• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 3 Stock'd ~ Melbourne 2010 ~ Nope

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Luke's hate is always doing something.
But Atlas, lol
I remember him raging at me for "chain grabbing" him with Snake.
...And then Tibs goes and loses to him, ggs.

Edit: Speaking of you, Tibby, read your notifications on this site sometime this year, thx.

Rhythm_Raik

Smash Rookie
N00bish question: How do you guys record your Brawl matches? I've been looking for something that works but I can't find anything decent. D:

tibs7

Smash Champion
With a capture card :).
Basically just av cables from the tv into the CPU. Then you can record whatever is being shown on the screen.

Rhythm_Raik

Smash Rookie
Any particular kind of capture card...? I got a Dazzle but it is NOT user-friendly, and I don't think this one is compatible with Windows 7. o.o I got it when I had Vista.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Any particular kind of capture card...? I got a Dazzle but it is NOT user-friendly, and I don't think this one is compatible with Windows 7. o.o I got it when I had Vista.
any capture card will be fine, usb, internal, anything should work as long as it has support for AV in some fashion, its also a + if you can get it to support pal 60 though.
its hard to find cards that support it due to most cards being designed for Americans in the first place, but its not a must (mine doesnt support pal 60, but you can get it to work if you try hard and are willing to put effort into fixing videos after)

just make sure you keep any receipts/boxing you have when you grab anything, refunding/exchanging it for another card if you get one is something that is very possible since lots of cards are picky

if you need any other help ill be glad to advise you on what i do know, such as video editing and rendering.

good luck

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
hey redact, i have a capture card, but what do i need so i can connect the wii to the tv AND my computer at the same time? otherwise we'll have to play gfs on a laptop screen next tourney...

<3 scoot

Dekar289

Smash Hero
an av male to male cable is best attila

plug in wii to tv as per nomal
plug one end of new cable into TV OUT, other end into capture card

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
hey redact, i have a capture card, but what do i need so i can connect the wii to the tv AND my computer at the same time? otherwise we'll have to play gfs on a laptop screen next tourney...

<3 scoot
pretty much what dekar said, av splitter cables along with 2 av to av ables to use after you split the original wii output

wii output cable -> splitters -> one cable to laptop and one cable to tv

thats what i have setup, playing on a laptop screen = input delay

earla

Smash Lord
new scenic textures would liven up next tournament.

perhaps, leave the character costumes the same though so it doesn't get too confusing.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Attention everyone:

The date for the next monthly has been brought forward one week, to Saturday the 28th of August. The reasons are posted below:

Loki: "September however I was able to fix; we were originally booked in the Community Room which I believe we are now far too big for. There must have been a cancellation in the Rosina as I was able to change it to the 28th of August in the Rosina, so we aren't crammed into the little room."

tibs7

Smash Champion
But we could win teams for realz this time.
Cao's spirit will be there, as always and you get good exp. :)

tibs7

Smash Champion
So you had no intention of coming anyway? Sif tease us like that!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
who's up for unofficial september pre-robocop monthly at st pauls boronia anglican church hall
right next to train station and mcdonalds, also right near lots of restaurants and shopping centers
also $50 venue fee total for 10am to midnight
only problem is it's 40 minutes east of the city lollol

less than two weeks til next monthly? sick

C~Dog

Smash Champion
who's up for unofficial september pre-robocop monthly at st pauls boronia anglican church hall
right next to train station and mcdonalds, also right near lots of restaurants and shopping centers
also $50 venue fee total for 10am to midnight
only problem is it's 40 minutes east of the city lollol

less than two weeks til next monthly? sick
That sounds mad dekar! $50 venue fee holy crap that's amazing, less than a third of what we pay usually.

Do you have available booking dates?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
no but prob whenever i want, since my mum works as the church secretary

also tak's idea for a name: Don't go down there Jared
works on another level since boronia is "down there" and I doubt atticus will come lol

Top Bottom