• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 3 Stock'd ~ Melbourne 2010 ~ Nope

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
You were awesome apparently ;)
Nah you really did perform magnificently. If you weren't under-age....

Ahem. Anyway, I wanna make a thread or add it to the Power Rankings thread, this list.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Hey, top 4's pretty pimp. Highest I've ever come is 9th, so it seems I'm no longer the best Marth in Victoria ;(.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Maybe we could just add it to the PR thread, Just rename it to Melbourne pr and a good sentence that provides that info. XD

Or you could just make a thread if people dont mind.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Not the PR thread imo. Doesn't need to be cluttered by unrelated things.

Do it in the social thread.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Rrh, you found the thread! good to see. Looks as if august will be pretty good.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
one thing that ive been thinking about...

why doesnt brawl get the same hype from cw as ssf4?

i mean, we pay the same entry fee (on a good day, we also make up a large amount of the participants), but the finals of our game are relegated to small tvs, while ssf4 top 8 all play on the projector. i kinda think this is a little unfair, and some hype would really benefit our scene. also, if you have singles on at the start of the day, it could be finished before the ssf4 guys even need to use it. thoughts?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
one thing that ive been thinking about...

why doesnt brawl get the same hype from cw as ssf4?

i mean, we pay the same entry fee (on a good day, we also make up a large amount of the participants), but the finals of our game are relegated to small tvs, while ssf4 top 8 all play on the projector. i kinda think this is a little unfair, and some hype would really benefit our scene. also, if you have singles on at the start of the day, it could be finished before the ssf4 guys even need to use it. thoughts?

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
i've been told by one of the orginisers that the timetable is currently being looked at and they may change ssf4 to earlier in the day, you should ask Cao or the orginisers (Loki, Zan, Nick etc if you want to pursue the issue imo)

earla

Smash Lord
y is haydino and alfa quitting? you guys are always welcome to drop by. don't quit, just play very casually, whenever you feel like it. it's no biggy

DjChopper24

Smash Cadet
I remember you guys too, heh. Hope things have been well all this time! ^_^

I pretty much just stopped playing at the start of last year; I'm not sure exactly why, probably just a bit of boredom or I was just playing pretty badly most of the time. But the passion has been reignited once more... hopefully I can play more often.

redrighthand

Smash Apprentice
Rrh, you found the thread! good to see. Looks as if august will be pretty good.
Yeah I'm pretty excited for it, be great to meet people. Cheers for the referral tibs ^^
@leishachu my brother is a step brother who is the same age, and the friend is mine so there won't be any little children running around :)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yeah I'm pretty excited for it, be great to meet people. Cheers for the referral tibs ^^
@leishachu my brother is a step brother who is the same age, and the friend is mine so there won't be any little children running around :)
Ah okay I see, I actually have one older brother and a step brother. Step brother is waaay older then me though XD.

Either way pretty cool :)

Can't wait to meet all of you new players on August.

=D

Rhythm_Raik

Smash Rookie
Ah okay I see, I actually have one older brother and a step brother. Step brother is waaay older then me though XD.

Either way pretty cool :)

Can't wait to meet all of you new players on August.
I have a step-bro, the kid's 11 so he's not coming. Plus he spams.

Dunno if I could come, we'll see. I want to though. :D

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Any updates on the August tournament dates?

And to all new people, if you are free this weekend and want your first taste of the Melbourne Smash Scene, I'm having a huge meet at my house from Friday - Sunday. If you wanted to attend just ask Conor about it today or visit the SW Marathon thread. You are all very welcome ^__^

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
We have dates for the rest of the season; check the Melee CW thread OP for the dates - the next one is usually the first Saturday of the month.

Rhythm_Raik

Smash Rookie
Any updates on the August tournament dates?

And to all new people, if you are free this weekend and want your first taste of the Melbourne Smash Scene, I'm having a huge meet at my house from Friday - Sunday. If you wanted to attend just ask Conor about it today or visit the SW Marathon thread. You are all very welcome ^__^
Don't think Mum'll let me because I don't know most of you. :S Are most of the tournaments at people's homes, or in public areas?

Top Bottom