• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Don't Get Hyped - Jan 28 - Link to results at top of opening post

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Some setups with and without tripping could cause some disputes as some chars would benefit more than others. All off or all on imo.

Foot stooling is used in strategies and tactics in competitive play. It needs to be active in Brawl.

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
you're right there.
i'd just prefer not to have it in my ideal version of brawl.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
The main problem is that tripping or not tripping can affect the results of matches unfortunately... if I trip into random character's kill move on my last stock for example. Then the choice of Wiis may have influenced the results of the tournament.

jezza_10

Smash Apprentice
i think brawl should be played the way its meant to be played. with tripping. as annoying as it is, and lets face it. No one really likes it. It is apart of the game.

The game shouldn't be modified for tourneys, i wouldn't mind having a few friendlies without tripping but it would feel so weird. I am so used to tripping over a few times each match its just become normal.

IMO. Don't get rid of tripping. :) and as pezza said, it can influence the results.

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
times tripping gets REALLY annoying are when...

* when you trip 5+ times during a game and you opponent doesn't trip once.
* when your about to punish someone for being stupid
* and most importantly getting punished for tripping

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Generally, anything that modifies game play like tripping is considered non legit and is illegal at tournaments. As gay as tripping is, it wouldn't be fair for the other players at other tournaments playing without the codes.

Codes that save replays over 3 minutes and such is okay, just codes that modify the game in some way isnt.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
jezza, dean was arguing against having tripping enabled on only some wiis at tournaments. as i said earlier i agree with ledge that it's either all or none, and obviously it would be better without tripping on any setups but atm that doesn't seem doable. or is it?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Not sure, but i wouldn't be surprised if they implemented something stupid like that. Its nintendo after all =P.

Just need high hopes I guess. But yes, no tripping codes please. This has been discussed before ages ago and most rulesets clarify no game changing codes in tournament matches. This is also supposed to apply for textures and music as well, but I personally find those codes okay and most TO's wont care. Although expect top players to request them turned off before they play, some textures can be off putting.

Anyway, my rant is done. Jei would agree to everything I said hopefully lol.

If not, then I'll go die in my hole kaytnx u_u

jezza_10

Smash Apprentice
How do you guys think super smash bros on the 3ds will compare to melee/brawl and the Wii u version when it comes out.

Can the 3ds really produce the technical game play and techniques that is super smash bros..?

I have not got high hopes for the 3ds version I'm just not sure how it would run and compare to the others. But I may be wrong.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Pretty sure theres been a code for ages, but yes a lot of coding for pal was never done of course.

I guess theres Riivolution for that now, but most of brawl vault is dead because of megaupload dying lol. (refering to textures)

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Yes Leisha haha I agree with everything you mentioned.

Unfortunately we can't have hacks that change the way the game is played, even if every wii in the venue manages to have it (highly unlikely). It's not "all or none" it's just "none".

Plus I would never do something like that on my wii, I would only hack my wii like dekar has his. So many games to play <3

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
For new players entering the scene mostly. Changing anything gameplay-wise would have to be done on every wii and even then any new players will be all wtf.

Hi Zac.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
As someone who uses ics, I'd love the no tripping hack lol. We could also install the infinite replay hack.

That being said, is there a way to install homebrew on a wii that has the latest update?

:phone:

Splice

Smash Hero
Can we also fix that thing where GaW takes damage?
It really disrupts my game and it is unintentional but sometimes it just happens anyway, like tripping. Stupid Brawl.

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Am I the only one against trip banning? The game should be played the way it was meant to be played. If you don't like tripping don't play Brawl.

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Yeah but the items are a much bigger problem. Tripping is a problem that can be over come, getting done in by someone using Giga Bowser or Super Sonic even though you have more skill then them isn't.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Well items can be turned off in the game which is legit. Tripping needs hacks, therefore its not. Bit of a difference lol.

I hate tripping too, but unfortunately that's how the game was made. So many changes need to be made with the rules to even make smash a viable fighter. If you dont like it, go play street fighter or marvel lol.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
What people are forgetting is that we can't have every wii with these hacks.
What if someone new brings a set-up? What do we tell them? They can't set it up until they get it hacked up?

Leish just said it while I was typing this lol.

Top Bottom