• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 3 Stock'd ~ Melbourne 2010 ~ Nope

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
stuotuohs

nana: u help me a lot today but u didnt perform like u usually do
tubs: **** your dum doc mang. floaty chars are evil!!! ggs
jei: jiggs is not good on rc! specially not vs ics XD ggs
mj's secret stuff: not only did you let me down but i lost you
dekar: worst luck ever with crapface turnip u shoulda won
cao: aw i shoulda vs u, need help with 80:20, great tourny as always
cvs2: great game man
guy who dq'ed me in ssf4 after i been in the room for like 30 mins, leave to go to toilet and i get dq'd: fail, and fail zan for saying i wasnt in tourny when i paid u 7! wait do sf'ers go on SWF?
austin: ur lucario 2g. lern to get better u got potensh
t-rex: such close game u fought well, probly deserved to get in over me :)
toshi: timics very first timeout! on japes with dk lol, funniest part was that we agred to reset match that i died cos of klaptrap and then of course its 8 minute timeout, dq for stalling
splice: lets beyblaaaaade

tibs7

Smash Champion
I think he was seeded 3rd I was 1st or something like that....is that it works?
I also think we will update power rankings. Also will invite Conor to the panel soon.

Snake is stupidly broken btw.

tibs7

Smash Champion
It might have more range but waaaaay less disjoint. Are you playing code Veronica?

Nova: <\3

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
excellent tournament, great energy. bring on september!

brawl pools:
1: Toshi
1: Afropony
1: Attila
1: Leisha
1: Earl
1: Dean
7: Tibs
7: Khoa
7: Jei
7: Splice
7: Nicks
7: Ledge
13: Timic83
13: C~Dog
13: Tanman
13: Viva
13: Vermy
13: J4
19: TREX
19: Haydino
19: Dekar
19: Danny
19: Raik
19: RREX
25: Austin
25: Tommy
25: Ben
25: Panda
25: Matthew
25: Innu
31: Powells
31: Doom
31: McGuy
31: Santa

brawl finals bracket:
1: Tibs
2: Attila
3: Viva
4: Afropony
5: Splice
5: Ledge
7: Khoa
7: Earl
9: Jei
9: Leisha
9: Toshi
9: Nicks
13: Timic83
13: Tanman
13: J4
13: C~Dog

brawl teams:
1: Tibs + Attila
3: Afropony + Splice
3: Jei + Dekar
4: Team Awesome (Earl + Nicks)
5: Blue Balls (C~Dog + Ledge)
5: Hey Dean O (Dean + Haydino)
7: Llama Farmers (Toshi + J4)
7: Leisha + ViVa (Leisha + ViVa)
9: McGuy + Innu (McGuy + Innu)
9: Metagame (Khoa + Tanman)

melee singles:
1: CAOTIC
2: Dekar
3: Toshi
4: Redact
5: Cobalt
5: Tibs
7: Mikul
7: Timic83
9: Shaz
9: Jei
9: Kier
9: Atticus
13: Mr Giggles
13: Revolver/Forte
13: Tak
13: Earl
17: Glothrenite
17: Kansho
17: Aggromidget
17: Splice
17: Tanman
17: J4
17: Attila

melee teams:
1: Dekar + Jei
2: Atticus + Redact
3: Tibs + Attila
4: Cao + Glothrenite
5: Toshiba + JJJJ
5: Nicks + Earl
7: Shaz + Tak
7: Splice + Mikul
9: Aggromidget + Leo
9: Kansho + Mr Giggles
9: Tanman + Afropony

tibs7

Smash Champion
Lol 'rely' on fair, I barely use it. Bananas on the other hand.......

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
dude stop, no one cares about that anymore :p
sounds like your life lol.

anyways, dont know why you noobs are surprised, you should have all seen it coming like I did, viva is the absolute ****, and should come to bt2 imo.

also cao beat deks, whats going on there.

Splice

Smash Hero
Also doubles didnt end for brawl so no-one really won, although tibs and attila would have anyawy, but because we already beat Jei and Dekar they agreed to let us have 2nd, and they had 3rd place, but we still split the pot :)

Viva is pretty good guys, I was wrong yeah, you just cannot beat him. 2g Viva.
Beats Ledge, I can't compete with that ****.

Splice

Smash Hero
Yeah what I did guys, was I put Viva in the worst possible seed he could get, (haha), and by doing that, he got to be on the side of the bracket without the apparent 'good players'.

So that's what you get for coming first in your pool Aled. Silly you.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
doubles was so much fun, i was almost dazzled. although no one gave me and tibor to announce our new team name, which was a little sad.

double nikita ko was the highlight of my life.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Shoutouts

Dekar: Buttsecks Parade is coming back it seems. Good work in both games.

Viva: Easily outplayed me that last game. Amazing results keep it up.

Splice: I will never be able to beat you lol. Always fun though.

J4: Fckin Luigi's man. GG's.

Earl and Nicks: Close games, your team work continues to impress me. Nicks yelling at us was scary.

Tanman: Let's never vs again lol. I already know what will happen next time.

Khoa: 2nd tourney in a row you've outplaced me in singles. Teach me lol.

Conor: I told Deks I expected us to lose against you and Gary. It's k though, you guys are still cool. Best tourney so far imo. Props.

New people! I tried to watch or play everyone I didn't recognize and was satisfied with what I saw. Alot of talent or potential talent.

McGuy: Falco user right? When our match started you scared me with the instant chaingrab to dair. Like I mentioned, you seem to know how to play a good Falco. Keep coming to tourneys srs.

Revolver: I think it was you who I spoke to, the Marth main? You were one of the people I thought would improve dramatically if you continue to come to tourneys, keep it up. Also your very friendly lol.

Ben: Kirby main. Not another one :( But yeah you had alot of skill, just gotta work on minimising those rolls and being a little more patient I guess. Btw C-Dog will probably try to teach you how to play Kirby, don't listen to him he's stupid and ugly. Nice Fox also.

Anyone else I missed, sorry. Great tourney.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Thanks for all the people (new and old) who came, i really appreciate it. Largest turnout of the year, lets hope it stays that way!

Shoutouts later

Stupid bracket with Tibs, Attila, Me, Earl and Splice all on one side of the bracket.
1. Tibs got 2nd seed to Toshi.
2. Splice got 2nd seed to Leisha.
3. Comp does the rest.

Attila_

BRoomer
i still think youve gotta make the bracket fair, though. one thing that annoyed me was that i 2-2ed tanman in pools, then played him again first round. poor kid.

manual bracket setup please :)

C~Dog

Smash Champion
What? I set it up so that no one in the same pool would play each other first round...

Also pools seed for brackets attila... everyone who got first seed in pools is techincally as skilled as every other 1st seed. If people play bad during pools I can't be blamed for incorrect seeding.

Splice

Smash Hero
Actually I previously noticed how no-one in the same pool played each other first round, and rarely in the 2nd round too as well, so I think that was actually a pretty good job.

Really the seeding wasn't too bad, the way I see it, Afropony was the only one that got bracket *****.
Aled should have gone on Ledge and Vivas side
and Me Attila and Tibs on the side we were on would have been quite fair.

That was really the only problem. Is there anyway you could have done that Conor? With the pool results tibs and I provided you? :p Anyway I think Afro really was the only one who placed lower than he deserved due to his positioning.

I personally benefitted, got to play Tibs and were all close games (I can't actually remember any tbh), remembered the MU which i forgot since like DEC last year lol... also got to play Attila, stuffed up on starter, nearly brought it back on CP but, yeah, still gg's. Feeling good.
Doubles on the other hand, Need to get better :(:(

Attila_

BRoomer
i definitely played tanman in pools, then 1st round yesterday. poor guy.

and i dont think thats a completely valid point either; consider that tibor, afro, earl and myself are all about top 5, yet were all placed in the same side of the bracket. i think its pretty easy to contrast the skill within first seeds, and make a better bracket from there. i mean, im not discrediting toshi/leish/dean, but they are generally considered worse than afro/earl/myself. and tibor... well... he just made our side of the bracket even worse.

im not really complaining too much, just btw, just putting a few things out there. yesterday was a good day, although i think pools shouldnt run if there are that many tvs. everything just took too long. and i was so sad when doubles was cut short.

@ splice: fsmaaaaaaaaaashhhhhhhh

Splice

Smash Hero
Nah really was just Tibs fault, and my fault.

toshi is better than tibs, according to pools
And leisha is better than me, according to pools

Pools is a liar.

And it was because of those two factors in pools that the bracket was not proper. I will show you how if Tibs and Myself both did not screw up, the bracket would have been fine, by assigning numerical values to players:

Tibs-10
Attila - 9
Afro - 8
Ledge -8
Splice - 6
Toshi - 6
Viva - 5
Earl -5

If we swap tibs with toshi, it still doesnt add up, coz side 1 has 23, and side 2 has 34.
If we swap me with Leisha, its still side 1 has 25 and side 2 has 32. Closer, but still not good enough.
If both tibs and I didnt stuff up, we'd have side 1 with 29 and side 2 with 29. No johns.

If Afro had got 2nd seed, it would have been 27 on side 1 and side 2 with 30. That's just a fun fact though.

Anyway yeah, through no fault of Conors the bracket was a little messed, but the way he set it up was perfect. the numbers say so, 29=29 mmmyeah.

@ Attila : JUMP TOWAAAAARDSSSSssss ...

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Uh yeah shoutouts:

Tanman: you're a good player. I like your Sonic. 'Dorf dittos are silly though. Nice friendlies.
Khoa: good to see you, I don't we played much though. And the matches we did play were kinda silly. Oh well.
Tibs: yeah thanks for that one friendly.
Ledge: you're still quite a bit better than me. Just need a bit of a touch up in a few areas and you'll be one of the top players around. Nice games.
Joey: you're alright I guess.
Innu: you know your stuff it seems, which is good. Nice playing you, with a few more tournaments under your belt you'll be pretty decent. Hope you enjoyed yourself.
R-Rex: you're not too bad either. Made a few mistakes though, which more tournament experience will help iron out :)
Santa: I hope my advice isn't too bad and you come back again. Another player to watch out for in the future :)
Toshi: yeah I like talking to you. Good job for carrying your brother in doubles.
Pony + Splice: um yeah good games. You two pulled it back pretty well. See ye next tournament and all that.
Earl + Nicks: it seems you two are starting to get the new combination down well. Even on Green Greens...
Haydino: yeah we did pretty well, you carried us for a while. Need more practise together and we'll like, start winning.

I thought I played pretty well at this tournament, I just didn't... make it out of pools. Oh well, see you all next tournament! :)

ViVa

Smash Ace
Shoutouts

New guys: I hope you all had a great time yesterday, hopefully I can meet the ones I didn't meet next monthly, and to the few I did meet, nice to meet you :).

Tom: Out of nowhere there you were! =0 Nice to see you again man :D.

Leisha: Timed me out in pools wtf, what a *****, nah jks <3. Teams was pretty funny huh, Team Herpa Derp~ XD, sorry for being ******** and choosing distant planet in one of the games. Also I'm sorry to hear about the problem you were telling me about, hope it all works out okay :3. See you around.

Splice: Thanks for the rigged bracket, allowed me to place 3rd <3, beat me pretty hard in pools, I always forget how to fight your gnw properly.

Toshi: Finally beat you, FINALLY. GGs.

Jei: Kinda made me sad that you felt bad about losing to me before I beat ledge </3, oh well, GGs in singles.

Ledge: GGs in singles, man, hard cps never seem to work out for you huh, I always find a way to fludd gimp you like a lucky ******* =P. Please don't hate me =(.

Tibs: Weren't expecting me in winners final huh? =P, oh well, ***** my *** anyway, I need friendlies with you like at thriller so I can learn to keep up again. Also I love watching you play attila, it's awesome when one of you taunts the other. <3

Attila: Man, whenever I play you, you make me look like a complete scrub, I'm glad you said that you and tibs had been practicing and had improved after GFs, made me feel a little better about getting slaughtered by the both of you, Norfair match was amazing, can't wait for someone to upload it so I can watch it and lol, friendlies next tourney/meet I see you plz <3.

Cao: <3 for trying to create hype in the boards when I was in WFs.

People who congratulated me on my placing at the tourney and on the boards: <3 you guys.

Conor and Vermy: Thanks for the tourney, best one this year imo :3.

Also keep Norfair as cp plz, it's da bess

Splice

Smash Hero
Lazy Shoutouts:

Santa: I really hope you come to more tournaments, showed a lot of potential and large amount of knowledge about the game for your first tournament. I hope you continue to improve tremendously.

Other New People: I didn't play all of you but the people in my pool weren't too bad either. I hope everyone comes again, to see how much the first 3 tournaments can make you improve.
I went from 17th to 5th in 3 tournaments, I'm sure you will also improve enough to compete amongst the majority of the scene.

Afropony: So arrogant :p

Attila: Well, still no friendlies... QQ... but the most intense tourney set we've had so far, and you won it this time ... dang. GG's :)

Tibs: Yeah see I learned the Diddy MU again. But still got pretty lazy. MEH. Also you guys got much better in teams, but I don't think me and Aled were feeling it either.

C-Dog: GJ with the tournament, only thing you messed up was failure to start doubles at 5:00 as promised, but it's all good. I'd prefer singles last next time though, I much more like the friendly doubles atmosphere earlier on and then serious business as the night progresses, not the other way around.

Mikul: Sorry for failing in doubles. I won't try to make you team with me anymore xD

Viva: 3rd was pretty deserved by you tbh, I mean you probably weren't third best player there, but you beat Toshi, which is an acheivement for you, and once again proved your dominance over Gary, who I for example can't beat, so I think that you deserved a bit of cash anyway.

Leisha: Time out people more please! My match using Diddy against you was probably my favourite of the day tbh... Diddy is so fun!

Jei: Thought you had me this time... You are so good at beating MKs, guess you have to be, 'ey? Not using GaW against you made me appreciate you a lot more as a player, and then I used GaW against you, and surprised me again because it's never been that close O_O GG's

Dekar: The 246 is a pretty **** bus. ;)

Timic: I'm glad I could give you your first time-out in Brawl :) Also you need to get better CP stages against me in Ztop Beyblade battles.

Ledge: lol Rainbow Cruise Hahaahahha- ... ... have fun playing SC2 :'(

Dean: Yeah I'll see you round like a Donut.

Haydino: Was it good enough tournament to come back in September? Gotta try and win doubles with Dean I'm pretty sure, better come then yeah?

Joey: Good to see you as always

Toshi: Good to see you as well, you're so good in Melee O_O

Vermy: I'll see you at Soundwave ;)

There was like one more person who I thought it was important to shoutout, but i forgot.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Norfair's fine. Actually I thought all the stages were 'managable' except Green Greens. We found out last year why that should be banned. But in general I agree with going up to the part two of the 3.1 ruleset's recommended counterpick stage list.

Attila_

BRoomer
shoutouts:

people i played against

tibor: just a diddy. cant play in you in autopilot, i get gimped too much. shorter tourney and ill **** you scrub. oh, and doubles was the shizz. we've gotten way better without teaming for a few months.

viva: you're no scrub, you're just a mario main. id be happy to play/critique you at some point, we'll have to organize n2c. im all for helping people who wanna get better <3... oh, and norfair was amazing. AMAZING. good job man, make sure its not a one off.

afro: wont be playing falco on japes again. that was silly. otherwise, my sdi is too good. seriously. oh, and teach me the gw mu please, cause i really, really cant play it.

splice: cant say i deserved to beat you. i really didnt. i learn the mu one day, i swear. otherwise, more sadface at no friendlies. come to n2c next time; if youre parents say no, tell them ill give you a lift home <3 oh, and thanks for appreciating my falco. i think he is underwubed.

earl: you're marth is getting better, slowly but surely. am expecting big things from you next month. and you ***** me pretty hard in melee this time too. ill have to step it up for next time.

tanman: you get so much wubz, you're awesome. pity about the pool/bracket ****, you deserve better. try and con bendigo to come down next month; i wanna school them with captain falcon again :D

jei: ill fair you one day. omg our matches were so fun. hope you enjoyed them as much as i did.

dekar: lol @ surviving dsmashes at 150%. brawl has knockback diminish. <3

condog: gj on everything bro, smoothly ran despite the influx of new people. with more tvs next time we should manage to fit everything in. pity about the projector.

new kids: glad to see there are more people interested in the ******** game of brawl. hope that some of my advice was useful.

people who get wub

cao: baaaawwwwwwwwww. you fair for your friends. well come home bro, now let's go climbing.

tak: were you even there?

ashley: thanks for dropping by, your wubz is always appreciated <3

ledge: stop sding, so we can play each other in bracket. lol

toshi: YOU FREAKIN BEAT TIBOR IN POOLS YOURE AMAZING AND SHOULD COME FIRST AT ROBOCOP

leisha: how come we never play? next time, please track me down and ask for friendlies. please. oh, and thanks for saving our replays. looking forward to watching myself get ***** lol.

t-rex and little rex: glad to have you back son. and gj for bringing company.

and people who i forgot

sorry, im deliriously tired. i run too much. <3

in general

had fun, need to concentrate for longer if im ever gonna win. deteriorate hardcore. snake is like that i suppose. doubles was sensational, espc double nikita ko. like the doubles stage list, although i think the singles one needs to be toned down a little bit. namely, no japes/luigis/port down. keep norfair though <3

tibs7

Smash Champion
i havent done shoutouts in bout 3-4 tournies so here they are.

attila: get better. snake is terribly stupidly broken, you should be winning but then lose to awesomeness/clutchness, even though the MU is bad for me ( no joke). anyway, yeah dubs was ****, we could take elysium quite easily id think :p

viva: you're a champ, you did really well beating tosh and ledge, i wanted to see the matches :(. like attila said we'll try and help you out with whatever <3. but gj.

aled: SHAKE MY HAND! that pretty much made my day. too bad you're cp's didnt work out for you ehehe :p. next monthly if you're there i guarantee you'll do a little better. got beaten by myself and attila so yeah did well.

earl: friendlies gave me a decent idea of where you are at in skill level compared to shaya. you chase off the edge quite well, some spacing needs improving and yeah sometimes the random upB or neutral B isnt do great. you were pretty aggresive which i dont think is the best thing to do against diddy, but yeah you're still pretty good. gj.

deano: yeah no worries for the friendly haha, woulda played more but that TV was like uhh i cant insta throw :( or z catch :(. anyway i dont believe you didnt make it out of you're pool! next time i guess.

splice: yeah defs more challenging than last time we played. solid 2 stock (i think) on RC was ****. but yeah gnw with bananas has some potential i think just need more exp. me thinks. i cant believe how little lag upsmash has :O! i saw you play against attila and was really close gj with that.

toshi: yeah you're pretty good at the diddy MU but not good at the mario? wtf haha. i dont understand, maybe too much melee mixed with brawl happened. anyway gj beating me, dw it wont happen again ;) also with melee, ill try and play some this month so i can beat that dirty fox of yours :)

J4: luigi is a bad character in melee, go back to marth haha or jus play doc :3.

timic: to much IC dsmash, grabs dont work on doc? i had no idea.......but anyway GG's killed me game 2, just didnt keep that going game 3. maybe next time.

atticus: you're 10x better than i am, just need to learn the MU. next time you'll win for sure.

redrighthand: you're a legend good meeting you and seeing you play. ill watch you more next time and tell you what to do, its what i do best <3 lol.

there were heaps of new guys +1 girl (raik i think it was), which was awesome to see.
smash in melbourne i think was definitely revived with this tournament, hopefully we'll continue to see the scene grow and eventually consistantly get 50 ppl turnouts (longshot but w/e <3).
<3 melbourne smash.

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
Yay ViVa!

I hate how I missed out on such a huge turnout.

Whatever, my Wii will be repaired in like 4 or 5 more days, so I'll probably bring it to the next tourney. Do you still have that thing where you get free entry if you bring a console or t.v.?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Important Post

It has come to my attention that two players, Splice and Leisha, lied about the results of their pools at the most recent tournament. This was admitted by both players after the completion of the tournament, and this deception resulted in the incorrect seeding of the pool in question, and therefore the singles bracket. Both players had opportunities to admit fault, yet neither did.

It saddens me that as a result of this occurrence, I have to announce the addition of the following rule:
Any players caught falsifying tournament results will be immediately disqualifed. Multiple and/or severe occurances may result in the player being banned from one or more future events.​

I think it should go without saying that the integrity of the tournament, and the accuracy of it's results, relies on the honesty of all participants. I am very disappointed at both Splice and Leisha and the inexcusable way they conducted themselves on Saturday, and I hope that nothing like this happens again in the future. Consider this the first and only warning on this matter.

Thank you.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If there are any responses going to be made about the C~Dog's post, please take it to PM either through C~Dog or myself. Do not discuss it here.

Thanks!

Top Bottom