• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] BAM6 announced, May 9-11 2014! Congrats to Dekar, SD and Shaya!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i am legit excited for surprise vs the world at bam6
his posts are like controversial pieces of art
and he is the people's champion

Last edited:

Bu$

HoC
HAHAHAHAHA! That's rich that is. If I ever get in a situation that ends up like Bus vs. Toshi, I'll pull an Amsah comeback and don't ever doubt because I'll be the first one to give you a big SurPr15e. By the way, it was an honour versing you S.D. I learned a few tricks that day that helped get me stronger. Also, my DI was inspired from my 64 DI. I incorporated it into Melee with a touch of West Coast flair. Also what do you think of aMSa vs Amsah.

I'll be happy to verse whoever. I'm determined to please the people by bringing an EXTREME amount of hype. You can either laugh at me or console me if I lose but I will still hold my head high happy that I pleased the people. Bus, Splice, Sebby, GrimTuesday or anybody that's interested. I'll be happy to verse anybody. You can call it the SurPr15e round. For real though, I want the community to vote on who should face me or how many people I should face unless Attila advertises it as an open challenge. Please give me or Attila your suggestions.

List of challengers so far:
Hughie
Splice
Juci/VORN
GrimTuesday
PrettyCoolGuy
Sebby

Actually Splice, I had my presentation last year and for those going to CGBC this year I will be replaying my presentation at CGBC this year. I used the BAM 2k12 trailer to show the elite and advanced techniques that us Australian's exhibited. Outraged that S.D was not on the trailer.

Anyway, I know that you are afraid. Afraid of change. Afraid of SurPr15e. I'm not going to tell you how it's going to end but how it's going to begin at BAM. I am going to finish writing this message and I'm going to show the people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them the triumph of SurPr15e, a world where SurPr15e is possible with the outcome changing every day and how SurPr15e will prevail. What happens then is a choice that I leave to you. Cue Wake Up by Rage Against the Machine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wauzrPn0cfg

For those who do not get the refrence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTL4qIIxg8A
Dude you just need to be chill and post like a normal person. Don't try so hard to bring the hype. "They hype will come to you" If you take my advise, i'll take you up as my falcon apprentice. ;)

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
The only way Surprise will bring the hype is if he rocks up and is legitimately competitive. Get to work son, impress me.
Well S.D. Me (SurPr15e) vs the world is fuel enough for my competitive spirit. Another thing that will fuel me is the Boronia theory/project. See if I just SurPr15lingy win BAM then the Boronia theory/project will prove to be true. The theory being that if from Boronia or the East, there is a guaranteed chance you will win a tourney. One thing I want to add. If you win BAM again for a third time, can I be the one to present you with the trophy as a gesture of good faith. Also if Me (SurPr15e) vs the world is an official exhibition, then it should be up on the OP as well as other exhibitions. I propose Redact vs Ted and ZXV in a Smash gauntlet match as another exhibition and Dekar vs Syke for more broken controller rage.

@ Bu$ Bu$ If I become your apprentice, do you prefer me to call you Master Bu$ or Darth Bus/Bussell. I prefer Darth as it makes you look cool. Also (just a suggestion), why don't you let B 2 become your apprentice as well. He is your brother after all.

Also if Me vs the world is happening. If it is I'll be genuinely excited and hyped as the rest of you. I propose that a trailer should be made of Me vs the world,other exhibitions as well as one for BAM 2k14. Music I suggest should be this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEy6WPB_txw (Bring me to life, Evanescence) or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqk8PZZS20g (Blue, The Birthday Massacre. Theme of Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003 version)

P.S If Me vs the world is happening, Dean please record the matches and also commentate with whomever you please or I can do self commentary if you like.

P.P.S Thank you Dekar for the inspirational comment calling me the people's champion. That compliment really moved me.

Last edited:

Juci

Smash Apprentice
I'm guessing I left too soon hey? haha.
should have utilized pause cancelling or whatever you call it.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
from the couch warriors vic thread:

"What is the average age of a Smasher?" - Smashers are your typical gamer age. Those that come to the tournaments are typically between 14 and 25 years old. Bring a friend. Or two.

Last edited:

Hughie

Smash Lad
Hoping to come along
hopefully my first tournament :D
Anyway one question any age restrictions?
I actually asked the same question last year. I'm probably the youngest around here (14) , so don't worry about about your age and stuff, everyone's super nice.

Last edited:

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Suprise is actually the youngest at the age of 6 ¾
I thought you were going to say 9 3/4. (If you get the reference) But then, I am the magical gateway to Australian Smash utopia and dreams. I am also a gateway for either victory or defeat. Hint: SurPr15e vs the world.
it may surprise you to learn that his real age is in the thousands
Dekar is on the ball. I am 2,309 years old. My previous incarnations all lived a few eons ago. With age always comes wisdom and that's exactly what I am going to do at BAM. Use my wisdom by gathering each and every one of your playstyles, controller holds, button presses and inside information that will help me win. Kind of like Infiltration in Street Fighter.
If i actually win a match i will flip out
You can have the chance of winning a match at SurPr15e vs the world. I could probably be an easy win but be warned, I am currently training myself and mastering the art and craft of Smash. When I train it usually means death as I will be better improved. Also if you win, I'll buy you a drink to celebrate your win.

Splice

Smash Hero
Looks like we'll be using the same rulesets as we used for SS. Found here: http://smashboards.com/threads/shad...feedback-please-next-major-santasmash.336752/

comments?
Yeah. If you copy paste that into the OP for this thread, could you please format it better, especially the stage-lists? Like, just a space between paragraphs/sections would be sweet.

Melee Ruleset: In the case of a best of 5, does the winning player get stage bans? There is no specification about this, and this rule is sometimes in place where there are no bans in a Bo5 set for Melee.
Brawl Ruleset: I like your stagelist for singles, my favourite that I can remember.

Last edited:

Jamwa

Smash Champion

Splice

Smash Hero
Yeah that's true Jamie, Lylat is a pretty big disadvantage for your character in starters.
Here is a stagelist where your character can thrive

Starters:
75m
Mario Bros. (stage with crabs)
Spear Pillar

Counterpicks:
Flat Zone 2

The stages aren't particularly good for your character, but since they are pretty random and their obstacles can be more game-changing than the players, it's a really good environment for your trash low tier character to compete.
Who knew that playing a bad character may have repercussions on certain stages?

Last edited:

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Wow that really proved a lot Billy
If you wanna discuss it properly, be my guest
"it's bad for Lucas" is not my argument, but thanks for so comically implying so

Last edited:

Hughie

Smash Lad
Yeah, BAM's every year in May, and then there's Shadowloo Showdown later in the year. There's meets as well at this place called ShadowLogicHQ, but they're relocating to Clayton at the moment. They're taking their time with the relocation is which annoying, but the new venue is meant to be pretty good.

Also in terms of rules, I still want Kongo Jungle in Melee doubles, it's a decent stage. And will we be using the 2 games in a pool match thing again? Everyone was confused and not every pool match followed the format.

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
Pools are bo3 sets for melee, idk about brawl.
As for bo5 sets Billy there are no bans, and need to gauge preferences in terms of dsr.

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Use my wisdom by gathering each and every one of your playstyles, controller holds, button presses and inside information that will help me win. Kind of like Infiltration in Street Fighter.
You do realize Infiltration won majors and placed top 8 at EVO before he started the hardcore note taking and studying diago videos every day stuff right?

We had a guy in the melb FGC who did this for KOF. he'd be on the facebook page posting links and videos and streams every day for like 6 months but never actually came to events. He'd sometimes be at the arcade and people saw this huge compendium he'd complied on all the Melbourne players including their tournament results, habbits, characters etc.

Anyway amongst all this he never actually put time into the game. He came to SS, went 0-2 and that was the end of him afaik. 100% unhype.

If you want SurPr15e vs the world to actaully be in some kind of way exciting, pick up da controller brah and come to a meet or something.

Basty

Smash Ace
Turns out i can't come guys (No money)
hopefully next year
BTW anyone going to PAX Aus? maybe i can face someone there :)

Hughie

Smash Lad
Turns out i can't come guys (No money)
hopefully next year
BTW anyone going to PAX Aus? maybe i can face someone there :)
You could just buy a spectator pass, which is cheaper than an actual pass, and you can play a bunch of friendlies, and all the games and meet everyone :D
No money sucks, anyway. I'll be at PAX as well.

Basty

Smash Ace
well seeing as i am in a different state i probably not gonna happen
anyway wanna meet up at pax?

lets kickstarter me to BAM6
(lol jk)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom