• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 3 Stock'd ~ Melbourne 2010 ~ Nope

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Usually goes from 12-10pm. I just haven't got the schedule up yet because its pretty far off xD

We start Doubles at 1pm, Singles at around 4-5pm.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Usually goes from 12-10pm. I just haven't got the schedule up yet because its pretty far off xD

We start Doubles at 1pm, Singles at around 4-5pm.
hey conor, did you read my suggestion before? if we flip the schedule, brawl finals should be able to be played on the projector, which would be pretty cool and great for hype.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
No tourney is planned, the best option would be for someone to hold a house meet.

EDIT: How many people would be willing to travel to my house for a meet? No promises, but if enough people are able/willing to then I could look into it.

Splice

Smash Hero
I wouldn't mind doing something.
haven't been able to go to the last two tournies and I haven't played much recently either. :s
Aled I can probably start going to your house after school again if you want.
Organise on MSN or txt me if you want, most days are freed up for me again.

Haydino

Smash Cadet
Team with me, my alter ego!
I'm gonna miss ya buddy ;(
I only just realised i hadnt responded to this yet... Sorry Dean

Sounds good but expect me to be fail now

Hi to all the new people

Also im up for a meet if one happens but i have rather limted transport options atm so im just a maybe for anything happens

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I only just realised i hadnt responded to this yet... Sorry Dean

Sounds good but expect me to be fail now

Hi to all the new people

Also im up for a meet if one happens but i have rather limted transport options atm so im just a maybe for anything happens
That's alright, I'm quite bad myself.
I think it would be good to get some new people that stick around for more than 1-2 tournaments. There haven't been too many new people since I've joined, so here's hoping :)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Well In order to keep new people from leaving, people have to keep them confortable. I've noticed people will sometimes only keep in contact with new people unless they're considered "good" :/. Something i've picked up during the time ive been here. Not going to mention names though.

Anyways, Im looking forward to the next tournament. might convince ricky to come or something xP

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
It's k Leisha if I start running tourneys again I'll be sure to bring in the numbers. I think my success rate for new people returning was something like 200%?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Each person who came brought another person back? That's ****ing **** dude.

It's okay guys, basically the news guys will stay as long as Gary doesn't go against them on their first day.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
remember jei's rule of like, bring a new person they get in for free or something? great way to encourage growth

earla

Smash Lord
x stigma virgin ^

is this tourney going to be held on the 8th as well corresponding with couch warriors?

jei is considering running tourneys again? awesome.

Splice

Smash Hero
It's okay guys, basically the news guys will stay as long as Gary doesn't go against them on their first day.
Yeah blame Gary, it's true, he made my friend James never play Brawl again because Gary ran away and camped with Fox the whole game, took like 17% damage, and at my first tournament my friend Daniel quit because Gary beat him with his own character. What a *******.

l2notbesoserious, Gaz. =/

C~Dog

Smash Champion
attila: dun b gay
Earl: Cao has posted nothing about a date change, and I haven't heard anything about it besides what Shaz posted, and that's hardly official. So it's still the 7th, if it changes I'll tell you guys.
GARY: GOD****IT STOP BEING SO SRS

Also, the bring-a-friend-enter-for-free thing sounds like a good deal, I'll definitely think about it. Great way to encourage bringing new people.

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
remember jei's rule of like, bring a new person they get in for free or something? great way to encourage growth
Rofl I remember that, I think I gave Aled free entry, not sure.

Those tourneys were great, because there were both people who were good and bad at brawl. Now there's just heaps of good people and a me and maybe one or two other people who are still scrubby.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
but who's going to bother going to tourneys that wizpig isnt at dekar?
not me thats who.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Lawl I remember back in the day we used to get 40 people show up. xD good times..

I havent seen atlas around here in a while either, assumed he quit. There was others aswell who have disapeared too.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
but who's going to bother going to tourneys that wizpig isnt at dekar?
not me thats who.
with no wizpig people can bring in food and not have to worry about defending it with a sword

sooo if we move to sunday we get around 15 more people every month
which is like a 50% improvement

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Yeah too many good people at tournaments these days. I reckon the Ateyo ruleset or the Don't Come 2 ruleset as a side tournament could make things interesting. It'll make things potentially easier for newcomers and it'll keep tournaments "fresh".

Oh, and I never knew Gary was so mean.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Haha, I've stopped it now. I used fox agressively the last tourney against the new guy :).
Reason I didn't hold back against new guys is cos; When I'm new to a game, I like it when my opponent gives his all. So I know what people are capable of and so I can learn the proper metagame quickly. But yeah i'll go easy with them from now on, unless they ask of course =).

Dekar289

Smash Hero
**** that ledge stick it to the new kids
if they cry and never come back, that's a terrible attitude to have

Top Bottom