• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 3 Stock'd ~ Melbourne 2010 ~ Nope

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
*coughcoughsnakecough*

toby beats the combined might of the baranay brothers (is that how you spell it?)
such arguments hold no interest for me since I'm snake and I'm win on every level, and the ones I'm not win on have conveniently been banned ;)

needs more snake and less falco Attila, if you dont use snake who are my brothers in arms?
snake loses to mk. and his best stages against him (halberd aside, its always banned anyway) are all considered neutral atm. taking away fd takes away one more stage that is viable against mk.

and im beginning to think falco is better than snake. at least, it wouldn't surprise me if he was higher than snake in a tier list or two. and everyone knows the snake mu, which doesnt make things easier.

*baranyay

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
The point of neutrals isn't to diminish MK's chances. =/

Everyone knows the Snake matchup better than the Falco matchup over because decent Falco players are a rarity in these parts. And I wouldn't even really say either is clearly better than the other or anything. Snake, Diddy and Falco all seem to be doing very well for themselves, could go either way really, and it probably just come down to a few silly votes. It's the tier that matters, rather than their numbered placement imo.

Toby.

Smash Master
The point of neutrals isn't to diminish MK's chances. =/

Everyone knows the Snake matchup better than the Falco matchup over because decent Falco players are a rarity in these parts. And I wouldn't even really say either is clearly better than the other or anything. Snake, Diddy and Falco all seem to be doing very well for themselves, could go either way really, and it probably just come down to a few silly votes. It's the tier that matters, rather than their numbered placement imo.
I like it when you post because it's so sensible :)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yes taking away fd takes away a great stage for snake against metaknight, but the other neutrals all work out rather well, smashville, whilst being a good stage for snake is a little small and it in mks favor imo, battlefield should be in mk's favour but theres some great stuff snake can do there so its about even i think, yoshis island is great because the middle platform makes it hard for mk to approach from the air, and ps1 is also a great stage for snake against meta.

sure halberd is his best against mk, and that gets banned, but pictochat is like a better fd that is also really good against mk.

do i count as a brother if i use Luigi and second Snake?

for i am a man.
I'd think of you as a brother
but your more like a lover

C~Dog

Smash Champion
that is actually very sensible. yes.

next month we can go back to a REAL ruleset though. oh no he didnt!

Did you use the word actually to emphasis that I don't make many sensible decisions, and that since this is such a wild departure from the norm that you had best draw attention to it?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Guys stop complaining about rule-sets. xD Just test how they go first then you can complain after its done.

But yes I agree, use the thriller ruleset for this tourney

Attila_

BRoomer

Did you use the word actually to emphasis that I don't make many sensible decisions, and that since this is such a wild departure from the norm that you had best draw attention to it?
i was more so criticizing shaya's ability to make the said decisions, given that WE ARE GOING TO USE HIS RULESET THIS MONTH.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I actually really liked the look of Thriller's ruleset... looked well thought out. Be fun to try out next week.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Equipment Call

Okay tourney is this in five days, so if people could please tell me what equipment they are able to bring that would be great. TVs are needed as usual, as are recording setups but we really need Wiis + Brawl. Last tourney there were three unused TVs O: We really appreciate it when people bring stuff, and it makes everything run a lot faster :)

Equipment
C~Dog - Wii + Brawl + Brawl + Powerboards/Cables
Vermy - Wii + Brawl
Cao - 4 TVs for Brawl
Leish - Wii
Ledge - Wii + Brawl
Dean - Wii + Brawl
A' - Wii
ViVa - Wii

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Should be able to bring a Wii but no TV this time.
Apparently my TV sucks but oh well.

Tourneys aren't the same without X.

Attila_

BRoomer
tibor and myself will be there after we 'squish-squee wub wub' our little niece at her birthday party. hopefully in time for doubles this time.

will be bringing a wii, but my aunty took the spare tv, so i cant bring one of those O_o

Dekar289

Smash Hero
if you bring a tv there can be lots of friendlies and stuff and the tourney runs faster etc
and you won't be tempted to go near our melee tvs and poison them

p.s. splice is better than bryan he best him in crewz
play melee

_X_

Smash Lord
Abbotsford Convent

TheAge.com.au said:
The management of Abbotsford Convent has been accused of forgetting its community roots following the threatened eviction of pay-by-donation restaurant Lentil as Anything.

Six years after public protests forced the state government to entrust the historic site to the community, there are growing concerns among some tenants that the board of management is pursuing profit over people - a claim rejected by the site's chief executive as "crazy".

Lentil as Anything was told last week its site could be put out to tender when the lease expires at the end of this year, paving the way for a possible high-rent replacement.

Shanaka Fernando and head chef Errol Schwallie at Lentil as Anything yesterday. Photo: Joseph Feil
Restaurant founder Shanaka Fernando said yesterday it showed management was "strongly out of touch" with the community responsible for its very existence.

Thousands of people have since registered their support for a campaign to save the charity restaurant's Abbotsford outlet.

"It's a case of Save the Abbotsford Convent take two," Mr Fernando said.

Lentil as Anything has banded with the convent's other original tenants to address what they claim is a lack of long-term vision and transparency from the Abbotsford Convent Foundation, the body charged with managing the inner-east arts, cultural and education precinct.

Mr Fernando, who was part of initial community protests to save the convent site from development, said tenants had no representation on the board and little idea of what the future held.

He has called for the government to step in and a new board to be democratically elected.

And he said yesterday he would not accept a new lease unless there were "fundamental changes" to the board's aspirations and conduct, such as regular communication with tenants and the greater community.

Convent Bakery owner and coalition member Arnold Salinas agreed there was "a lot of uncertainty about where the convent is heading".

While his own site was secure until 2016, Mr Salinas said whatever happened to Lentil as Anything could be repeated as more leases expired.

He feared a tendering process would increase the rent on the Lentil site, forcing any replacement to be more profit-driven and reducing the convent to a "shopping centre mentality".

"Their driving force is not going to be any community spirit, it's just going to be based on how much money can they really get out of their business," he said.

"For a community space, a tendering process will do a great deal of damage."

Abbotsford Convent Foundation chief executive Maggie Maguire said the board received a letter from Mr Fernando yesterday and was "certainly open to conversations".

"We are looking at having a significant stakeholder meeting so that there can be that conversation between the board and the tenants," she said.

Ms Maguire could not confirm the Lentil site would be open to tender, saying the board was "considering all sorts of options".

She said the board had upheld the original vision for Abbotsford Convent, which was for an arts, culture and education precinct.

ACF funded its operations budget each year through leases, carparking and events but "making a profit is never, ever a priority above our community," Ms Maguire said.

Lentil as Anything is a not-for-profit operation that provides training and jobs for refugees, unemployed and homeless people in four sites throughout Melbourne.

The Abbotsford site employs 60 people and serves more than 500 vegetarian meals each day.

Writer Arnold Zable has organised a petition urging the state government to reverse the Abbotsford decision and Housing Minister Richard Wynne has written to the board recommending the restaurant remain.

Singer Missy Higgins has also leapt to their defence, yesterday describing the restaurant as a "Melbourne institution" that brought "a much-needed sense of culture and community to the convent".

Age readers have voted overwhelmingly in favour of retaining Lentil as Anything at Abbotsford Convent, with 91 per cent of the 3537 votes received by 7pm yesterday saying it was the best venue for the restaurant.
Source.

Smashers aren't paying their rent either...

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I believe Splice teams with someone different every month, i'm not sure who he's teaming with this one.

EDIT: what a ****ty custom title

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Tanman isn't coming tomorrow, so I have obtained a video camera to record matches with. Yaaay

Top Bottom