• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Viability Ratings v2 | Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
How is spacing Ryu's bair difficult? It has low landing lag and comes out quickly.
Try spacing correctly on demand with poor air acceleration and the fact that B-air hits REALLY high and whiffs on characters that aren't explicitly tall when rising. You have to actually be pretty input intensive to be connecting that consistently...and to be spaced safely simultaneously.

Not that spacing in general isn't complicated for everyone, it's just kinda ridiculous on Ryu.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Speaking of Ryu

9B-sama!!!!

Feels good to be be able to x-copy someone else for a change.

Stealing all the Nair tech.

ALL OF IT!!!!!!

Coffee™

I need it....
You really seriously think the SF inputs are hard to deal with? Bruh, that ain't even the hardest part of playing Ryu. Try actually spacing correctly in neutral and realize how much precision and forethought it requires.

I hate being tech heavy in my gameplay, but I can whip out D-tilt hit confirms into either SRK or Shakanetsu reliably. But that doesn't hold a candle to just spacing Ryu's B-air correctly in terms of execution difficulty.
On a random note, you can take this quote and apply it to pretty much all of Greninja's aerials...lol

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Speaking of Ryu

9B-sama!!!!

ALL OF IT!!!!!!
Called this so long ago lol and I don't even use Ryu.

Short hop double nair seems pretty dang good, too. Can get easy 30+ % combos from low%+ with something as simple as nair(sourspot)->nair(sweetspot)->jab->SRK or pretty much anything after the nair sweetspot.

Pretty safe since nair is 6 frame landing lag lol.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Radical Larry said:
I'm still trying to discover things with Samus, trying to figure out how to get her to be better, and trying to do a few things. Anyone got good tips with her? I know a bit to win, but not all of it.
We are a generally friendly and welcoming bunch on the Samus boards. Check out the stickied links for matchup XP, the combo thread and knowledge compendium for tips and ATs and links to other good threads with specific info.
The game play video thread is where most people post their vids for critque as well as montages, combo and string displays, etc...
Many of us do not think the character is dead in the water, even as is with no patch.

Last edited:

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
There is SO MUCH WRONG WITH THIS POST.
I'm being serious here. Let me put it into these terms okay?

Ganondorf's Grab Game

It's not the most spectacular of grab games, but it's still a good one nonetheless. His neutral grab is short ranged, yes, but let's remember who also has a short range grab in this game (Jigglypuff, Pikachu and even Captain Falcon come to mind). His neutral grab is something of moderate speed and good to punish attackers who come airborne or roll into it.

His running grab on the other hand aids him out significantly. Despite popular belief, it's not at all that bad; you can bait opponents into trying to come toward you and you'll have ample time to grab them as long as you can read what they're pulling out. Dash grab is good for a number of things because it has 3 times normal range than ever, but people don't like it because of Ganondorf's slow speed. But what would you rather have? Captain Falcon's dash grab where you can't even grab an opponent point blank, or Ganondorf's grab where you can grab point blank?

His pivot grab is not good, but not bad. It increases the range just a bit but the problem is, is that Ganondorf's running speed isn't the best. Instead of trying to rush opponents in with this, it's better to retreat pivot grab. Think of it like using F-Tilt while running away from the opponent, but you can actually grab them instead.

But then there's the fact of Flame Choke, which is perfect for tech chases and D-Tilts, as well as reading opponents using attack getup and retaliating with a plethora of Ganondorf's attacks, such as F-Air, D-Air and the best to use, D-Spec. However, there are certain characters with hitboxes large enough to be hit by F-Tilt, which makes this extra dangerous; if you tech, Ganondorf might read and grab you with another Flame Choke until you tech backwards or in the same spot. If you play someone like Kirby, the damage just racks up and up until you might eventually be KO'd by an F-Tilt and then an edge-guard attack. And let's not forget that Flame Choke is literally a win on last stocks for Ganondorf.

Let's not end it there and head to his Dark Dive. You might not think anything of it because of its bad knockback, but the thing is, it's meant for Ganondorf's humongous recovery on grab. The attack has a huge reach not only on ledges, but opponents. There are times where Ganondorf will seemingly teleport to an opponent with Dark Dive and gain a huge boost in recovery. But thing is, Ganondorf uses this grab not for recovery only, but also for stage spikes, and the closer to the stage Ganondorf is while he's using it on an opponent, the more likely the opponent cannot tech it.

Let's end it here because people often forget Flame Wave being a very early KO tool for Ganondorf's grab game.

But now for his throws; super heavyweights (outside of Donkey Kong) would kill for his throws. 13% forward throw, 10% up throw and back throw and 7% down throw. Not bad considering other throws don't total up 40% most of the time (calculated). Now while three of the four throws do not have much set ups, Back Throw and Forward Throw are good for edge-guarding and blast line KOs, with Forward Throw dealing great damage. Down Throw on the other hand, can link into attacks like U-Air, D-Spec, N-Air and Dash Attack, and is good for mind games and reading air dodges for follow up attacks.

I've known a lot of Ganondorf's grab game because I play as him and am steadily learning onto how to improve my Ganondorf game.

As for Mewtwo's whole process, let me tell you that he's not unfinished. If that were the case, Lucas, Roy and Ryu would be heavily unfinished as well. It took the developers time to actually make Mewtwo, and if you don't appreciate Mewtwo in the game, you don't have to play as him, but if you call him an unfinished character, that means you don't want to take the real necessary time to actually play as him and figure out some really good techs with him. You have to understand, Mewtwo might not be the best character, but he's nowhere to be called an "unfinished draft". It's called learning a character out to the bone for a reason instead of making up an excuse on why you can't play him right or utilize his tools properly.

Instead of making up a dumb excuse for him, why not give him more time? You can't say for 100% certainty that Mewtwo is unfinished in this game, not just yet. And who knows, there may be updates that hit around the future that will buff Mewtwo in some way or fashion. You just never, ever know until you look at the character a lot more.

But honestly, calling him an "unfinished character" is an excuse, and in Smash terms, a John. You have the option not to play Mewtwo, just like you'd have the option to not play as any other character in the game.

This is not pointed toward you necessarily, Vipermoon, but to everyone who quoted my post. You might say there's so much wrong with my previous post, but when I resort to making a longer post, I am trying to make a serious discussion.

We are a generally friendly and welcoming bunch on the Samus boards. Check out the stickied links for matchup XP, the combo thread and knowledge compendium for tips and ATs and links to other good threads with specific info.
The game play video thread is where most people post their vids for critque as well as montages, combo and string displays, etc...
Many of us do not think the character is dead in the water, even as is.
I'll check the Samus boards out sometime then, see if I can find anything to improve my game with her and see if she really does stack up against the opponents.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
when like 1/3rd of a character's moves don't have proper hitboxes i think you can tell they're not finished

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Ganondorf's grab is bad, including Dash and Pivot grab. It's salvaged by having an amazing set of throws though. F-throw and B-throw are god tier for getting people offstage where Ganon shines- no, devours light, and D-throw is a surprisingly good combo/setup throw.

Now if Ganon would stop playing patty cake and actually kill some people with his U-throw, it'd be perfect.

Last edited:

Sir Tundra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Righteous
3DS FC
2938-7133-5824
Playing ryu with an analog stick aint that hard but playing him with the 3ds controls will have you ripping out your hairs.

I wonder how awesome ryu would be if smash 4 actually had arcade stick support?

I currently think
Is Fox a problem right now? Soso... Enough weaknesses (light, average recovery, easy to combo). The moment Luigi dies is perhaps the moment we start calling for Fox nerfs. IF I was going to think of anything it would be maybe a little KB off Up Smash (something that's as fast as it is and gets combo'd into reliably). With Luigi culling in mind, Fox would be an easy top 3 for me though.
Hey we already lost our jab lock combo's and that was bad enough. Anymore nerfs and fox may end up having a character identity crisis like Falco

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yeah, I can understand choosing a more broken character over a less powerful one if your MU against that character is better. I'd probably take prepatch Diddy over current Sheik. Not totally sure on that since he WAS really dumb but he could never abuse a shielding Greninja the same way Sheik can.

At risk of a massive wall of text explaining why Falco sucks... :p

...I'd argue he's already solidly mid tier. He can do very scary things to you now that he has a coherent game plan up close, and getting grabbed by him is bad news. Even though lasers aren't great, I think he's still pretty good at forcing approaches. He has probably the best reflector in the game which prevents others from zoning him too heavily, and lasers to tack on damage from afar. I'm not saying Falco couldn't use more tuning but I think he's in a decent spot.
Nah, it's a difference between dealing with one shenanigan and dealing with multiple shenanigans. The only insane thing about Diddy was his Uair which was something like a ZSS Uair with the speed of Mario's Uair - right now, it's a Mario Uair with a Mario Uair speed. Diddy's range game isn't that troublesome either since Banana Peel is item play and Peanut Popgun's not exactly great nor bad. This creates a situation where Diddy and Falco preferring to fight at close range lets Falco fight at his greatest strength: close combat. Regardless of patches, I really think that Falco doesn't go anywhere near 30:70 against Diddy, but I don't think he beats Diddy or anyone at all. Being able to say that he could go 40:60 against a character regarded as above Sheik pre-pre-patch means a lot, but since that was also the time of Falco can't auto-cancel Blaster, therefore, he sucks didn't help and there's no way to prove it since nobody wants to play previous patches. I mean, why would you?

The mistakes Falco can make against Diddy are less painful compared to Luigi. I mean, what's going to happen? The usual Diddy setups where you died to D-throw to Uair, Banana Peel to Side Smash, or Dtilt to Up Smash that kills at reasonable percents? Launch Diddy could take most characters to 20% to 30% off of a grab, but not kill until 100%-ish after several followups be they through scoring hits or setting up followups. Luigi can take Falco and Fox to 30% to 40% in seconds and potentially off one grab and then kill them fairly early through Luigi Cyclone gimps or just outright killing them at 90%. It doesn't help that basic options like jab doesn't work against Luigi, especially for Falco now since Fox has that phantom hit for his rapid jab and the major end lag increase from Brawl to Smash 4 for Falco's jab 1 and jab 2. At least Fox has ground speed to try and maneuver around and he can chip away at Luigi much more safely with Blaster. Falco can't zone properly and runs slower than Luigi. That major issue of being unable to reset, force a breather, and do damage at range really hurts added onto Falco's strong close combat is kind of made stupid by a combination of harsh changes to Falco's jab and grab and how Luigi functions in Smash 4. In Brawl, Falco could rack up a ton of damage by lasering Luigi while in Smash 4, Falco struggles to zone against Ganondorf, DK, Triple D, Charizard, and Bowser who with their large bodies, should probably have trouble against projectiles, but the thin laser and massive end lag makes them laugh at Falco's attempts to zone. In Brawl, people could still Nair Falco through his jab, but at least he could control range so he wouldn't be forced to play close up all the time even if he's good at it.

The issue with saying Falco is mid tier is that Luigi's popular. You have a character who potentially hard counters or creates enough issues where Falco's decent - as in he's not getting horribly destroyed - MU spread against other characters including other popular characters like Fox, Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Sonic, Diddy, and even Sheik won't really matter. Falco can be mid tier all he wants, but there's a green army out there hindering him from going anywhere. It doesn't help that he doesn't win any MUs, so there wouldn't be a reason to use him unlike ROB, the Pits, Villager, or Marth where you could say, "Hey, this character might get hard countered by that character, but at least he wins against these characters." That was pretty much what it was like for mid tiers in Brawl dreading Triple D's reign. In Smash 4, if the meta was not Diddy, Sheik, Fox, Captain Falcon, and Luigi, but Rosalina, Luigi, Shulk, customs Palutena, and ZSS, Falco would utterly not be viable at all. Fortunately, it's not, but it's still a struggle when Luigi looms over him.

Hey we already lost our jab lock combo's and that was bad enough. Anymore nerfs and fox may end up having a character identity crisis like Falco
Hey, that jab lock was abusive. At least you still have a way to guarantee jab to Up Smash and I believe Down Smash - I think you have to pivot it. And you can still jab to tilts. Then you have your Nair, Fair, and Dair to Up Smash, you can style with shine spikes, and your ability to harass at range is still in tact and better than before.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
[T]he Pits ... where you could say, "Hey, this character might get hard countered by that character, but at least he wins against these characters."
Pit doesn't get hard countered by anybody. Kinda difficult to hard counter a character with no truly exploitable weaknesses.

Sorry, that tiny detail stuck out to me and I had to address it.

Good stuff otherwise.

You say Falco doesn't have any matchups where he realistically wins. I don't know a damn thing about Falco, is that...is that really true? Or do you mean he doesn't win any matchups very well? This is news to me, friend Ffamran.

EDIT: For the record, I know it's an abstract example to explain your thesis. Just wanted to make mention of it because Pit's kinda the only character I understand, heh.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Fair enough. If they buff the IASA I just hope it keeps the Sakurai angle for Pill resets.
Well yeah, it's just....his Bair is really good, you're not WRONG in that it's one of his best attributes. But I feel like a good projectile would give him a diverse, much better neutral really.

It would make resets easier, everything easier.

Also Falco beats most of the low tiers and some of the mid IMO. He's only held back by poor shield options, quite frankly. He's REALLY not that bad of a character, I'm not going to undersell him.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Pit doesn't get hard countered by anybody. Kinda difficult to hard counter a character with no truly exploitable weaknesses.

Sorry, that tiny detail stuck out to me and I had to address it.

Good stuff otherwise.

You say Falco doesn't have any matchups where he realistically wins. I don't know a damn thing about Falco, is that...is that really true? Or do you mean he doesn't win any matchups very well? This is news to me, friend Ffamran.
I know, but let's say if you don't get hard countered by anyone, you don't lose to anyone, and you don't really win against anyone, but you have really good MUs, be they even or advantaged, against say, Captain Falcon, Diddy, Luigi, Yoshi, and Mario against common characters. That's pretty good since you can say you have some winning or good MUs. There's value to playing that character, especially since it would be all on you to win and it's never my character wins/loses against that character. A character who goes 40:60 against the entire cast is still better than a character who has several 30:70s, some 50:50s, and mostly 40:60s. That character at least performs overall the same against the entire cast while the other has iffies with some characters which if they happen to be popular, makes it much worse.

I really think Falco has no winning MUs. Not against Dr. Mario, DK, Triple D, Samus, Zelda, or whoever you think is a bottom tier or low tier character or who should in theory be disadvantaged because of Falco's fast, strong combo game against larger characters like Bowser or Ganondorf. The closest thing Falco has to a winning MU is a ditto which technically means he loses and wins at the same time. Next up to that would be something like he goes even with Fox, Villager, possibly Captain Falcon, and being able to say he doesn't get wrecked by Diddy or Sonic and Sheik, but only if that Sheik really isn't playing at a high level. Outside of Rosalina, Luigi, probably Meta Knight, Shulk, and probably ZSS, Falco wins by not losing hard and being able to manage MUs people find troublesome like Villager and Sonic. Give him a functioning projectile game and he'll probably have some slightly winning MUs and more evens.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I know, but let's say if you don't get hard countered by anyone, you don't lose to anyone, and you don't really win against anyone, but you have really good MUs, be they even or advantaged, against say, Captain Falcon, Diddy, Luigi, Yoshi, and Mario against common characters. That's pretty good since you can say you have some winning or good MUs. There's value to playing that character, especially since it would be all on you to win and it's never my character wins/loses against that character. A character who goes 40:60 against the entire cast is still better than a character who has several 30:70s, some 50:50s, and mostly 40:60s. That character at least performs overall the same against the entire cast while the other has iffies with some characters which if they happen to be popular, makes it much worse.
Oh, I know, my issue was just with the notion that Pit has a hard counter.

Semantics, that's that.

I really think Falco has no winning MUs. Not against Dr. Mario, DK, Triple D, Samus, Zelda, or whoever you think is a bottom tier or low tier character or who should in theory be disadvantaged because of Falco's fast, strong combo game against larger characters like Bowser or Ganondorf. The closest thing Falco has to a winning MU is a ditto which technically means he loses and wins at the same time. Next up to that would be something like he goes even with Fox, Villager, possibly Captain Falcon, and being able to say he doesn't get wrecked by Diddy or Sonic and Sheik, but only if that Sheik really isn't playing at a high level. Outside of Rosalina, Luigi, probably Meta Knight, Shulk, and probably ZSS, Falco wins by not losing hard and being able to manage MUs people find troublesome like Villager and Sonic. Give him a functioning projectile game and he'll probably have some slightly winning MUs and more evens.
Makes sense. As I say, I don't know Falco well enough to make an informed judgement, but I reckon going even with or being relatively okay in the presence of most of the top-tiers ensures he isn't totally invalidated.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I am pretty positive he has winning MUs. Characters like Mewtwo for instance, that's an easy one.

I'm sorry but I am fully unconvinced that he has "no winning MUs." If you mean vs. the top/best of the high tier, I'd agree.

But vs. the entire cast? No, just no. I am 100% unshaken in my belief that he beats most of the low tier solidly (either by 6:4 or 55:45) with a few even MUs, and only really struggles against specific top tiers that gate him down to mid and not high because of his kinda unreliable shield options and other things.

I'm not a giant Falco main, I mess around with the character a lot though, and I can safely say he at least wins 5 matchups and likely more when you look at it realistically.

I don't disagree with a lot of your character analysis @ Ffamran Ffamran but this is where I will. You're a bro though, keep spreading the gospel.

Last edited:

Sir Tundra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Righteous
3DS FC
2938-7133-5824
Hey, that jab lock was abusive. At least you still have a way to guarantee jab to Up Smash and I believe Down Smash - I think you have to pivot it. And you can still jab to tilts. Then you have your Nair, Fair, and Dair to Up Smash, you can style with shine spikes, and your ability to harass at range is still in tact and better than before.
Well yeah it was abusive but you could DI out of it. Not to mention some characters could escape from it. we can also jab into up smash however it requires spacing since the tip of the jab sends you up while the up close hitbox pushes you back. Although perfect pivoting makes kill confirming into up smash alot easier, I'm not sure if fox can kill confirm into down smash though. Nair and dair are guaranteed but fair spiking into up smash can be teched(If only people started to tech it more).

I just saw some DK destruction on stream. Like seriously people think DK is top tier right now LOL
Serisously? people think DK is top tier?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Speaking of Ryu

9B-sama!!!!

ALL OF IT!!!!!!
0:44, that combo goes with the music perfectly.

And yeah Ryu's N-air is pretty crazy. Way better IASA than most lingering N-airs, 6 frames landing lag and Ryu has the airspeed to combo off of it.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So, realistically, to be solo viable, what amount of the roster would a character have to have a good matchup against?

Is the character viable if - in theory - they beat every top-tier (up to and including Sheik), but struggled hard with various mid-tier characters?

Would the mid-tier characters in question become viable pockets to counter the character?

Is it enough to be comfortable with most top-tier matchups, or does it need to extend out beyond that?

Sir Tundra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Righteous
3DS FC
2938-7133-5824
So, realistically, to be solo viable, what amount of the roster would a character have to have a good matchup against?

Is the character viable if - in theory - they beat every top-tier (up to and including Sheik), but struggled hard with various mid-tier characters?

Would the mid-tier characters in question become viable pockets to counter the character?

Is it enough to be comfortable with most top-tier matchups, or does it need to extend out beyond that?
If a character could beat every top tier as in have the mu be in that characters favor then that character would be top/high tier themselves no matter how many bad mid tier mu's that character has, Since top/high tier characters are seen often in tournaments and mid tiers aren't seen as much. Now if you mean beat as in stand a chance then that could make the character viable(I think).

The chance's of seeing that characters bad mid tier mu's would be quite rare. however it would often be best to have a secondary just in case.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Ganon's reward on Grab is waaaay above average but how on earth do you even get the grab?
Hard work and determination.
Seriously though Ganon's throws are all solid except U-throw (which even then has a few niches), if only he didn't grab like a T-rex.

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
You really seriously think the SF inputs are hard to deal with? Bruh, that ain't even the hardest part of playing Ryu. Try actually spacing correctly in neutral and realize how much precision and forethought it requires.

I hate being tech heavy in my gameplay, but I can whip out D-tilt hit confirms into either SRK or Shakanetsu reliably. But that doesn't hold a candle to just spacing Ryu's B-air correctly in terms of execution difficulty.
Never said it was hard, just that they work badly compared to SF. Spacing wise Ryu's hitboxes and active frames are really good though, I think players are overhyping his difficulty and using it as a sort of crutch like with Shulk in the beginning.

I was totally with you till you said Hadouken is terrible. like what?

Also if you cant do SF inputs on analog im sorry but you need to git gud.

I played Ivy in Soul Caliber 2 for gamecube.

THAT was hard.
In terms of raw stats and attributes, hadoken isn't a good projectile. Heavy endlag, mediocre damage, limited follow-up options (only from slow shakunetsu) and pretty much half the cast can, as much as I don't think it's a huge deal, crouch under it. Projectiles in this game are pretty weak in general but hadoken still doesn't strike me as being among the better ones.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Ryu's difficulty isn't even in inputs, he just requires a largely different mindset compared to a lot of the other top tier/good characters in this game.

You can say I'm overhyping it if you want, ubut I think he statisitcally takes noticably more effort than a lot of other characters.

Also Hadouken is mostly used to control space and give Ryu a way to walk forward behind it, less for followups on hit. It's not good for camping or combos really, it just lets Ryu throw out something he can follow, gauge stuff out, etc. I wouldn't rank it as one of the better projectiles in the game compared to the best ones either but I think it has a clear purpose.

Last edited:

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
ZSS: grabrange that goes 1/4 of the stage, not to mention dashgrab which gets a huge boost to make that even longer, the grab basically almost always beats spotdodges and rolls away from her because the hitboxes stay out so long and has such good range. Jumping away + airdodge is too slow because of the jumpsquat startup frames. Your options are trying to attack her or roll behind her, both of which is really risky with her upB oos and rolling behind can always be risky. Of course if your character is able to you could also throw projectiles and reatreat or something.

I definitely see her grab as being really good. If you manage to avoid it somehow you superlikely won't have time for any hard punish. At best some jabs, dashattack or dashgrab or something.
With ZSS grab you have to understand is that from max range, this 1/4 of the stage you speak of, the grab takes 24 frames to connect. That's twice as long as Luigi's slowest attack, his fsmash, and even without anticipation you can react to it every time.

The active frames on the grab are always at the tip of the whip, being 15 frames total, and the whip takes 8 frames to fully extend. This means that at the very tip of the grab there's going to be about 7-8 active frames which is half of common spotdodge invincibility, and anywhere closer to ZSS where the grab is actually workable the active frames are lesser than that.

The Luigi I commonly play against consistently punishes my whiffed grabs with Luigi's up b. I've died to it as early as 45% after the buff. Here's an interesting thing to consider as well:

you don't know ZSS' struggle

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I think the phrase that best describes ZSS's state in the meta right now is "If it wasn't for this grab I would annihilate every single one of you"

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Ganondorf's grab is bad, including Dash and Pivot grab. It's salvaged by having an amazing set of throws though. F-throw and B-throw are god tier for getting people offstage where Ganon shines- no, devours light, and D-throw is a surprisingly good combo/setup throw.

Now if Ganon would stop playing patty cake and actually kill some people with his U-throw, it'd be perfect.
Ganon's f and b throw aren't amazing for aending off because Ganon doesn't get a lot off the situation and sends them too hugh up with an almost 40 degree angle. Ike's is better with a 28 degree angle sending them almost horizontal.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Vinnie might put ZeRo into losers

EDIT: BRACKET RESET

EDIT2: HOLY **** VINNIE MIGHT JUST TAKE OUT ZERO

Last edited:

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Falco not having winning MUs is a joke. His insanely good combo, juggle, and edgeguarding abilities enable him to do we against most heavy characters. I think he beats some floaty characters like Mewtwo and Samus as well for the same reason.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I've always thought Vinnie would be one of the guys to beat Zero. We'll see if it happens.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
I almost pulled all my hair out seeing Vinnie just Vanish each and every single time he got a DThrow.

UAIR KILLS TOO! :facepalm:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Crisis averted. ZeRo went Super Saiyan for the last match. He needs to learn that Sheik ditto, lol

EDIT: And yeah - Vinnie was transparent as hell with the D-Throw to Vanish. I thought he was just going for conditioning, but...

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Zero won

Another really scary thing about Ganondorf's throws is that he sets DI traps near the ledge. If you DI in for F-throw, D-throw true combos into F-air, which can kill at higher %'s. If you DI out for D-throw, F-throw puts you off even further.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It's getting clearer and clearer that this god can bleed though.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Warning Received
AND MIKEKIRBY ALMOST BEAT VINNIE IN SETS BEFORE!!!!

NOW PEOPLE WILL HAVE TO ACCEPT THAT KIRBY'S HIGH TIER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom