• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] BAM6 announced, May 9-11 2014! Congrats to Dekar, SD and Shaya!

Hughie

Smash Lad
Well my friend. Other than being a fighting game community know it all. I do look at videos, boards and any other thing that can help improve my game. Also, I am starting to transition better into Marth. One way I am learning my Marth game is looking at Ken's Marth tutorial video. I also just tinker during my own Vs. games managing to find new combos or techniques when I can.
I will $10 MM you in Marth dittos
Willing to go higher
You can have two MMs

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Well my friend. Other than being a fighting game community know it all. I do look at videos, boards and any other thing that can help improve my game. Also, I am starting to transition better into Marth. One way I am learning my Marth game is looking at Ken's Marth tutorial video. I also just tinker during my own Vs. games managing to find new combos or techniques when I can.
With extensive testing, SurPr15e recently discovered that if you Ftilt someone with Sheik, it's possible to get a Fair. This technique should be called; THE SurPr15e, because you never know it's coming! AMIRITE GUYS?

Well, I'd love to MM you, but I already have an appointment with Splice. For me, it is either the gallows or sweet freedom. Gallows being I lose badly or sweet freedom being I win or at least achieve a four stock.
Are you ****ing kidding? An appointment? I mean I guess I'll be going to work but it's not like you can't MM other people in the mean time, that's bull****. I know you're just scared coz Juci a.k.a. VORN will destroy you.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Can't go to Bus meets anyway. Too far for me. If there was anyone living in the Boronia area I'll be happy to verse/MM anyone. Please guys, I want a list of those who want to challenge me. Once I get the said list, I'll practice and back up my own comments while being a know it all at the same time.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Can't go to Bus meets anyway. Too far for me. If there was anyone living in the Boronia area I'll be happy to verse/MM anyone. Please guys, I want a list of those who want to challenge me. Once I get the said list, I'll practice and back up my own comments while being a know it all at the same time.
As part of the boronia prophecy, suprise is going to be good at melee and win at least 1 national. Me and dekar both from Boronia and cao from the next suburb over. Ghetto east talent strong

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Thinking about attending this, though it will be my first tournament experience ever (expecting to get bopped hard).

And also, which version melee is generally used in aussie tournaments?

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
Thinking about attending this, though it will be my first tournament experience ever (expecting to get bopped hard).

Pal.
There should be a 'monthly' tournament between now and BAM that you can get pre-bopped at

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
As an amateur who attended a large-ish Melbourne event as his first tournament recently, getting bopped ain't even that bad because most of the VIC crowd are super chill dudes.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy

We normally use the standard Australian version of melee, which is PAL.

Here's how it goes for most new people at their first meet/tournament

you play lots of melee
you have lots of fun
you see dekar and you're like I could beat that dude
then you see s.d and you're like man he's crazy
you get super bopped by someone in the pr
but then you find someone who you go pretty close with an you play like 100000x games

vic scene has grown up heaps when it comes to welcoming people in, even the reknown milton has started coming to stuff more often.
so come to anything and everything, i promise you will love it

S.D

Smash Master
We use standard PAL. Often there will be NTSC versions set up, which can be used for tournament matches if agreed upon by both parties.

Hughie

Smash Lad
We normally use the standard Australian version of melee, which is PAL.

Here's how it goes for most new people at their first meet/tournament

you play lots of melee
you have lots of fun
you see dekar and you're like I could beat that dude
then you see s.d and you're like man he's crazy
you get super bopped by someone in the pr
but then you find someone who you go pretty close with an you play like 100000x games

vic scene has grown up heaps when it comes to welcoming people in, even the reknown milton has started coming to stuff more often.
so come to anything and everything, i promise you will love it
So unbelievably accurate.

You'll get bopped but will have so much fun while getting bopped

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Wow so many replies already. I guess the smash scene in Vic is still strong.
I'd like to play some smash with anyone, I'll definitely try to meet up, because none of my friends are really interested in smash.
I play mostly Project M, do us aussies take that game seriously?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
last tournament (miles warehouse)
melee singles - 38 entrants
brawl singles - 21 entrants
project m singles - 29 entrants

so yeah it's more popular than brawl lol

Last edited:

Remastered

Smash Lord
last tournament (miles warehouse)
melee singles - 38 entrants
brawl singles - 21 entrants
project m singles - 29 entrants

so yeah it's more popular than brawl lol
Oh, I didn't know there was going to be space for a proper Brawl event at this as it was advertised as predominately melee (that's the vibe I got). Had I known and actually read it, I probably would have come.

I'll likely be coming to BAM with 2 others. What are some good hotels near the venue? Price not really an issue, but I don't need anything special for the weekend. (Assuming as the venue itself is a hotel, there will be somewhere to stay onsite?)

Last edited:

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
What are some good hotels near the venue? Price not really an issue, but I don't need anything special for the weekend. (Assuming as the venue itself is a hotel, there will be somewhere to stay onsite?)
The CQHotel is doing special rate offers for people going to BAM, there's a link on the Melbourne smash facebook page atm. I would link it but im at work and cant access facebook D:

Hughie

Smash Lad
Last edited:

ViVa

Smash Ace
Maximum levels of dekar should be taken only in small doses and may cause death by smash in some cases. Consult your doctor before booking the dekar suite to see if it's right for you.

Juci

Smash Apprentice
would we be able to play in the venue all day/night because that would be a good reason for me to book a room.

Splice

Smash Hero
Maximum levels of dekar should be taken only in small doses and may cause death by smash in some cases. Consult your doctor before booking the dekar suite to see if it's right for you.
I'm on a drug, it's called Dekar.
It's not available because if you try it once you will die.
Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
What about the Redact and S.D drug? The effects of the S.D drug is that if consumed, your body will self-destruct out of pure awesomeness or if you see Vanessa Hudgens. The effects of the Redact drug are unknown as the drug had been redacted (censored) from the market.

Hughie

Smash Lad
The Dekar drug is also available on the black market, but very expensive. The war on drugs is actually about the Dekar drug being illegally imported thoughout countries. There is a very high demand on it, being the 1st most dangerous drug, effects as dangerous as Splice stated.

Also, something that popped up on my mind, since Smash will have three tournaments at the venue now, will we need extra room to accommodate enough setups for Brawl, Melee and P:M?

Last edited:
Top Bottom