).

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I appreciate the info you're supplying us with for all the brawl hacks tommie, but jei and myself have already told you all that the tripping code will not be legalized at our tournaments.

The issue I have about softmodding peoples wiis is those people suplying them for the tournaments might not actually own then. Could be shared by a family member. You never know, the installation might go wrong and brick the wii.(highly unlikely, but that's not the point.) People shouldn't have to mod their wiis simply because of changing one mechanic in the game. I know tripping sucks, but brawl is just a silly game anyway.

Anyway I hope I got my point across. As Luke said, don't need to discuss old issues that have been felt with.

:phone:

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
Cool tutorial, good job :).
Can you have texture hacks doing it this way?
I remember having problems with my wii specifically over a year ago when I was in the scene. It would freeze at the start of a game if there were any kind of codes activated (I had a few people try help me too, but nothing). I hope this new method will work =).
Yeah, you just have to make a new .gct file with the File Patch Code.
Or, you could replace the "boot" file on the root of the sd card with the "boot" file from riivolution and use riivolution's method of using texture hacks.

I appreciate the info you're supplying us with for all the brawl hacks tommie, but jei and myself have already told you all that the tripping code will not be legalized at our tournaments.

The issue I have about softmodding peoples wiis is those people suplying them for the tournaments might not actually own then. Could be shared by a family member. You never know, the installation might go wrong and brick the wii.(highly unlikely, but that's not the point.) People shouldn't have to mod their wiis simply because of changing one mechanic in the game. I know tripping sucks, but brawl is just a silly game anyway.

Anyway I hope I got my point across. As Luke said, don't need to discuss old issues that have been felt with.

:phone:
Tripping or no-tripping I don't really care, I'll still enjoy tournaments. However I would prefer no tripping.
The tutorial I posted was only for infinite limit on replays and save tags in replays.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
i made a tut showing how to load codes on your wii without modifying/changing it at all out of boredness.

Things you need-to/should know
*This method cannot harm your wii in anyway, i have not heard of anyone harming there wii by using smashstack. however i will not be held responsible if you wrongly use these files and harm your wii
*Make sure you have no stage builder stages on your wii or sd card, if you do, your wii will get a harmless freeze. so, delete them or back them up to another SD card or something.
*After loading the game with codes via gecko, you don't need to have your SD card plugged in your wii, having it plugged in makes stage builder boot up gecko again. Its best to have it not plugged in
*Once booting up gecko you can load ANY game with codes

This can setup every wii at a tournament very easily, all you need is one SD card with the correct files on it.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXK6LEm1bBo

I say in the video I would show you how to add more codes but I got lazy lol.
fffffffffffffff, My wii can't even run codes with this method.
The game freezes when starting a game after loading codes. Why did I have to end up with a crappy wii that's one in a million, zzzzz.

EDIT: Yay! It actually worked. I was an idiot and didn't have my SD card set to FAT32. XD

Top Bottom